R.I.P. John Dalmas, 90, in June
l***@yahoo.com
2017-07-12 22:08:03 UTC
http://www.sfwa.org/2017/07/memoriam-john-dalmas/

First half:

"John Dalmas (b.1926 as John Robert Jones) died in June (15th) following a short bout of pneumonia. In 1969, when Dalmas was working for the US Forest Service, he published the novel, The Yngling, which was serialized in Analog and published in book form in 1971. Two stand-alone stories appeared in Analog in 1970, but Dalmas didn’t publish any more fiction until his retirement, when his novel The Varkaus Conspiracy appeared in 1983..."

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!searchin/rec.arts.books.childrens/john$20dalmas%7Csort:relevance/rec.arts.books.childrens/TLZd1ZjHUdk/A3AckSeNAAAJ
(birthday post from last year, with links to booklist and book covers)

Lenona.
Lynn McGuire
2017-07-12 22:33:36 UTC
Post by l***@yahoo.com
http://www.sfwa.org/2017/07/memoriam-john-dalmas/
"John Dalmas (b.1926 as John Robert Jones) died in June (15th) following a short bout of pneumonia. In 1969, when Dalmas was working for the US Forest Service, he published the novel, The Yngling, which was serialized in Analog and published in book form in 1971. Two stand-alone stories appeared in Analog in 1970, but Dalmas didn’t publish any more fiction until his retirement, when his novel The Varkaus Conspiracy appeared in 1983..."
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!searchin/rec.arts.books.childrens/john$20dalmas%7Csort:relevance/rec.arts.books.childrens/TLZd1ZjHUdk/A3AckSeNAAAJ
(birthday post from last year, with links to booklist and book covers)
Lenona.
If I remember correctly, I have read several of his books and have one
in my SBR (strategic book reserve).
https://www.amazon.com/Soldiers-John-Dalmas/dp/0671319876/