Claiming your place on Wikipedia!
Add Reply
The Starmaker
2018-07-28 18:40:38 UTC
Promotional Package
Cost: $699.00

Claiming your place on Wikipedia!
Creating Content
Inserting Guidelines
Content Formatting
Integrating Sources
Working with industry experts
Experiencing quick responses and fast turnarounds
Utilizing resources more productively
Unlimited Revisions
100% Ownership Rights
100% Money Back Guarantee

they charging to place misinformation now?
mimus99
2018-07-30 14:29:23 UTC
Post by The Starmaker
Promotional Package
Cost: $699.00
Claiming your place on Wikipedia!
Creating Content
Inserting Guidelines
Content Formatting
Integrating Sources
Working with industry experts
Experiencing quick responses and fast turnarounds
Utilizing resources more productively
Unlimited Revisions
100% Ownership Rights
100% Money Back Guarantee
they charging to place misinformation now?
You should read my post on the Flonk about "How I Tried Four Times to Edit
a Wikipedia Article":

https://groups.google.com/forum/message/raw?msg=alt.alien.vampire.flonk.flonk.flonk/LL5PT1fwRaE/OwfDjwr0XVcJ
Bureaucracy Is All.
Jibini Kula Tumbili Kujisalimisha
2018-07-30 17:33:22 UTC
Post by mimus99
Post by The Starmaker
Promotional Package
Cost: $699.00
Claiming your place on Wikipedia!
Creating Content
Inserting Guidelines
Content Formatting
Integrating Sources
Working with industry experts
Experiencing quick responses and fast turnarounds
Utilizing resources more productively
Unlimited Revisions
100% Ownership Rights
100% Money Back Guarantee
they charging to place misinformation now?
You should read my post on the Flonk about "How I Tried Four
https://groups.google.com/forum/message/raw?msg=alt.alien.vampire
.flonk.flonk.flonk/LL5PT1fwRaE/OwfDjwr0XVcJ
Or the account of Timothy Messer-Kruse's attempts to correct
completely bogus information about the Haymarket Riot, in which the
powers that be at Wikpedia said point blaank that public opinion
takes precendence over actual fact, regardless of who factually
incorrect it is.

https://www.npr.org/2012/10/03/162203092/wikipedia-politicizes-
landmark-historical-event

https://tinyurl.com/y8z3pskd

Wikipedia is a popularity contest for what people want to be true,
and truth will never be allowed to interfere with that primary
function.

t***@gmail.com
2018-08-03 13:28:02 UTC
Post by Jibini Kula Tumbili Kujisalimisha
Post by mimus99
Post by The Starmaker
Promotional Package
Cost: $699.00
[...]
Did he try suing?
Are Trumpers all over Wikipedia?
Carl Fink
2018-08-03 13:45:37 UTC
I don't know that this is self-promotion: I'm actually moderating a panel on
this very topic (or nearly so) at Worldcon.
--
Carl Fink ***@nitpicking.com

Read John Grant's book, Corrupted Science: http://a.co/9UsUoGu
Dedicated to ... Carl Fink!
Jibini Kula Tumbili Kujisalimisha
2018-08-03 15:15:27 UTC
On Monday, July 30, 2018 at 10:33:27 AM UTC-7, Jibini Kula
Post by Jibini Kula Tumbili Kujisalimisha
Post by mimus99
Post by The Starmaker
Promotional Package
Cost: $699.00
[...]
I don't believe he did. Why would he boether? It's not like nobody
knows how useless Wikipedia is.
Post by Jibini Kula Tumbili Kujisalimisha
https://www.npr.org/2012/10/03/162203092/wikipedia-politicizes-
landmark-historical-event
https://tinyurl.com/y8z3pskd
Wikipedia is a popularity contest for what people want to be
true, and truth will never be allowed to interfere with that
primary function.
Are Trumpers all over Wikipedia?
Wikipedia has a long history of liberal bias, so I'd say it was
more likely Clintinistas who are mainpulating it.

2018-08-03 18:07:47 UTC
Post by Jibini Kula Tumbili Kujisalimisha
Wikipedia has a long history of liberal bias, so I'd say it was
more likely Clintinistas who are mainpulating it.
Liberal bias is only in the tiny little minds of a tiny subset of the hard-right
ship of fools. Middle of the road is "liberal" bias to those types.
Dorothy J Heydt
2018-08-03 18:36:18 UTC
Post by Scott Lurndal
Post by Jibini Kula Tumbili Kujisalimisha
Wikipedia has a long history of liberal bias, so I'd say it was
more likely Clintinistas who are mainpulating it.
Liberal bias is only in the tiny little minds of a tiny subset of the hard-right
ship of fools. Middle of the road is "liberal" bias to those types.
You remind me of the 1950s, when the left called everything to
the right of hard-left "Fascist" and the right called everything
to the left of hard-right "Communist."
2018-08-03 20:16:51 UTC
Post by Scott Lurndal
Post by Jibini Kula Tumbili Kujisalimisha
Wikipedia has a long history of liberal bias, so I'd say it was
more likely Clintinistas who are mainpulating it.
Liberal bias is only in the tiny little minds of a tiny subset
of the hard-right ship of fools. Middle of the road is
"liberal" bias to those types.
You remind me of the 1950s, when the left called everything to
the right of hard-left "Fascist"
The 50s? Have you been living in a cave since then? Cuz that's the
only way you could possibly think they ever stopped doing that?

"Nazi" now means "anyone who disagrees with me in any way, but that I
can't refute."

2018-08-03 21:40:03 UTC
Post by Dorothy J Heydt
Post by Scott Lurndal
Post by Jibini Kula Tumbili Kujisalimisha
Wikipedia has a long history of liberal bias, so I'd say it was
more likely Clintinistas who are mainpulating it.
Liberal bias is only in the tiny little minds of a tiny subset
of the hard-right ship of fools. Middle of the road is
"liberal" bias to those types.
You remind me of the 1950s, when the left called everything to
the right of hard-left "Fascist"
The 50s? Have you been living in a cave since then? Cuz that's the
only way you could possibly think they ever stopped doing that?
They use different language now; that's all.
2018-08-03 22:37:35 UTC
Post by Dorothy J Heydt
Post by Scott Lurndal
Post by Jibini Kula Tumbili Kujisalimisha
Wikipedia has a long history of liberal bias, so I'd say it was
more likely Clintinistas who are mainpulating it.
Liberal bias is only in the tiny little minds of a tiny subset
of the hard-right ship of fools. Middle of the road is
"liberal" bias to those types.
You remind me of the 1950s, when the left called everything to
the right of hard-left "Fascist"
The 50s? Have you been living in a cave since then? Cuz that's the
only way you could possibly think they ever stopped doing that?
They use different language now; that's all.
Not really. The word "fascist" is their first choide to describe
anything they disagree with (especially, but not limited to,
politics). (While, in many cases, engaging in activities that are
literally right out of the history of the Nazi party's rise to power
in the 20s.)

2018-08-03 20:15:20 UTC
Post by Scott Lurndal
Post by Jibini Kula Tumbili Kujisalimisha
Wikipedia has a long history of liberal bias, so I'd say it was
more likely Clintinistas who are mainpulating it.
Liberal bias is only in the tiny little minds of a tiny subset
of the hard-right ship of fools. Middle of the road is
"liberal" bias to those types.
I know marijuana is legal in many states, but I didn't realize LSD
was, too. But hey, dude, whatever gets you through the day.

(A Google search for "Wikipedia bias" only produces 37 million
results, after all.)

2018-08-03 20:23:26 UTC
Post by Scott Lurndal
Post by Jibini Kula Tumbili Kujisalimisha
Wikipedia has a long history of liberal bias, so I'd say it was
more likely Clintinistas who are mainpulating it.
Liberal bias is only in the tiny little minds of a tiny subset
of the hard-right ship of fools. Middle of the road is
"liberal" bias to those types.
I know marijuana is legal in many states, but I didn't realize LSD
was, too. But hey, dude, whatever gets you through the day.
(A Google search for "Wikipedia bias" only produces 37 million
results, after all.)
So what? When did a google search become synonomous with actual
scholarly research? I suspect most of those 37 million hits are
your postings - the volume is about right.
Jibini Kula Tumbili Kujisalimisha
2018-08-03 20:37:22 UTC
Post by Scott Lurndal
Post by Jibini Kula Tumbili Kujisalimisha
Wikipedia has a long history of liberal bias, so I'd say it
was more likely Clintinistas who are mainpulating it.
Liberal bias is only in the tiny little minds of a tiny subset
of the hard-right ship of fools. Middle of the road is
"liberal" bias to those types.
I know marijuana is legal in many states, but I didn't realize
LSD was, too. But hey, dude, whatever gets you through the day.
(A Google search for "Wikipedia bias" only produces 37 million
results, after all.)
So what? When did a google search become synonomous with actual
scholarly research?
We were talking about Wikipedia, not scholarly research. And yeah,
a Google search is just about as credible.
Post by Scott Lurndal
I suspect most of those 37 million hits are
your postings - the volume is about right.
Somebody needs to change your diaper, son. Before you get a rash.

Wikipedia's bias is well documented and pervasive. Even if you
agree with it, it's still bias. Deal with it.

Alan Baker
2018-08-05 00:07:20 UTC
Post by Scott Lurndal
Post by Jibini Kula Tumbili Kujisalimisha
Wikipedia has a long history of liberal bias, so I'd say it
was more likely Clintinistas who are mainpulating it.
Liberal bias is only in the tiny little minds of a tiny subset
of the hard-right ship of fools. Middle of the road is
"liberal" bias to those types.
I know marijuana is legal in many states, but I didn't realize
LSD was, too. But hey, dude, whatever gets you through the day.
(A Google search for "Wikipedia bias" only produces 37 million
results, after all.)
So what? When did a google search become synonomous with actual
scholarly research?
We were talking about Wikipedia, not scholarly research. And yeah,
a Google search is just about as credible.
He was referring to your citation of a Google search as somehow
meaningful, Terry.

Do keep up.
Jibini Kula Tumbili Kujisalimisha

2018-08-08 10:08:50 UTC
Post by Jibini Kula Tumbili Kujisalimisha
Wikipedia's bias is well documented and pervasive. Even if you
agree with it, it's still bias. Deal with it.
Alas, so is reality's; it's quite demonstrably biased away from faith-based
reasoning and technology, and towards cooperation. LIIIIIBERAL!!1!

Dave, dealing with it was what I trained for in college
2018-08-08 15:53:58 UTC
On 2018-08-03, Jibini Kula Tumbili Kujisalimisha
Post by Jibini Kula Tumbili Kujisalimisha
Wikipedia's bias is well documented and pervasive. Even if you
agree with it, it's still bias. Deal with it.
Alas, so is reality's; it's quite demonstrably biased away from
faith-based reasoning and technology, and towards cooperation.
LIIIIIBERAL!!1!
You're hallucinating again.
Dave, dealing with it was what I trained for in college
Pity they didn't do a better job of it.

d***@gmail.com
2018-08-08 22:32:10 UTC
Post by Scott Lurndal
Post by Jibini Kula Tumbili Kujisalimisha
Wikipedia has a long history of liberal bias, so I'd say it was
more likely Clintinistas who are mainpulating it.
Liberal bias is only in the tiny little minds of a tiny subset
of the hard-right ship of fools. Middle of the road is
"liberal" bias to those types.
I know marijuana is legal in many states, but I didn't realize LSD
was, too. But hey, dude, whatever gets you through the day.
(A Google search for "Wikipedia bias" only produces 37 million
results, after all.)
There are many claims that Wikipedia is biased. In some cases this is clearly true.

Wikipedia is clearly afflicted with recentism. Events since the rise of the internet, and particularly events and things that can easily be documented in online sources, are MUCH better covered.

Related to this, but partly separate, Wikipedia is biased towards things in North America and Western Europe, and to a lesser extent other develop[ed areas of the world. This is partly because such things are more likely to be sourcable online, but the bias is more than even the disparity in the degree of online coverage would predict.

Wikipedia is biased toward topics of interest to its typical (well modal) editor, a young (teens to 30s) male resident of North America or Western Europe who is computer literate with at least some technical background. Thus coverage of video games and sports is all out of proportion with coverage of, say 14th century art.

Wikipedia is biased towards a mainstream western view of technical and scientific topics, particularly medical topics, and against "alternate" views of these issues. This is in sizable part because of its insistence on basing articles on reliable sources, and its view of what is reliable.

That insistence on sources means that topics under-covered by the written historical record, such as the lives of notable women, are also under-covered by Wikipedia. The modal editor demographic exacerbates this.

However, what I see of editing on more strictly political topics shows strong presence by both people of conservative and liberal views, with little bias toward one side or the other of the political spectrum beyond that implicit in the available online sources.

I have been a rather active Wikipedia editor for some 12 years now, holding admin status on the English-language edition for most of that time, so dealing with bias is part of my job there. I base the statements above on that experience.

-DES
Jibini Kula Tumbili Kujisalimisha
2018-08-08 22:55:24 UTC
Post by d***@gmail.com
I have been a rather active Wikipedia editor for some 12 years
now, holding admin status on the English-language edition for
most of that time, so dealing with bias is part of my job there.
I base the statements above on that experience.
I consider that proof that you couldn't identify an actual fact if it
were kneeling in front of you sucking your dick.

d***@gmail.com
2018-08-08 23:13:38 UTC
Post by d***@gmail.com
I have been a rather active Wikipedia editor for some 12 years
now, holding admin status on the English-language edition for
most of that time, so dealing with bias is part of my job there.
I base the statements above on that experience.
I consider that proof that you couldn't identify an actual fact if it
were kneeling in front of you sucking your dick.
I don't have sex with facts. But then consider the source.

I have been posting on this NG, off and on, for years also, all under this name and email. Anyone interested in evidence rather than bias could review those posts and see if I appear rational or some sort of nutcase.

Wikipedia edits are all logged, back to the very earliest days. Anyone interested can review my edits there -- I edit under my legal name, so they aren't hard to find.

I mostly don't edit overtly political topics.

Anyone actually interested in my ability to recognize facts will find huge numbers of data points to asses.

But it is clear that you are only interested in making snide rhetorical points. Why bother? And why does anyone bother taking you seriously when you do this? You didn't, for example, quote any of the substance of my post. I only responded because there is much misinformation and misunderstanding about bias on Wikipedia floating around the net.

-DES
h***@gmail.com
2018-08-08 23:59:22 UTC
Post by d***@gmail.com
I have been a rather active Wikipedia editor for some 12 years
now, holding admin status on the English-language edition for
most of that time, so dealing with bias is part of my job there.
I base the statements above on that experience.
I consider that proof that you couldn't identify an actual fact if it
were kneeling in front of you sucking your dick.
I don't have sex with facts. But then consider the source.
I have been posting on this NG, off and on, for years also, all under this name and email. Anyone interested in evidence rather than bias could review those posts and see if I appear rational or some sort of nutcase.
You're responding to Terry here.
When Terry is trolling all he wants is a response
or is on one of his raw buttons he's about as likely to consider opposing evidence as Shawn Wilson
I don't think many people do on his hot button topics.
Juho Julkunen
2018-08-09 14:22:02 UTC
Post by h***@gmail.com
Post by d***@gmail.com
But it is clear that you are only interested in making snide rhetorical points. Why bother? And why does anyone bother taking you seriously when you do this?
I don't think many people do on his hot button topics.
Why do you think he has hot button topics, rather than tried and true
go-to provocations?

He is a troll. He is quite open about it, and has been active here for
years. Like you said, all he's looking for is a response, any response.

I have trouble wrapping my brain around the fact that so many people
just don't seem to be able to comprehend that.

"He's getting defensive because this is a sore topic for him."

"He's run out of arguments, which means I'm winning."

"I'm enjoying myself riling him."

You're still respoding to him, which is the only thing he cares about.
If you enjoy it too, go right ahead and keep posting. If you think you
are in a legitimate argument, please wise up and stop wasting your and
everybody else's time.

This has been my perodic public service post on the subject. I expect
that it will have zero impact on anyone's behaviour, as usual, and that
Terry will thank me for baiting the hook for him.

You're welcome, buddy.
Juho Julkunen
h***@gmail.com
2018-08-09 15:03:24 UTC
Post by Juho Julkunen
Post by h***@gmail.com
Post by d***@gmail.com
But it is clear that you are only interested in making snide rhetorical points. Why bother? And why does anyone bother taking you seriously when you do this?
I don't think many people do on his hot button topics.
Why do you think he has hot button topics, rather than tried and true
go-to provocations?
He's produced the wikipedia stories when he hasn't been in troll mode and has continued on in a normal discussion when people haven't bitten at the comment.
I think it's quite possible that it's something that does get his goat rather than always being bait (if he catches something with it then he'll continue in troll mode though)
Jibini Kula Tumbili Kujisalimisha
2018-08-09 15:54:51 UTC
Post by h***@gmail.com
I think
The snipped content of your post argues otherwise.

2018-08-09 15:54:05 UTC
In article
On Thursday, August 9, 2018 at 9:13:40 AM UTC+10,
Post by d***@gmail.com
But it is clear that you are only interested in making snide
rhetorical points. Why bother? And why does anyone bother
taking you seriously when you do this?
I don't think many people do on his hot button topics.
Why do you think he has hot button topics, rather than tried and
true go-to provocations?
I was wondering that, too.
He is a troll. He is quite open about it, and has been active
here for years. Like you said, all he's looking for is a
response, any response.
There are certain topics that are especially useful in trolling
people, but they're not *my* hot button topics.
I have trouble wrapping my brain around the fact that so many
people just don't seem to be able to comprehend that.
Even when it's explained to them, over and over and over.
"He's getting defensive because this is a sore topic for him."
"He's run out of arguments, which means I'm winning."
"I'm enjoying myself riling him."
You're still respoding to him, which is the only thing he cares
about. If you enjoy it too, go right ahead and keep posting. If
you think you are in a legitimate argument, please wise up and
stop wasting your and everybody else's time.
As Seawasp has mentioned, you cannot win, and the only way to not
lose is to not play.
This has been my perodic public service post on the subject. I
expect that it will have zero impact on anyone's behaviour,
I disagree. It will, in fact, set the hook deeper. It always does.
May even catch a few additional fish as well.
as
usual, and that Terry will thank me for baiting the hook for
him.
You're welcome, buddy.
Thank you, indeed.

2018-08-09 15:51:02 UTC
On Wednesday, August 8, 2018 at 6:55:28 PM UTC-4, Jibini Kula
Post by d***@gmail.com
I have been a rather active Wikipedia editor for some 12
years now, holding admin status on the English-language
edition for most of that time, so dealing with bias is part
of my job there. I base the statements above on that
experience.
I consider that proof that you couldn't identify an actual fact
if it were kneeling in front of you sucking your dick.
I don't have sex with facts.
I don't expect you ahve sex with anything but your right hand.
But then consider the source.
I have been posting on this NG, off and on, for years also, all
under this name and email. Anyone interested in evidence rather
than bias could review those posts and see if I appear rational
or some sort of nutcase.
If you believe that your posts on Usenet have anything whatsoever
to do with how Wikipedia operates, you must be a Wikepedia editor.
Wikipedia edits are all logged, back to the very earliest days.
Anyone interested can review my edits there -- I edit under my
legal name, so they aren't hard to find.
I mostly don't edit overtly political topics.
Which, of course, means you have no experience with the worst of
the bias.
Anyone actually interested in my ability to recognize facts will
find huge numbers of data points to asses.
Including the published policy that says that primary sources
aren't allowed, and well documented cases of completely bogus
information being kept in despite conclusive evidence that it's
wrong.

And emails from Wikipedia admins says, point blank, that's how they
want it. (The Haymarket Riot incident is the easiest example to
find.)
But it is clear that you are only interested in making snide
rhetorical points.
And it is clear that you are only interested in defending a broken
system, despite knowing how broken it is.
Why bother?
Why do you bother?
And why does anyone bother
taking you seriously when you do this?
Why does anyone bother taking *you* seriously? You edit for
Wikipedia, after all.
You didn't, for example,
Welcome to Usenet. Only idiots take *anything* seriously here. Or
on Wikipedia.
quote any of the substance of my post.
When *you* are not credible, nothing you say is worth reading.
I only responded because
there is much misinformation and misunderstanding about bias on
Wikipedia floating around the net.
And even more accurate criticism. Hell, even Cracked, which is very
far from sympathetic to the conservative political view, recognizes
how broken Wikipedia can be.

http://www.cracked.com/personal-experiences-2344-5-ugly-realities-
wikipedia-i-learned-as-admin.html

https://tinyurl.com/ya7dxppr

When you claim to have an impartial web site devoted to cold, hard
facts, but provoke the creation of other web sites devoted to your
destruction, like Wikipediocracy, you're doing something *wrong*.

Unless, of course, you real goal is propaganda, or just con
atristry, in which case, you're doing it right.

The Starmaker
2018-07-30 18:07:31 UTC
Post by mimus99
Post by The Starmaker
Promotional Package
Cost: $699.00
Claiming your place on Wikipedia!
Creating Content
Inserting Guidelines
Content Formatting
Integrating Sources
Working with industry experts
Experiencing quick responses and fast turnarounds
Utilizing resources more productively
Unlimited Revisions
100% Ownership Rights
100% Money Back Guarantee
they charging to place misinformation now?
You should read my post on the Flonk about "How I Tried Four Times to Edit
https://groups.google.com/forum/message/raw?msg=alt.alien.vampire.flonk.flonk.flonk/LL5PT1fwRaE/OwfDjwr0XVcJ
--
Bureaucracy Is All.
the secret to getting to edit Wiki is to insert misinformation... accurate, correct and true information is not allowed in Wiki.

I'll give you an example of inaccurate, incorrect and untrue information posted on Wiki:

Here is a patent of Albert Einstein REFRIDERATION process

Here you see on WIKI somebody inserted at the bottom using old time fontss Calligraphy "Einstei's refrigerator"

Einstein clearly wrote REFRIDERATION, not refriderator as 'they' want you to think. It's fraud and misinformation.

All Einstein's patent is for a cooling system for atomic bomb reactors: