[Because My Tears Are Delicious To You] Floating Worlds by Cecelia Holland
2018-03-11 14:37:36 UTC
Floating Worlds by Cecelia Holland

https://jamesdavisnicoll.com/review/a-little-bit-genghis-khan
2018-03-11 17:16:53 UTC
Floating Worlds by Cecelia Holland
https://jamesdavisnicoll.com/review/a-little-bit-genghis-khan
Mongols? I remember comments (in, IIRC, _Locus_), that the Styth were
based on the Huns (and Saba was Atilla).
‹-----------------------------------------------------
2018-03-11 19:03:42 UTC
Post by Robert Woodward
Post by James Nicoll
Floating Worlds by Cecelia Holland
https://jamesdavisnicoll.com/review/a-little-bit-genghis-khan
Mongols? I remember comments (in, IIRC, _Locus_), that the Styth were
based on the Huns (and Saba was Atilla).
Perhaps I erred but they seemed to be space mongols to me...
2018-03-12 17:21:36 UTC
Post by Robert Woodward
Post by James Nicoll
Floating Worlds by Cecelia Holland
https://jamesdavisnicoll.com/review/a-little-bit-genghis-khan
Mongols? I remember comments (in, IIRC, _Locus_), that the Styth were
based on the Huns (and Saba was Atilla).
Perhaps I erred but they seemed to be space mongols to me...
I haven't found the Huns description (according to the ISFDB, there was
no review in Locus); however, Charles Brown in a review column in the
3rd issue of what is now _Asimov's Science Fiction_ said Mongols as
well. I might have seen it in Geis's _Science Fiction Review_, but I
haven't found my copies.
‹-----------------------------------------------------
2018-03-12 21:18:04 UTC
Post by Robert Woodward
Post by James Nicoll
Post by Robert Woodward
Post by James Nicoll
Floating Worlds by Cecelia Holland
https://jamesdavisnicoll.com/review/a-little-bit-genghis-khan
Mongols? I remember comments (in, IIRC, _Locus_), that the Styth were
based on the Huns (and Saba was Atilla).
Perhaps I erred but they seemed to be space mongols to me...
I haven't found the Huns description (according to the ISFDB, there was
no review in Locus); however, Charles Brown in a review column in the
3rd issue of what is now _Asimov's Science Fiction_ said Mongols as
well. I might have seen it in Geis's _Science Fiction Review_, but I
haven't found my copies.
From the point of view of the peasant getting trampled under hoof, is
there much difference between Huns and Mongols?
Steve Coltrin
2018-03-13 18:18:28 UTC
begin fnord
Post by Dimensional Traveler
From the point of view of the peasant getting trampled under hoof, is
there much difference between Huns and Mongols?
The language you should have been grovelling in.
--
Steve Coltrin ***@omcl.org Google Groups killfiled here
"A group known as the League of Human Dignity helped arrange for Deuel