RIP The Straight Dope by Cecil Adams
Add Reply
Joseph Nebus
2018-06-29 00:48:54 UTC
Not precisely on-topic but I imagine there's a fair number of
people who grew up as eager snarky know-it-alls and one of the great
eager snarky know-it-alls is finished.

https://www.straightdope.com/a-note-from-cecil-adams-about-the-straight-dope/
--
Joseph Nebus
Math: Reading the Comics: Friday the 13th Edition? https://wp.me/p1RYhY-1nL
--------------------------------------------------------+---------------------
Robert Carnegie
2018-06-29 20:50:35 UTC
Post by Joseph Nebus
Not precisely on-topic but I imagine there's a fair number of
people who grew up as eager snarky know-it-alls and one of the great
eager snarky know-it-alls is finished.
https://www.straightdope.com/a-note-from-cecil-adams-about-the-straight-dope/
I very much hope that I understand correctly that
Cecil Adams is (1) a real person and (2) not dead.
Dan Tilque
2018-06-30 00:59:57 UTC
Post by Joseph Nebus
Not precisely on-topic but I imagine there's a fair number of
people who grew up as eager snarky know-it-alls and one of the great
eager snarky know-it-alls is finished.
https://www.straightdope.com/a-note-from-cecil-adams-about-the-straight-dope/
I very much hope that I understand correctly that
Cecil Adams is (1) a real person and (2) not dead.
Cecil Adams is a pen name that was shared by three people in succession.
The first two only wrote that column for a couple years each (I forget
their names off the top of my head). The last one was Ed Zotti, who
wrote the column for 40 years or so. Supposedly, the message board
associated with it is going to continue, but Ed will no longer be its
admin. Because of that, some think the board may not last. We'll see.
--
Dan Tilque