Possibly my favorite Basic Instructions doesn't involve Rocket Hat
2017-06-30 05:42:51 UTC
or SF at all other than the fact Meyer has written some decent SF books.

Now up in the reruns:

http://www.basicinstructions.net/basic-instructions/2017/6/29/how-to-figure-out-what-someone-said

Somehow this one always makes me laugh
2017-06-30 10:00:29 UTC
or SF at all other than the fact Meyer has written some decent SF books.
http://www.basicinstructions.net/basic-instructions/2017/6/29/how-to-figure-out-what-someone-said
Somehow this one always makes me laugh
The advice is not great. If you don't understand
the words, it's better for the speaker to use
different words. ...Most times.

The guy on the right is a technology worker,
and the other guy is his (fictionalised?) boss;
the service discussed appears to be outside
the job description. It's a Dilbert situation,
but in Dilbert cartoons there's an office
secretary who is a slightly more appropriate
person for booking the boss into outside
activities. ...I hope it's an outside activity.

Having said that... where I work, we get an
e-mail that offers New-Agey therapies, possibly
in the workplace. The thing is we're open plan...
Carl Fink
2017-06-30 12:52:22 UTC
The guy on the right is a technology worker,
and the other guy is his (fictionalised?) boss;
No, the guy on the right is an office manager.

It's well established that his boss has neither boundaries nor decency.
--
Carl Fink ***@nitpicking.com

Stupid mistakes you can correct!
David Johnston
2017-06-30 13:46:43 UTC
or SF at all other than the fact Meyer has written some decent SF books.
http://www.basicinstructions.net/basic-instructions/2017/6/29/how-to-figure-out-what-someone-said
Somehow this one always makes me laugh
The advice is not great.
It's not supposed to be. It is after all just a setup for the joke.