_Hornet's Nest: A Post Apocalyptic EMP Survival Fiction Series (The Blackout Series) (Volume 5) _ by Bobby Akart
Lynn McGuire
2017-07-27 17:48:31 UTC
_Hornet's Nest: A Post Apocalyptic EMP Survival Fiction Series (The
Blackout Series) (Volume 5) _ by Bobby Akart

https://www.amazon.com/Hornets-Nest-Apocalyptic-Survival-Blackout/dp/1543149731/

Book number five of a six book apocalyptic CME (coronal mass ejection)
series. I read the POD (print on demand) trade paperback. I am now
reading the sixth book in the series (probably the last book in the
series as the author has moved on to a global pandemic series). These
are quick read books in a comfortable format with 50 pages addendums on
EMP and CME events. And prepping.

The Rymans are welcomed at Shiloh Ranch by their friends and start
helping out in the post apocalyptic world. But the county sheriff and
his band of formerly jailed deputies are bound and determined to take
over the ranches in the county. The second battle of Shiloh ensues in
the town of Savannah, Tennessee.

The author has a website at:
www.BobbyAkart.com

My rating: 4.4 out of 5 stars
Amazon rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars (130 reviews)

Lynn
Lynn McGuire
2017-07-27 18:02:50 UTC
Post by Lynn McGuire
[...]
BTW, the aforementioned author, Bobby Akart, motto is, "never
underestimate the depravity of man". And, he goes on to live it to the
fullest extreme in his books with theft, forced labor, forced
prostitution, and murder.

Lynn
Michael F. Stemper
2017-08-07 17:22:26 UTC
Post by Lynn McGuire
BTW, the aforementioned author, Bobby Akart, motto is, "never
underestimate the depravity of man". And, he goes on to live it to the
fullest extreme in his books with theft, forced labor, forced
prostitution, and murder.
Since you're so heavily into post-apocalyptic stuff, I've been meaning
to ask your opinion of _The Rift_, by WJW. Now that you've brought up
the depravity issue, I really wanna know.

I read _The Rift_ back in 2003. I really enjoyed about the first
two-thirds. Then the slave camps and such got going, and I really
had trouble finishing it.

What was your reaction to it?
--
Michael F. Stemper
Life's too important to take seriously.
Lynn McGuire

Lynn
Lynn McGuire
2017-08-11 00:29:45 UTC
Post by Lynn McGuire
Post by Michael F. Stemper
Post by Lynn McGuire
BTW, the aforementioned author, Bobby Akart, motto is, "never
underestimate the depravity of man". And, he goes on to live it to
the fullest extreme in his books with theft, forced labor, forced
prostitution, and murder.
Since you're so heavily into post-apocalyptic stuff, I've been meaning
to ask your opinion of _The Rift_, by WJW. Now that you've brought up
the depravity issue, I really wanna know.
I read _The Rift_ back in 2003. I really enjoyed about the first
two-thirds. Then the slave camps and such got going, and I really
had trouble finishing it.
What was your reaction to it?
About the same.
Lynn
Here is my review from 2012:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/review/R2IOXQJN2JVXJG

"At the advice of some here, I bought this (used since out of print) and
finally read it. I thought it was a apocalypse story but it is a
disaster story (not my favorite). I like the book as it spent a LOT of
time on building the characters but I did not like the Armageddon
preacher clan nor the KKK sheriff. Just seemed a little over the top to me."

Lynn