Unfortunately, Regime Change is Unlikely in this Case
2017-06-30 06:20:38 UTC
Read this depressing news story

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-40439837

However, quite apart from the fact that this country is not known for its oil
reserves - the reason some cynics might advance -

despite the fall of the Soviet Union, the People's Republic of China is still
around...

and, given certain historical events involving the United States in that part of
the world, it would not be surprising if many people would raise doubts as to
whether the United States could really carry out regime change in this country
with the same effectiveness and finality as they did in Iraq.

Some, of course, think the Iraq war under G. W. Bush was an attempt to rectify the
previous war under his father not deposing Saddam Hussein.

Well, what better way to "Make America Great Again" than to demonstrate that it
can no longer be defeated by a country that is much smaller than it?

Even if they could spending indefinite decades propping up and fighting on behalf another feeble government that can't stand on its own. Your definition of effectiveness and finality is an odd one.
Quadibloc
2017-06-30 17:18:55 UTC
Even if they could spending indefinite decades propping up and fighting on
behalf another feeble government that can't stand on its own. Your definition
of effectiveness and finality is an odd one.
Ah, yes. Whack the mole who is Saddam Hussein, and then the mole that is ISIS
pops up.

Still, the Iraq war was a raging success when compared to the war that went on
in the unnamed country that one has to follow the link to identify... the
identity of that country being, as it were, the "punch line" of my post.

I do not want more American boys to be sent off to fight and die in hopeless
wars, but I do think it's unfortunate that some responsible individual doesn't
have, as it were, a magic wand with which to get rid of all the repressive and
unjust tyrannies we have in the world. Failing that, even if we have to live
with such governments, *at least* we should never become so dishonest and
corrupt not to recognize them for what they are.

I don't pretend that getting rid of them isn't a difficult issue in a
nuclear-armed world.

2017-07-03 17:07:09 UTC
[...]
"Therefore, my Harry, be it thy course to busy giddy minds with
foreign quarrels; that action, hence borne out, may waste the
memory of the former days" _Henry IV_.

Don
Lynn McGuire
2017-07-03 17:29:25 UTC
Post by D B Davis
Post by Quadibloc
[...]
"We have always been at war with Eastasia."
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nineteen_Eighty-Four