A Game of Thrones Spoiler Thoughts and Question
i***@gmail.com
2016-06-27 02:18:13 UTC

Vindication.
Peter Trei
2016-06-27 12:51:33 UTC
On Sunday, June 26, 2016 at 10:18:17 PM UTC-4, ***@gmail.com wrote:
> > 4. Jon Snow's parent. It is wholely consistent that Jon Snow is the
> > offspring of Rhaegar Targaryen and Lyanna Stark. Ned probably
> > keep this a secret because Rober Baratheon is obsess with killing
> > off all Targaryen, especially any offspring of Rhaegar.
>
> Vindication.

OK, this is one case where resurrecting a 19 year old thread is justified.

Well called!

pt
g***@gmail.com
2017-08-30 22:15:49 UTC

Whoa! I came here in 2017 via a link posted on Vox. Internet is awesome!
r***@yahoo.de
2017-09-07 23:37:43 UTC
20 Years later ur theory come true^^
m***@web.de
2017-09-07 23:52:46 UTC
20 Years later ur Theory come true :o
m***@web.de
2017-09-08 00:01:22 UTC
20 Years later ur Theory comes true :0
j***@gmail.com
2017-09-18 23:39:11 UTC

Good call Rodrick!
r***@gmail.com
2018-03-01 02:15:12 UTC

Cryptoengineer
2018-03-01 02:44:56 UTC
***@gmail.com wrote in

> On Thursday, September 18, 1997 at 3:00:00 AM UTC-4, Rodrick Su wrote:
>> First Some Spoiler Spaces
>>

>> Nice!!!!

[.....]

It's not that uncommon for people who don't pay attention to reply
to long-dead threads.

Its not even unknown for them to reply to threads over 20 years old.

But it is unusual for them not to make any new comment at all, or to
respond to a thread post the content of which makes it obvious it's long
been overtaken by events.

2018-03-01 14:23:57 UTC
Cryptoengineer <***@gmail.com> writes:
>***@gmail.com wrote in
>
>> On Thursday, September 18, 1997 at 3:00:00 AM UTC-4, Rodrick Su wrote:
>>> First Some Spoiler Spaces
>>>

>>> Nice!!!!
>>>
>[.....]
>
>It's not that uncommon for people who don't pay attention to reply
>to long-dead threads.
>
>Its not even unknown for them to reply to threads over 20 years old.
>
>But it is unusual for them not to make any new comment at all, or to
>respond to a thread post the content of which makes it obvious it's long
>been overtaken by events.

I suspect the poster was pointing out Rodrick Su's correct guesses
twenty years before season 7.
The Zygon
2018-03-12 02:17:30 UTC

Am I wrong that this series stopped at the height of its popularity with so many lose ends open? Why? Or am I wrong?
h***@gmail.com
2018-03-12 02:44:09 UTC

It hasn't stopped. It's just a long time between books
The Zygon
2018-03-12 06:14:18 UTC

Thanks. I was a bit confused about that. It did not seem clear if they had ended the series or just the season.
h***@gmail.com
2018-03-12 13:53:51 UTC
On Monday, March 12, 2018 at 5:14:20 PM UTC+11, The Zygon wrote:
> On Sunday, March 11, 2018 at 10:44:12 PM UTC-4, ***@gmail.com wrote:

> > > Am I wrong that this series stopped at the height of its popularity with so many lose ends open? Why? Or am I wrong?
> >
> > It hasn't stopped. It's just a long time between books
>
> Thanks. I was a bit confused about that. It did not seem clear if they had ended the series or just the season.

I believe it's been confirmed that the next season of the TV show isn't airing until 2019
Wikipedia lists season 8 as Airing in 2019
Dimensional Traveler
2018-03-12 14:51:50 UTC
On 3/11/2018 11:14 PM, The Zygon wrote:
> On Sunday, March 11, 2018 at 10:44:12 PM UTC-4, ***@gmail.com wrote:

>>> Am I wrong that this series stopped at the height of its popularity with so many lose ends open? Why? Or am I wrong?
>>
>> It hasn't stopped. It's just a long time between books
>
> Thanks. I was a bit confused about that. It did not seem clear if they had ended the series or just the season.

Considering that this thread is a zombie thread from 1997, it is about
the books.

The Last Doctor
2018-03-12 16:29:54 UTC
Dimensional Traveler <***@sonic.net> wrote:
> On 3/11/2018 11:14 PM, The Zygon wrote:

>>> It hasn't stopped. It's just a long time between books
>>
>> Thanks. I was a bit confused about that. It did not seem clear if
>> they had ended the series or just the season.
>>
> Considering that this thread is a zombie thread from 1997, it is about
> the books.

Just the first book in fact, I think? A Clash of Kings was late 98.

--
There are some corners of the universe which have bred the most terrible
things. Things which act against everything we believe in. They must be
fought.
Ted Nolan <tednolan>
2018-03-12 16:36:19 UTC
In article <p869u2$1crh$***@gioia.aioe.org>,
The Last Doctor <***@xenocyte.com> wrote:
>Dimensional Traveler <***@sonic.net> wrote:

>>> Thanks. I was a bit confused about that. It did not seem clear if
>>> they had ended the series or just the season.
>>>
>> Considering that this thread is a zombie thread from 1997, it is about
>> the books.
>>

>Just the first book in fact, I think? A Clash of Kings was late 98.

Wow, I did not realize we are 20 years into GOT!
2018-03-14 05:34:12 UTC
On 2018-03-12, ***@gmail.com <***@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Monday, March 12, 2018 at 1:17:33 PM UTC+11, The Zygon wrote:
>> Am I wrong that this series stopped at the height of its popularity with so
>> many lose ends open? Why? Or am I wrong?
>
> It hasn't stopped. It's just a long time between books

Which segues neatly into a planned post of mine on Series On Hiatus That Have
Recently Updated:

First off, a few weeks ago the last book in Michelle Sagara's YA Queen of the
Dead trilogy finally appeared, Grave. Thinga get wrapped up, questions get
answered, etc.

Secondly, Janny Wurts' book 10 in her Mistwraith/Desh'thiere series just
dropped this weekend in hardback, Destiny's Conflict, and it says there will
be one more in the current subtrilogy. I had actually forgotten how much I
love reading her prose; it _exercises_ so much of my English vocabulary, in
contrast to most other authors. (Some could write about as well in Basic
English.) And not really in Donaldson's way where you read with a tab open to
dictionary.com; rather, you can figure an unfamiliar adjective out from context
and move on, though I can see how those who haven't encountered as many words
might get worn out from contexting every paragraph or two. Epic Joe-Bob the
Fellowship disincarnate Mage signs two spectral thumbs up!

Getting more specialized, I recently found out that the long-awaited sequel to
the immense superpeople webfiction Worm has started up, Ward. The first was/is
at parahumans.wordpress.com, while Wildbow has put the new one up at a new
site, www.parahumans.net , instead. It's been going since November, in the same
chapter-at-a-time episodic fashion, almost like a throwback to Dickens'
magazine publications, but with comments enabled (and Wildbow moderates them,
so they are quite readable and interesting swamps of iniquity and despair).

And even more specialized, one particular Worm fanfiction that was silent (hah,
I make joek) for a few years is going again, Silencio - instead of powers of
insect-control, Taylor triggers with powers of shaping and using invisible
objects. ... that's right, she's a Super Mime. The story's shipping chart has
to be experienced to be believed.

So who-all else has recently received a pleasant literary surprise from what
they thought were cooling ashes?

Dave
2018-03-14 14:18:30 UTC
David DeLaney <***@earthlink.net> writes:
>On 2018-03-12, ***@gmail.com <***@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Monday, March 12, 2018 at 1:17:33 PM UTC+11, The Zygon wrote:
>>> Am I wrong that this series stopped at the height of its popularity with so
>>> many lose ends open? Why? Or am I wrong?
>>
>> It hasn't stopped. It's just a long time between books
>
>Which segues neatly into a planned post of mine on Series On Hiatus That Have
>Recently Updated:
>
>First off, a few weeks ago the last book in Michelle Sagara's YA Queen of the
>Dead trilogy finally appeared, Grave. Thinga get wrapped up, questions get
>answered, etc.

And the last book in her House War series _War_ has been turned into
the editor.

The next book in the Wilks _Lupus_ series has recently debuted.

The next book in Campbell's follow-on series to the Pillars of Reality
series has recently been published.