[translation] Train to Busan by Yeon Sang-ho
James Nicoll
2017-12-13 20:57:35 UTC
Train to Busan by Yeon Sang-ho

https://jamesdavisnicoll.com/review/teach-your-children-well
Robert Carnegie
2017-12-13 21:43:18 UTC
Post by James Nicoll
Train to Busan by Yeon Sang-ho
https://jamesdavisnicoll.com/review/teach-your-children-well
I did hear they were radically changing the new
_Murder on the Orient Express_ :-)
Joe Bernstein
2017-12-29 22:14:59 UTC
Post by James Nicoll
Train to Busan by Yeon Sang-ho
https://jamesdavisnicoll.com/review/teach-your-children-well
I had to read your review in Google's cache, because the crippled
computer I'm at today doesn't reach most .com addresses, and my
phone doesn't like your site's SQL (if the error message was
truthful).

Anyhow. You criticise the movie for allowing the outbreak to
spread the length and breadth of South Korea in under a day. The
movie is *about* one obvious way that could've happened. South
Korea really does have plenty of high-speed rail. Is the trip
depicted as the first of the day? Do you get confirmation that
the outbreak had spread to any cities not on the rail lines? To
the mountain temples?

The review presents you as faulting both business ethics and those
who criticise business ethics. Are you sure you want this
rhetorical position?

Of the actors you named, I've seen the men (the protagonist in
famous drama <Coffee Prince>, the wrestler in sci-fi anthology
<Doomsday Book>) but not the woman. Of those English Wikipedia
names I've also seen Ahn So-Hee, in arguably her first drama, a
short one law-abidingly available at YouTube, <Happy Rose Day>. I
haven't encountered anything involving the writer-director,
nor the other person named as writer (at Wikipedia and some other
places, but not all). Nothing just named is painful to watch, but
in my opinion none is mandatory viewing either; however, many
other fans of Korean TV dramas consider <Coffee Prince> the
greatest of all human creations, so be warned if you get into any
in-depth discussions of <Train to Busan>.

Joe Bernstein
Joe Bernstein, writer <***@gmail.com>
Carl Fink
2017-12-30 03:05:58 UTC
Post by Joe Bernstein
I had to read your review in Google's cache, because the crippled
computer I'm at today doesn't reach most .com addresses, and my
phone doesn't like your site's SQL (if the error message was
truthful).
Your phone would not be running or seeing SQL. It almost had to be a
transient error at JDN's site.
--
Carl Fink ***@nitpicking.com

Stupid mistakes you can correct!