A Game of Thrones Spoiler Thoughts and Question
i***@gmail.com
2016-06-27 02:18:13 UTC
4. Jon Snow's parent. It is wholely consistent that Jon Snow is the
offspring of Rhaegar Targaryen and Lyanna Stark. Ned probably
keep this a secret because Rober Baratheon is obsess with killing
off all Targaryen, especially any offspring of Rhaegar.
Vindication.
Peter Trei
2016-06-27 12:51:33 UTC
Post by i***@gmail.com
4. Jon Snow's parent. It is wholely consistent that Jon Snow is the
offspring of Rhaegar Targaryen and Lyanna Stark. Ned probably
keep this a secret because Rober Baratheon is obsess with killing
off all Targaryen, especially any offspring of Rhaegar.
Vindication.
OK, this is one case where resurrecting a 19 year old thread is justified.

Well called!

pt
g***@gmail.com
2017-08-30 22:15:49 UTC
First Some Spoiler Spaces
A couple of questions on this book that left lots of threads hanging...
1. At one point Ned Stark's daughter Arya was lost in the maze below
the Red Keep in King's Landing, where she overheard, but not
understanding 2 men involved in a conspiracy. One of the men is
quite easily identified as Varys, the Spider, who made the statement
that the King's brother Stannis is safely beyond his reach in Stannis'
own powerbase of Dragonstone. The conspiracy apparently involved
getting Daenery or her brother with troops into the Seven Kingdoms
as soon as possible. My question is, who is the person Varys was
talking to? He cannot be any of the Lannisters since Varys mention
their plans as to how that matches up with his own plan. He cannot
be Littlefinger, since Varys also mention him in third person tense.
2. The line of sucession is now really screw up. Robert Baratheon died
without leaving any legimate heir, with the exception of many bastards
he sired. His so call legimate heir were product of Lannisters. By
law, his next heir should be his brother Stannis, who is busy building
up an army, since he is next on Lannister's hit list. Renly proclaim
himself to be king in the south, and appears to have the support of
his own powerbase of Storm's End and House Tyrell (Whose daughter
he married) and Martell. And in the North, Robb Stark has been
crowned as King of North.
3. Daenery's Dragon. It is my impression that only those of Targaryen
blood can command the Dragons. There are 2 such confirm persons in
the novel, Daenery and Aemon. Which leads me to the last question...
4. Jon Snow's parent. It is wholely consistent that Jon Snow is the
offspring of Rhaegar Targaryen and Lyanna Stark. Ned probably
keep this a secret because Rober Baratheon is obsess with killing
off all Targaryen, especially any offspring of Rhaegar.
5. If Jon Snow is a Targaryen, then by tradition, he is the most likely
mate to Daenery, being that she is his aunt...
--
[ Rodrick Su [ If at first you don't succeed, well, so much for ]
[ [ skydiving. [ ``Games of the Hangman'']
Whoa! I came here in 2017 via a link posted on Vox. Internet is awesome!
r***@yahoo.de
2017-09-07 23:37:43 UTC
20 Years later ur theory come true^^
m***@web.de
2017-09-07 23:52:46 UTC
20 Years later ur Theory come true :o
m***@web.de
2017-09-08 00:01:22 UTC
20 Years later ur Theory comes true :0
j***@gmail.com
Good call Rodrick!
r***@gmail.com
Cryptoengineer
2018-03-01 02:44:56 UTC
First Some Spoiler Spaces
Nice!!!!
[.....]

It's not that uncommon for people who don't pay attention to reply
to long-dead threads.

Its not even unknown for them to reply to threads over 20 years old.

But it is unusual for them not to make any new comment at all, or to
respond to a thread post the content of which makes it obvious it's long
been overtaken by events.

2018-03-01 14:23:57 UTC
Post by Cryptoengineer
First Some Spoiler Spaces
Nice!!!!
[.....]
It's not that uncommon for people who don't pay attention to reply
to long-dead threads.
Its not even unknown for them to reply to threads over 20 years old.
But it is unusual for them not to make any new comment at all, or to
respond to a thread post the content of which makes it obvious it's long
been overtaken by events.
I suspect the poster was pointing out Rodrick Su's correct guesses
twenty years before season 7.
The Zygon
Am I wrong that this series stopped at the height of its popularity with so many lose ends open? Why? Or am I wrong?
h***@gmail.com
2018-03-12 02:44:09 UTC
Post by The Zygon
First Some Spoiler Spaces
Am I wrong that this series stopped at the height of its popularity with so many lose ends open? Why? Or am I wrong?
It hasn't stopped. It's just a long time between books
The Zygon
2018-03-12 06:14:18 UTC
Post by h***@gmail.com
First Some Spoiler Spaces
Thanks. I was a bit confused about that. It did not seem clear if they had ended the series or just the season.
h***@gmail.com
2018-03-12 13:53:51 UTC
Post by The Zygon
Post by h***@gmail.com
Post by The Zygon
First Some Spoiler Spaces
Am I wrong that this series stopped at the height of its popularity with so many lose ends open? Why? Or am I wrong?
It hasn't stopped. It's just a long time between books
Thanks. I was a bit confused about that. It did not seem clear if they had ended the series or just the season.
I believe it's been confirmed that the next season of the TV show isn't airing until 2019
Wikipedia lists season 8 as Airing in 2019
Dimensional Traveler
2018-03-12 14:51:50 UTC
Post by The Zygon
Post by h***@gmail.com
Post by The Zygon
First Some Spoiler Spaces
Am I wrong that this series stopped at the height of its popularity with so many lose ends open? Why? Or am I wrong?
It hasn't stopped. It's just a long time between books
Thanks. I was a bit confused about that. It did not seem clear if they had ended the series or just the season.
Considering that this thread is a zombie thread from 1997, it is about
the books.
The Last Doctor
2018-03-12 16:29:54 UTC
Post by The Zygon
Post by h***@gmail.com
Post by The Zygon
First Some Spoiler Spaces
Am I wrong that this series stopped at the height of its popularity
with so many lose ends open? Why? Or am I wrong?
It hasn't stopped. It's just a long time between books
Thanks. I was a bit confused about that. It did not seem clear if
they had ended the series or just the season.
Considering that this thread is a zombie thread from 1997, it is about
the books.
Just the first book in fact, I think? A Clash of Kings was late 98.
--
There are some corners of the universe which have bred the most terrible
things. Things which act against everything we believe in. They must be
fought.
Ted Nolan <tednolan>
2018-03-12 16:36:19 UTC
Post by The Last Doctor
Post by Dimensional Traveler
Post by The Zygon
Post by h***@gmail.com
Post by The Zygon
First Some Spoiler Spaces
Am I wrong that this series stopped at the height of its popularity
with so many lose ends open? Why? Or am I wrong?
It hasn't stopped. It's just a long time between books
Thanks. I was a bit confused about that. It did not seem clear if
they had ended the series or just the season.
Considering that this thread is a zombie thread from 1997, it is about
the books.
Just the first book in fact, I think? A Clash of Kings was late 98.
Wow, I did not realize we are 20 years into GOT!
2018-03-14 05:34:12 UTC
Post by h***@gmail.com
Post by The Zygon
Am I wrong that this series stopped at the height of its popularity with so
many lose ends open? Why? Or am I wrong?
It hasn't stopped. It's just a long time between books
Which segues neatly into a planned post of mine on Series On Hiatus That Have
Recently Updated:

First off, a few weeks ago the last book in Michelle Sagara's YA Queen of the
Dead trilogy finally appeared, Grave. Thinga get wrapped up, questions get
answered, etc.

Secondly, Janny Wurts' book 10 in her Mistwraith/Desh'thiere series just
dropped this weekend in hardback, Destiny's Conflict, and it says there will
be one more in the current subtrilogy. I had actually forgotten how much I
love reading her prose; it _exercises_ so much of my English vocabulary, in
contrast to most other authors. (Some could write about as well in Basic
English.) And not really in Donaldson's way where you read with a tab open to
dictionary.com; rather, you can figure an unfamiliar adjective out from context
and move on, though I can see how those who haven't encountered as many words
might get worn out from contexting every paragraph or two. Epic Joe-Bob the
Fellowship disincarnate Mage signs two spectral thumbs up!

Getting more specialized, I recently found out that the long-awaited sequel to
the immense superpeople webfiction Worm has started up, Ward. The first was/is
at parahumans.wordpress.com, while Wildbow has put the new one up at a new
site, www.parahumans.net , instead. It's been going since November, in the same
chapter-at-a-time episodic fashion, almost like a throwback to Dickens'
magazine publications, but with comments enabled (and Wildbow moderates them,
so they are quite readable and interesting swamps of iniquity and despair).

And even more specialized, one particular Worm fanfiction that was silent (hah,
I make joek) for a few years is going again, Silencio - instead of powers of
insect-control, Taylor triggers with powers of shaping and using invisible
objects. ... that's right, she's a Super Mime. The story's shipping chart has
to be experienced to be believed.

So who-all else has recently received a pleasant literary surprise from what
they thought were cooling ashes?

Dave
2018-03-14 14:18:30 UTC
Post by David DeLaney
Post by h***@gmail.com
Post by The Zygon
Am I wrong that this series stopped at the height of its popularity with so
many lose ends open? Why? Or am I wrong?
It hasn't stopped. It's just a long time between books
Which segues neatly into a planned post of mine on Series On Hiatus That Have
First off, a few weeks ago the last book in Michelle Sagara's YA Queen of the
Dead trilogy finally appeared, Grave. Thinga get wrapped up, questions get
answered, etc.
And the last book in her House War series _War_ has been turned into
the editor.

The next book in the Wilks _Lupus_ series has recently debuted.

The next book in Campbell's follow-on series to the Pillars of Reality
series has recently been published.