Girl Genius - 2018 July 4th Reveal
2018-07-04 16:56:44 UTC
Tarvek just can't resist showing off what he knows. Of course, this has
been hinted at since at least the page 52 of volume 8
(<http://www.girlgeniusonline.com/comic.php?date=20080606>) where an
apparently uninjured* Higgs is sitting in a Jaegermonster's bar as if he
belonged there.

*in the 5 page sequence starting with page 16 of volume 7
(<http://www.girlgeniusonline.com/comic.php?date=20070402>), he is
described as having broken arms, a broken leg, and other injuries (in
continuity, this was, at most, a week earlier)
‹-----------------------------------------------------
2018-07-04 21:15:48 UTC
Post by Robert Woodward
Tarvek just can't resist showing off what he knows. Of course, this has
been hinted at since at least the page 52 of volume 8
(<http://www.girlgeniusonline.com/comic.php?date=20080606>) where an
apparently uninjured* Higgs is sitting in a Jaegermonster's bar as if he
belonged there.
*in the 5 page sequence starting with page 16 of volume 7
(<http://www.girlgeniusonline.com/comic.php?date=20070402>), he is
described as having broken arms, a broken leg, and other injuries (in
continuity, this was, at most, a week earlier)
Well, we always knew he was tough. Some speculated that he was a
Jaeger who'd turned out exceptionally well. All we've learned at
the moment is his rank.

Which doesn't surprise me, really.
2018-07-05 03:24:27 UTC
Well, we always knew he was tough. Some speculated that he was a
Jaeger who'd turned out exceptionally well. All we've learned at
the moment is his rank.
Which doesn't surprise me, really.
It doesn't surprise me that if he's a Jager, he's a General. But despite this
being a fan-favorite theory, it did surprise me that he was a Jager.

2018-07-05 04:13:41 UTC
Well, we always knew he was tough. Some speculated that he was a
Jaeger who'd turned out exceptionally well. All we've learned at
the moment is his rank.
Which doesn't surprise me, really.
It doesn't surprise me that if he's a Jager, he's a General. But despite this
being a fan-favorite theory, it did surprise me that he was a Jager.
Note that this is a character saying it, it's not conclusive proof that it's right.
(I suspect it is)
Dimensional Traveler
2018-07-05 04:47:42 UTC
Post by h***@gmail.com
Well, we always knew he was tough. Some speculated that he was a
Jaeger who'd turned out exceptionally well. All we've learned at
the moment is his rank.
Which doesn't surprise me, really.
It doesn't surprise me that if he's a Jager, he's a General. But despite this
being a fan-favorite theory, it did surprise me that he was a Jager.
Note that this is a character saying it, it's not conclusive proof that it's right.
(I suspect it is)
Until it isn't. (Mad Science can be that way.)
2018-07-05 16:47:53 UTC
Post by h***@gmail.com
Well, we always knew he was tough. Some speculated that he was a
Jaeger who'd turned out exceptionally well. All we've learned at
the moment is his rank.
Which doesn't surprise me, really.
It doesn't surprise me that if he's a Jager, he's a General. But despite this
being a fan-favorite theory, it did surprise me that he was a Jager.
Note that this is a character saying it, it's not conclusive proof that it's right.
(I suspect it is)
I have been keeping an eye on Tarvek's statements. IIRC, everything he
has stated, no matter how odd, about a third party (Gil, to some extent,
is an exception) has been correct (whether he is telling the truth about
his own motives is a different matter).
2018-07-05 04:51:46 UTC
Well, we always knew he was tough. Some speculated that he was a
Jaeger who'd turned out exceptionally well. All we've learned at
the moment is his rank.
Which doesn't surprise me, really.
It doesn't surprise me that if he's a Jager, he's a General. But despite this
being a fan-favorite theory, it did surprise me that he was a Jager.
Well, he's not quite like the rest of the Jaegers. He still
looks entirely human.

On the other hand, remember that The Professor is Oggies
great-grandson. So apparently Jaeger-looks are not an acquired
characterstic that can be inherited.

Or as Damon Knight once put it, "Wha hoppen to dog ven you cut
off his modder's tail? Noddin."
2018-07-05 05:20:32 UTC
On the other hand, remember that The Professor is Oggies
great-grandson. So apparently Jaeger-looks are not an acquired
characterstic that can be inherited.
But Jaeger strength, instead of being an acquired characteristic, is a genetic modification? Or perhaps it's passed on by the prenatal environment...

2018-07-05 14:39:14 UTC
On the other hand, remember that The Professor is Oggies
great-grandson. So apparently Jaeger-looks are not an acquired
characterstic that can be inherited.
But Jaeger strength, instead of being an acquired characteristic, is a
genetic modification? Or perhaps it's passed on by the prenatal
environment...
Considering what I just said, it *isn't* a genetic modification.
The Professor doesn't resemble his great-grandfather at all.
David Goldfarb
2018-07-05 06:11:06 UTC
On the other hand, remember that The Professor is Oggies
great-grandson. So apparently Jaeger-looks are not an acquired
characterstic that can be inherited.
Or else Oggie sired children before taking the Jagerdraught.
--
David Goldfarb |"I'm reconsidering my desire to go to college, as
***@gmail.com | from what I've seen on this group it drives one
Dorothy J Heydt
2018-07-05 14:39:36 UTC
Post by David Goldfarb
Post by Dorothy J Heydt
On the other hand, remember that The Professor is Oggies
great-grandson. So apparently Jaeger-looks are not an acquired
characterstic that can be inherited.
Or else Oggie sired children before taking the Jagerdraught.
That's a possibility, yes.
Leif Roar Moldskred
2018-07-08 20:08:42 UTC
On the other hand, remember that The Professor is Oggies
great-grandson. So apparently Jaeger-looks are not an acquired
characterstic that can be inherited.
I assumed that Oggie become a father _before_ he took the Jaeger
draught, but I'm not sure why I made that assumption.
Leif Roar Moldskred
Robert Carnegie
2018-07-08 21:43:55 UTC
Post by Leif Roar Moldskred
Post by Dorothy J Heydt
On the other hand, remember that The Professor is Oggies
great-grandson. So apparently Jaeger-looks are not an acquired
characterstic that can be inherited.
I assumed that Oggie become a father _before_ he took the Jaeger
draught, but I'm not sure why I made that assumption.
--
Leif Roar Moldskred
I also don't remember what previous discussions I've had,
but an argument outside the story is that with the Jagers
as terrifying warriors generally allowed to do what they
want - when the Heterodynes were evil - we really want them
to be /not/ actually interested in sex. Flirting - yes;
and there's the hospitality at the alarmingly authentic
Jager bar in Mechanicsburg - but it's just playing.