John Varley is selling some autographed Heinleins
2017-04-05 01:52:20 UTC
John Varley is selling some autographed Heinleins
http://varley.net/nonfiction/news/ebay-auction/

"I know many of you have asked when my next novel, Irontown Blues, will be published. The answer is that I’m pretty sure it will be
in the Fall, September or October."

"Which means I have to hand it in by April 30. Since it’s not finished yet, this has been a cause of quite a bit of anxiety for us. I
am working hard every day. I am pleased to say it’s coming along well."

"But I am way over the original deadline, and this time the publisher has said they will not extend it again. Meantime, the well is
running dry, the bank account virtually empty. So it’s time to bite the bullet, dig into the vaults, and have a garage sale online."

"I am selling four hardcover first editions of books by Robert A. Heinlein. These books are all autographed, and three of them are
inscribed to me, personally. On the Antiques Roadshow such books are referred to as association copies. That is, a signature of a
famous author with a dedication to another famous person. (Well, within the science fiction community I am sort of famous.)"

"The Cat Who Walks Through Walls"
http://www.ebay.com/itm/-/262923992586?

"Friday"
http://www.ebay.com/itm/-/262924005271?

It looks like the "Job" and "To Sail Beyond the Sunset" are sold already.

Lynn
Jay E. Morris
2017-04-05 02:25:42 UTC
[...]
I see almost 7 days left on each. Starting bid on each at $500 except
Friday, $100. No bids yet. Unless I'm not seeing current listings.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Job-A-Comedy-of-Justice-Robert-A-Heinlein-Signed-Association-Copy/262923999061

http://www.ebay.com/itm/To-Sail-Beyond-the-Sunset-Robert-A-Heinlein-Signed-Association-Copy/262923984420
Lynn McGuire
2017-04-18 01:56:00 UTC
[...]
Hello Readers,

We recently held an eBay auction to sell four signed and inscribed books
by Robert A. Heinlein. We am happy to report that the final prices for
these items were way beyond what I had expected!

I was not going to quote just how much they went for, but then I
realized that anyone who wanted to know could just look them up on eBay,
so what the heck. Here’s what we got:

*Job: A Comedy of Justice*: $870.00

*Friday*: $935.00

*The Cat Who Walks Through Walls*: $1,025.00

*To Sail Beyond the Sunset*: a whopping $1.200.76.

I want to thank all the bidders and buyers. And beyond that, there were
several of you who either did not need the books or couldn’t afford
them, who just donated money. This added up to almost a thousand dollars
more. Your generosity knows no bounds. I have always known I have the
best readers in the world, and once more you have shown it by helping to
bail us out of our current situation.

Peace/Shalom/Salaam

John
www.varley.net