The Maretian
2018-06-12 00:44:27 UTC
I am currently reading a crossover between The Martian and My Little Pony Friendship Is Magic.

That is all.
Dorothy J Heydt
2018-06-12 00:52:01 UTC
I am currently reading a crossover between The Martian and My Little
Pony Friendship Is Magic.
That is all.
Sympathies. Maybe after that you can go out and get sufficiently
drunk that you've forgotten it all by morning?
Wolffan
2018-06-12 01:27:48 UTC
I am currently reading a crossover between The Martian and My Little Pony
Friendship Is Magic.
That is all.
So... what do they fertilize the potatoes with in that book? Enquiring minds
wanna know.
Dimensional Traveler
Well their output would have overwhelmed his toilet facility anyway.
Dimensional Traveler
2018-06-12 01:56:39 UTC
I am currently reading a crossover between The Martian and My Little Pony Friendship Is Magic.
That is all.
My deepest sympathies.
2018-06-12 06:54:26 UTC
I am currently reading a crossover between The Martian and My Little Pony Friendship Is Magic.
That is all.
My deepest sympathies.
I honestly find it amusing when I read this in a My Little Pony fanfic:

For a second and a half the flight computer of Sleipnir 1’s first stage had believed that it was pitching up well out of its prograde vector. It compensated as best it could by throttling certain engines and pivoting its engine bells for maximum downward pitch. This put its nose well outside the prograde vector in the opposite direction, just at the moment when the ship was about to experience the highest aerodynamic stress load of the flight- “max Q”.

Air approached the point of incompressibility as the rocket continued to accelerate. The hardening air pushed against the upper side of the imbalanced rocket, shoving it towards the ground, even as the computer tried to bring its nose back in line with its pre-programmed trajectory.

Red Falcon was the most powerful booster system humanity had ever flown successfully. But this time the strength of the rocket worked against it, because the same thrust that tried to compensate for the misalignment also accelerated the ship closer to max Q, harder against the unyielding atmospheric forces.

At almost any other point in the flight the error might have been survivable. Not this time, not this place.

The linkage between the first and the second stage failed, and the giant rocket broke in two. The first stage plowed headlong into the second stage and the probe.

The fireball was visible for miles and miles in the clear skies off the eastern coast of Florida.
John Halpenny
2018-06-12 12:54:34 UTC
[...]
For Sleipnir 1, read Ariene V flight 1 and this actually happened as described.

John
Kevrob
2018-06-12 16:02:44 UTC
Post by John Halpenny
[...]
I prefer "Pretty Pretty Pegasuses" to MLP:FIM.