Questionable Content: It's Like A Keg Stand
Add Reply
Wolffan
2018-08-01 01:28:52 UTC
<https://questionablecontent.net/view.php?comic=3797>
What kind of parties does Bubbles go to, anyway?
Dorothy J Heydt
2018-08-01 01:49:18 UTC
Post by Wolffan
<https://questionablecontent.net/view.php?comic=3797>
What kind of parties does Bubbles go to, anyway?
Tea parties, of course. The humans sit and sip, and the robots
sit and inhale.
Panthera Tigris Altaica
So Bubbles was disarming nuclear weapons while under the influence of caffeine?
Dorothy J Heydt
2018-08-01 14:39:19 UTC
Post by Panthera Tigris Altaica
Post by Dorothy J Heydt
Post by Wolffan
<https://questionablecontent.net/view.php?comic=3797>
What kind of parties does Bubbles go to, anyway?
Tea parties, of course. The humans sit and sip, and the robots
sit and inhale.
So Bubbles was disarming nuclear weapons while under the influence of caffeine?
It would be theine, which turns out to be the same molecule but
resists breaking its bonds to other molecules more slowly, and
therefore takers effect more slowly.

https://fouroclock.ca/en/blog/theine-vs-caffeine-what-difference/

But a cursory search does not reveal whether either caffeine or
theine is released into the atmosphere via steam. Bubbles may
simply enjoy the fragrance.
Carl Fink
2018-08-01 16:48:48 UTC
Post by Dorothy J Heydt
Post by Wolffan
<https://questionablecontent.net/view.php?comic=3797>
What kind of parties does Bubbles go to, anyway?
Tea parties, of course. The humans sit and sip, and the robots
sit and inhale.
So Bubbles was disarming nuclear weapons while under the influence of caffeine?
It would be theine, which turns out to be the same molecule but
resists breaking its bonds to other molecules more slowly, and
therefore takers effect more slowly.
https://fouroclock.ca/en/blog/theine-vs-caffeine-what-difference/
But a cursory search does not reveal whether either caffeine or
theine is released into the atmosphere via steam. Bubbles may
simply enjoy the fragrance.
It seems unlikely either would "influence" Bubs unless she likes the smell.
--
Carl Fink ***@nitpicking.com

Read John Grant's book, Corrupted Science: http://a.co/9UsUoGu
Dedicated to ... Carl Fink!
Greg Goss
2018-08-02 06:31:33 UTC
Post by Dorothy J Heydt
Post by Wolffan
<https://questionablecontent.net/view.php?comic=3797>
What kind of parties does Bubbles go to, anyway?
Tea parties, of course. The humans sit and sip, and the robots
sit and inhale.
So Bubbles was disarming nuclear weapons while under the influence of caffeine?
I'm unclear on the concept of robots and haircuts.
2018-08-02 10:49:32 UTC
Post by Dorothy J Heydt
Post by Wolffan
<https://questionablecontent.net/view.php?comic=3797>
What kind of parties does Bubbles go to, anyway?
Tea parties, of course. The humans sit and sip, and the robots
sit and inhale.
So Bubbles was disarming nuclear weapons while under the influence of caffeine?
I'm unclear on the concept of robots and haircuts.
Maybe its "hair" works like a Chia Pet? :)

2018-08-02 14:54:54 UTC
Post by Dorothy J Heydt
Post by Wolffan
<https://questionablecontent.net/view.php?comic=3797>
What kind of parties does Bubbles go to, anyway?
Tea parties, of course. The humans sit and sip, and the robots
sit and inhale.
So Bubbles was disarming nuclear weapons while under the influence of caffeine?
I'm unclear on the concept of robots and haircuts.
I'm unclear on how her hair could grow.

But ISTR Hal telling me that circuits in long use can grow fine
"whiskers" that can short them out ... maybe Bubbles' designers
turned a bug into a feature?
Leif Roar Moldskred
2018-08-02 21:24:51 UTC
I'm unclear on how her hair could grow.
I believe that has actually been explained in the comic previously,
but I wasn't able to find the page on a quick search. Some discussion
between Faye and Bubbles about it, I think.
Leif Roar Moldskred
Carl Fink
2018-08-03 03:15:20 UTC
Post by Leif Roar Moldskred
Post by Dorothy J Heydt
I'm unclear on how her hair could grow.
I believe that has actually been explained in the comic previously,
but I wasn't able to find the page on a quick search. Some discussion
between Faye and Bubbles about it, I think.
Well, we know Bubbles can style hair:
https://www.questionablecontent.net/view.php?comic=3086

And we know she can replace hair:
https://www.questionablecontent.net/view.php?comic=3174

I think there's a reference to some chassis having variable-length hair but
I haven't found it yet.

Dedicated to ... Carl Fink!
Dimensional Traveler
2018-08-03 03:51:45 UTC
Post by Carl Fink
Post by Leif Roar Moldskred
Post by Dorothy J Heydt
I'm unclear on how her hair could grow.
I believe that has actually been explained in the comic previously,
but I wasn't able to find the page on a quick search. Some discussion
between Faye and Bubbles about it, I think.
https://www.questionablecontent.net/view.php?comic=3086
https://www.questionablecontent.net/view.php?comic=3174
I think there's a reference to some chassis having variable-length hair but
I haven't found it yet.
Like one of the Barbi dolls?
Carl Fink
2018-08-03 04:14:36 UTC
Post by Carl Fink
I think there's a reference to some chassis having variable-length hair but
I haven't found it yet.
Found the one I was thinking of. (Thanks, insomnia!)
https://www.questionablecontent.net/view.php?comic=3336

Dedicated to ... Carl Fink!
Greg Goss
2018-08-03 05:51:52 UTC
Post by Carl Fink
Post by Carl Fink
I think there's a reference to some chassis having variable-length hair but
I haven't found it yet.
Found the one I was thinking of. (Thanks, insomnia!)
https://www.questionablecontent.net/view.php?comic=3336
OK, so Dorothy was correct - it's similar to crystal whisker growth.
And I was right that it would only make sense in a liquid context. I
wouldn't want to be the one to advise Bubs to go soak her head,
though.
2018-08-03 14:34:12 UTC
Post by Greg Goss
Post by Carl Fink
Post by Carl Fink
I think there's a reference to some chassis having variable-length hair but
I haven't found it yet.
Found the one I was thinking of. (Thanks, insomnia!)
https://www.questionablecontent.net/view.php?comic=3336
OK, so Dorothy was correct - it's similar to crystal whisker growth.
And I was right that it would only make sense in a liquid context. I
wouldn't want to be the one to advise Bubs to go soak her head,
though.
It would depend on what she soaked it in. Not the solvent her
hair is "grown" in. But considering that she works in a machine
shop, she probably gets oil and other gunk in it; a WD-40 shampoo
might be just the ticket.
2018-08-03 05:47:24 UTC
Post by Dorothy J Heydt
Post by Wolffan
<https://questionablecontent.net/view.php?comic=3797>
What kind of parties does Bubbles go to, anyway?
Tea parties, of course. The humans sit and sip, and the robots
sit and inhale.
So Bubbles was disarming nuclear weapons while under the influence of caffeine?
I'm unclear on the concept of robots and haircuts.
I'm unclear on how her hair could grow.
But ISTR Hal telling me that circuits in long use can grow fine
"whiskers" that can short them out ... maybe Bubbles' designers
turned a bug into a feature?
Crystal whiskers generally grow in a liquid solution. Transferring
that to a robot's hair is a bigger suspension of disbelief than the
hybrid jetfighter roomba kittens that briefly appeared a few years
back.

Unintended whiskers in NiCd batteries were the basis of "zapper"
battery renewal circuits a couple of decades back (before the rise of
NiMH and ithium). If you send a strong enough pulse through the
cadmium whisker, you can vaporize iit without blowing up the rest of
the battery. (Cadmium is a poison - you don't want to blow it up.)
It's a bit of a balancing act, but done right, you can remove the
short and restore the battery to service.
2018-08-03 14:37:49 UTC
Post by Dorothy J Heydt
Post by Greg Goss
I'm unclear on the concept of robots and haircuts.
I'm unclear on how her hair could grow.
But ISTR Hal telling me that circuits in long use can grow fine
"whiskers" that can short them out ... maybe Bubbles' designers
turned a bug into a feature?
Crystal whiskers generally grow in a liquid solution. Transferring
that to a robot's hair is a bigger suspension of disbelief than the
hybrid jetfighter roomba kittens that briefly appeared a few years
back.
Now I'm visualizing a "beauty parlor" wherein robots go to sit
reading magazines while their scalps are enclosed in a
tight-fitting container full of liquid, growing their hair longer
... just as the humans go to the hairdresser's and sit reading
magazines while the stylist cuts their hair shorter.
2018-08-02 21:00:52 UTC
Post by Dorothy J Heydt
Post by Wolffan
<https://questionablecontent.net/view.php?comic=3797>
What kind of parties does Bubbles go to, anyway?
Tea parties, of course. The humans sit and sip, and the robots
sit and inhale.
So Bubbles was disarming nuclear weapons while under the influence of caffeine?
I'm unclear on the concept of robots and haircuts.
Data in Star Trek sported a beard - briefly -
shortly after Riker did, but I missed how.