[tor dot com] Irontown Blues by John Varley
2018-09-10 17:10:31 UTC
Irontown Blues by John Varley

https://www.tor.com/2018/09/10/john-varleys-returns-to-eight-worlds-irontown-blues/
Michael F. Stemper
2018-09-10 22:36:17 UTC
Irontown Blues by John Varley
https://www.tor.com/2018/09/10/john-varleys-returns-to-eight-worlds-irontown-blues/
I can't believe that I've read _Steel Beach_ half a dozen times without
noticing a reference to Valentine Michael Smith!

My gosh, I'll have to read it again. And _The Golden Globe_. After I
pick up a copy of _Irontown Blues_.

BTW, is "Good-Bye, Robinson Crusoe" incorporated in _Steel Beach_?
--
Michael F. Stemper
Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.
Lee Gleason
2018-09-11 23:17:40 UTC
Post by Michael F. Stemper
I can't believe that I've read _Steel Beach_ half a dozen times without
noticing a reference to Valentine Michael Smith!
There's a reference in it that may very well point to Hazel Meade Stone as
well.
.
Dan Tilque
2018-09-14 18:44:15 UTC
Post by Lee Gleason
Post by Michael F. Stemper
I can't believe that I've read _Steel Beach_ half a dozen times without
noticing a reference to Valentine Michael Smith!
There's a reference in it that may very well point to Hazel Meade Stone
as well.
.
There's a very large fraction of characters in _Steel Beach_ who share
names with important Heinlein characters. This was not an accident.
Dan Tilque
Jerry Brown
2018-09-14 20:07:16 UTC
Post by Dan Tilque
Post by Lee Gleason
Post by Michael F. Stemper
I can't believe that I've read _Steel Beach_ half a dozen times without
noticing a reference to Valentine Michael Smith!
There's a reference in it that may very well point to Hazel Meade Stone
as well.
.
There's a very large fraction of characters in _Steel Beach_ who share
names with important Heinlein characters. This was not an accident.
Wasn't there a Church of Heinlein in there as well?
--
Jerry Brown

A cat may look at a king
(but probably won't bother)