There Is Only One Universe
Add Reply
The Starmaker
2018-06-23 18:45:18 UTC
Count it...1

only One universe

0NE

if you disagree...you should give up physics and math.

Go lay carpet for a living...

Science isn't math.
Robert Carnegie
2018-06-23 18:54:43 UTC
Nominative determinism.
c***@optonline.net
2018-06-23 18:57:48 UTC
So very VERY true !

Universe by definition is everything.

Infinite in all dimensions, including time. No boundaries, no
beginning, and no end.
benj
2018-06-23 20:30:44 UTC
Post by c***@optonline.net
So very VERY true !
Universe by definition is everything.
Infinite in all dimensions, including time. No boundaries, no
beginning, and no end.
Since the universe by definition is "everything" it follows that the
universe includes that portion that is "nothing". Hence one cannot say
that universe is not bounded since it includes that portion of "nothing"
out beyond the bounded "something"! Right?

Perhaps Odd can straighten you and faker out on this issue.
The Starmaker
2018-06-23 21:05:12 UTC
Post by benj
Post by c***@optonline.net
So very VERY true !
Universe by definition is everything.
Infinite in all dimensions, including time. No boundaries, no
beginning, and no end.
Since the universe by definition is "everything" it follows that the
universe includes that portion that is "nothing". Hence one cannot say
that universe is not bounded since it includes that portion of "nothing"
out beyond the bounded "something"! Right?
Perhaps Odd can straighten you and faker out on this issue.
The nothing that is outside the universe is not part of the universe. It is just nothing that's all.
wat is there where there is nothing?
Chris M. Thomasson
2018-06-23 21:22:33 UTC
Post by The Starmaker
Post by benj
Post by c***@optonline.net
So very VERY true !
Universe by definition is everything.
Infinite in all dimensions, including time. No boundaries, no
beginning, and no end.
Since the universe by definition is "everything" it follows that the
universe includes that portion that is "nothing". Hence one cannot say
that universe is not bounded since it includes that portion of "nothing"
out beyond the bounded "something"! Right?
Perhaps Odd can straighten you and faker out on this issue.
The nothing that is outside the universe is not part of the universe. It is just nothing that's all.
wat is there where there is nothing?
Imvvvho, there was never nothing for the universe was always there. We
can only observe so much.
The Starmaker
2018-06-23 21:09:28 UTC
Post by benj
Post by c***@optonline.net
So very VERY true !
Universe by definition is everything.
Infinite in all dimensions, including time. No boundaries, no
beginning, and no end.
Since the universe by definition is "everything" it follows that the
universe includes that portion that is "nothing". Hence one cannot say
that universe is not bounded since it includes that portion of "nothing"
out beyond the bounded "something"! Right?
Perhaps Odd can straighten you and faker out on this issue.
albert einstein died tryin to find numbers that lead to nowhere...

he shouda stuck to physics...or building atomic bombs,

at least we can see the result of the fruits of his labor.
benj
2018-06-23 21:24:59 UTC
Post by The Starmaker
Post by benj
Post by c***@optonline.net
So very VERY true !
Universe by definition is everything.
Infinite in all dimensions, including time. No boundaries, no
beginning, and no end.
Since the universe by definition is "everything" it follows that the
universe includes that portion that is "nothing". Hence one cannot say
that universe is not bounded since it includes that portion of "nothing"
out beyond the bounded "something"! Right?
Perhaps Odd can straighten you and faker out on this issue.
albert einstein died tryin to find numbers that lead to nowhere...
he shouda stuck to physics...or building atomic bombs,
at least we can see the result of the fruits of his labor.
It's pretty simple science Faker, "nowhere" is found if you follow
"somewhere" until it ends...
c***@optonline.net
2018-06-23 21:59:05 UTC
Post by benj
Since the universe by definition is "everything" it follows that the
universe includes that portion that is "nothing". Hence one cannot say
that universe is not bounded since it includes that portion of "nothing"
out beyond the bounded "something"! Right?
The universe by definition includes everything, and that includes your
" ... portion that is "nothing" ". So that is also part of the
universe.

There can't be any boundary, since one could go to said boundary, and
simply point to the other side. Same thing for time. Go to said
beginning and ask what was yesterday ? or said end and wait another
day !
benj
2018-06-23 20:26:43 UTC
Post by The Starmaker
Count it...1
only One universe
0NE
if you disagree...you should give up physics and math.
Go lay carpet for a living...
Of go do whatever Starfaker does in his day job (probably flip burgers).
It SURE is NOT either science or math!
Post by The Starmaker
Science isn't math.
Math is certainly a science: "Science means in the context of a general
dictionary definition "any body of knowledge organized in a systematic
way", or a defined branch of knowledge , study or learning."

And of course even though mathematics is pure fantasy, it is still the
language generally used to describe phenomena in the natural sciences.
Faker, how about you learn the difference between sciences in general
and natural sciences.

Obviously Faker, you are still an idiot. Go flip come burgers.
The Starmaker
2018-06-23 21:05:39 UTC
Post by The Starmaker
Count it...1
only One universe
0NE
if you disagree...you should give up physics and math.
Go lay carpet for a living...
Science isn't math.
There is only one universe and when you leave that you are nowhere.
where is nowhere?
Chris M. Thomasson
2018-06-23 21:20:20 UTC
Post by The Starmaker
Count it...1
only One universe
Okay. Let say that is true. I really do not know for sure anyway.

What about a shape like the Koch curve that is basically finite in size
to the eye, yet has an infinite border structure such that it cannot be
measured unless we totally halt iteration.

What about the Mandelbrot set, one main "largest" shape, with an
infinite border. Afaict, the border of a fractal is kind of like an
event horizon.
Science isn't math.
benj
2018-06-23 21:29:19 UTC
Post by Chris M. Thomasson
Post by The Starmaker
Count it...1
only One universe
Okay. Let say that is true. I really do not know for sure anyway.
What about a shape like the Koch curve that is basically finite in size
to the eye, yet has an infinite border structure such that it cannot be
measured unless we totally halt iteration.
What about the Mandelbrot set, one main "largest" shape, with an
infinite border. Afaict, the border of a fractal is kind of like an
event horizon.
Yep. Take the Koch geometric figure which has an infinite perimeter
which seems to say it is infinite in size, but clearly one can draw a
line around that figure that is finite in length!

You following this Faker? Or are you still an idiot?
Chris M. Thomasson
2018-06-23 21:42:21 UTC
Post by benj
Post by Chris M. Thomasson
Post by The Starmaker
Count it...1
only One universe
Okay. Let say that is true. I really do not know for sure anyway.
What about a shape like the Koch curve that is basically finite in
size to the eye, yet has an infinite border structure such that it
cannot be measured unless we totally halt iteration.
What about the Mandelbrot set, one main "largest" shape, with an
infinite border. Afaict, the border of a fractal is kind of like an
event horizon.
Yep. Take the Koch geometric figure which has an infinite perimeter
which seems to say it is infinite in size, but clearly one can draw a
line around that figure that is finite in length!
We can only draw the 100% complete Koch curve at a given iteration
level. If we take the iterations as never stopping, as if running in
another thread of execution, well, we would have a hard, basically
impossible time, drawing it. As soon as one plotted a portion, the
iteration would come around an make the plot instantly out of date!
Not exactly sure what you mean. I just responded to a post. So what?
The Starmaker
2018-06-23 23:46:14 UTC
Post by Chris M. Thomasson
Post by benj
Post by Chris M. Thomasson
Post by The Starmaker
[...]
Oh, the Koch curve...

I know that actual name for it but it slip my mind...correct me if I'm wrong...

It is a dimension in the middle of one and two.
It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between 1 and 2, dimension 1 1/2 .
Between a line and a surface. This is the dimension of fractional.
It is an area which we call the...The Koch Curve.

DEE-DEE dee-dee DEE-DEE dee-dee . . .
The Starmaker
2018-06-24 08:30:43 UTC
Post by The Starmaker
Post by Chris M. Thomasson
Post by benj
Post by Chris M. Thomasson
Post by The Starmaker
[...]
I mean...are you people serious??? I write There Is Only One Universe

and yous come with some 'Koch curve' kook that believes there is a ...one and a half dimensional universe????

Is this a joke? Is there a guy behind the curtain laughing?

Should I go get the witches broom?
Chris M. Thomasson