YASID: An interplanetary empire in decline with the sand worlds
2018-06-27 19:45:02 UTC
YASID: An interplanetary empire in decline with the sand worlds ???

Jame's review just reminded me of the trilogy. I would have sworn the
name was _Empire of Sand_ though. I got the trilogy in a single MMPB.

Thanks,
2018-06-27 23:30:05 UTC
Are you thinking of Cherryh's Faded Sun trilogy? A race called the Regul lost a war with humanity snd ceded a sand planet with a dying race on it.
-Jack
Dorothy J Heydt
2018-06-27 23:37:55 UTC
Post by Jack Bohn
Are you thinking of Cherryh's Faded Sun trilogy? A race called the
Regul lost a war with humanity snd ceded a sand planet with a dying race
on it.
And the remaining humans have an interesting tripartite social
structure, based on George Dumesil's theories of Indo-European
social structure. One tribe of priests, one of warriors, one of
farmers. (Except the third tribe, the Kath, wasn't able to farm
on the sand planet so they concentrated on having children.)
Does that ring any bells?
2018-06-28 00:05:54 UTC
Post by Jack Bohn
Are you thinking of Cherryh's Faded Sun trilogy? A race called the Regul lost a war with humanity snd ceded a sand planet with a dying race on it.
Sorry, no.

Thanks,
2018-06-27 23:26:51 UTC
YASID: An interplanetary empire in decline with the sand worlds ???
Jame's review just reminded me of the trilogy. I would have sworn the
name was _Empire of Sand_ though. I got the trilogy in a single MMPB.
Well, there's always _Dune_ et sequelae. But I suspect if it
were that, you'd remember it.
2018-06-28 00:39:47 UTC
YASID: An interplanetary empire in decline with the sand worlds ???
Jame's review just reminded me of the trilogy. I would have sworn the
name was _Empire of Sand_ though. I got the trilogy in a single MMPB.
Well, there's always _Dune_ et sequelae. But I suspect if it
were that, you'd remember it.
True, and true, but you never know.

Were (in either case) these "sand worlds" sandy before
the interplanetary empire got to work on them?
Lynn McGuire
2018-06-28 01:30:43 UTC
YASID: An interplanetary empire in decline with the sand worlds ???
Jame's review just reminded me of the trilogy. I would have sworn the
name was _Empire of Sand_ though. I got the trilogy in a single MMPB.
Well, there's always _Dune_ et sequelae. But I suspect if it
were that, you'd remember it.
Definitely not Dune.

Thanks,