Under One Banner - Graydon Saunders
Add Reply
-dsr-
2018-08-20 20:34:13 UTC
Book four of the Commonweal is now out.

https://dubiousprospects.blogspot.com/2018/08/committing-book-is-getting-to-be-habit.html

-dsr- hasn't read it yet, just bought it.
Dorothy J Heydt
2018-08-20 21:13:11 UTC
Post by -dsr-
Book four of the Commonweal is now out.
https://dubiousprospects.blogspot.com/2018/08/committing-book-is-getting-to-be-habit.html
-dsr- hasn't read it yet, just bought it.
Hooray!

/off to googlebooks to buy it
2018-08-21 04:40:53 UTC
Post by -dsr-
Book four of the Commonweal is now out.
https://dubiousprospects.blogspot.com/2018/08/committing-book-is-getting-to-b
e-habit.html
-dsr- hasn't read it yet, just bought it.
Hooray!
/off to googlebooks to buy it
Alas, it is not yet up on Apple's store.
‹-----------------------------------------------------
Robert Woodward ***@drizzle.com
Jaimie Vandenbergh
2018-08-20 22:38:17 UTC
Post by -dsr-
Book four of the Commonweal is now out.
https://dubiousprospects.blogspot.com/2018/08/committing-book-is-getting-to-be-habit.html
-dsr- hasn't read it yet, just bought it.
Splendid. And once again Google manages to annoy me by breaking the
Google Play store enough that it doesn't work in Firefox or Safari, and
I have to spin up (and worse, log in to) Chrome. Blehhhh.

Worth it.

Cheers - Jaimie
--
People who think they know everything really annoy those of us who know we don't
-- Bjarne Stroustrup
David Goldfarb
2018-08-21 02:47:57 UTC
Post by Jaimie Vandenbergh
And once again Google manages to annoy me by breaking the
Google Play store enough that it doesn't work in Firefox or Safari, and
I have to spin up (and worse, log in to) Chrome. Blehhhh.
...?

I used Safari to buy the book and it worked for me just fine.
--
David Goldfarb | "All love is unrequited."
***@gmail.com |
***@ocf.berkeley.edu | -- Babylon 5, "Rising Star"
Jaimie Vandenbergh
2018-08-21 09:47:41 UTC
Post by David Goldfarb
Post by Jaimie Vandenbergh
And once again Google manages to annoy me by breaking the
Google Play store enough that it doesn't work in Firefox or Safari, and
I have to spin up (and worse, log in to) Chrome. Blehhhh.
...?
I used Safari to buy the book and it worked for me just fine.
Just sits at a spinner here, even after disabling ghostery and uBlock.
Never mind, I got my epub and signed back out of Chrome.

Cheers - Jaimie
--
The advantage of a bad memory is that one can enjoy the
same good things for the first time several times. -- Nietzsche
Michal Jakuszewski
2018-08-24 17:59:35 UTC
...?
I didnt' have any problems using Firefox.
Gary R. Schmidt
2018-08-21 02:14:29 UTC
Post by -dsr-
Book four of the Commonweal is now out.
https://dubiousprospects.blogspot.com/2018/08/committing-book-is-getting-to-be-habit.html
-dsr- hasn't read it yet, just bought it.
Yay! I've been hanging out for something new to read on the train[1],
this'll be great!

Cheers,
Gary B-)

1 - If I don't read it in one go as soon as it downloads... ;-)
--
When men talk to their friends, they insult each other.
They don't really mean it.
They don't mean it either.
Dorothy J Heydt
2018-08-21 02:41:34 UTC
Post by -dsr-
-dsr- hasn't read it yet, just bought it.
Yay! I've been hanging out for something new to read on the train[1],
this'll be great!
Cheers,
Gary B-)
1 - If I don't read it in one go as soon as it downloads... ;-)
I'm several chapters deep into it. It appears to be set some years
after the adventures of Zora and the unicorn, and there has been
something called the Fight Below the Edge, about which I haven't
been able to find out very much yet, but it has had an effect on
the military forces of the Creeks, which are being called on to
expand like mad.

The tight-third-view protagonist is a former sorcery student
who's had part of her brain burnt out (literally) and lost her
Power, and now has to find some other way of being useful.
Gary R. Schmidt
2018-08-22 11:36:44 UTC
Post by -dsr-
Book four of the Commonweal is now out.
https://dubiousprospects.blogspot.com/2018/08/committing-book-is-getting-to-be-habit.html
-dsr- hasn't read it yet, just bought it.
Yay!  I've been hanging out for something new to read on the train[1],
this'll be great!
    Cheers,
        Gary    B-)
1 - If I don't read it in one go as soon as it downloads...  ;-)
Nope, didn't make it to the train... :-)

Cheers,
Gary B-)
They don't mean it either.
David DeLaney
2018-08-31 14:20:00 UTC
Post by -dsr-
Book four of the Commonweal is now out.
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
Post by -dsr-
-dsr- hasn't read it yet, just bought it.
[an interval occurs. some clicking and scrabbling noises are heard, as well as
a small collection of squeaks]

Ditto!

Dave, I know already it will be WELL worth ten bucks. o frabjous day
2018-08-31 16:48:24 UTC
Post by -dsr-
-dsr- hasn't read it yet, just bought it.
[an interval occurs. some clicking and scrabbling noises are heard, as well as
a small collection of squeaks]
Ditto!
I've read part of it, interrupted by cataract surgery (doing
nicely, thanks). It's great so far.