_Darla's Story (Ashfall)_ by Mike Mullin
2017-07-07 17:39:17 UTC
_Darla's Story (Ashfall)_ by Mike Mullin
https://www.amazon.com/Darlas-Story-Ashfall-Mike-Mullin/dp/1543238599/

Book number 0.5 of a 3.5 book apocalyptic fiction YA series. Precursor
novella to the awesome Ashfall series. I read the 78 page POD (print on
demand) trade paperback version.

When the Yellowstone super volcano blew, the explosion sound and ash
fall coated all of the land three feet deep within a radius of 1,000
miles. This is the story of how Darla and her mother survived the first
two weeks until Alex showed up.

My rating: 4 out of 5 stars
Amazon rating: 4.3 out of 5 stars (65 reviews)

Lynn
David Mitchell
2017-07-08 05:56:39 UTC
_Darla's Story (Ashfall)_ by Mike Mullin
https://www.amazon.com/Darlas-Story-Ashfall-Mike-Mullin/dp/1543238599/
Book number 0.5 of a 3.5 book apocalyptic fiction YA series. Precursor novella
to the awesome Ashfall series. I read the 78 page POD (print on demand) trade
paperback version.
When the Yellowstone super volcano blew, the explosion sound and ash fall coated
all of the land three feet deep within a radius of 1,000 miles.
What is it you're trying to say about the sound of the explosion?
Not, surely, that it coated all of the land within a radius of 10000 miles to a
depth of three feet?
Lynn McGuire
2017-07-08 19:59:13 UTC
Post by David Mitchell
Post by Lynn McGuire
_Darla's Story (Ashfall)_ by Mike Mullin
https://www.amazon.com/Darlas-Story-Ashfall-Mike-Mullin/dp/1543238599/
Book number 0.5 of a 3.5 book apocalyptic fiction YA series.
Precursor novella
to the awesome Ashfall series. I read the 78 page POD (print on demand) trade
paperback version.
When the Yellowstone super volcano blew, the explosion sound and ash fall coated
all of the land three feet deep within a radius of 1,000 miles.
What is it you're trying to say about the sound of the explosion?
Not, surely, that it coated all of the land within a radius of 10000
miles to a depth of three feet?
Sorry, I am the master of run-on sentences.

BTW, that was a radius of 1,000 miles.

Lynn
David Mitchell
2017-07-09 06:05:38 UTC
Post by David Mitchell
Post by Lynn McGuire
_Darla's Story (Ashfall)_ by Mike Mullin
https://www.amazon.com/Darlas-Story-Ashfall-Mike-Mullin/dp/1543238599/
Book number 0.5 of a 3.5 book apocalyptic fiction YA series. Precursor novella
to the awesome Ashfall series. I read the 78 page POD (print on demand) trade
paperback version.
When the Yellowstone super volcano blew, the explosion sound and ash fall coated
all of the land three feet deep within a radius of 1,000 miles.
What is it you're trying to say about the sound of the explosion?
Not, surely, that it coated all of the land within a radius of 10000 miles to
a depth of three feet?
Sorry, I am the master of run-on sentences.
But not explanations.
What is it you're trying to say about the sound of the explosion?
Robert Carnegie
2017-07-09 11:32:53 UTC
Post by David Mitchell
Post by Lynn McGuire
Post by David Mitchell
Post by Lynn McGuire
_Darla's Story (Ashfall)_ by Mike Mullin
https://www.amazon.com/Darlas-Story-Ashfall-Mike-Mullin/dp/1543238599/
Book number 0.5 of a 3.5 book apocalyptic fiction YA series. Precursor novella
to the awesome Ashfall series. I read the 78 page POD (print on demand) trade
paperback version.
When the Yellowstone super volcano blew, the explosion sound and ash fall coated
all of the land three feet deep within a radius of 1,000 miles.
What is it you're trying to say about the sound of the explosion?
Not, surely, that it coated all of the land within a radius of 10000 miles to
a depth of three feet?
Sorry, I am the master of run-on sentences.
But not explanations.
What is it you're trying to say about the sound of the explosion?
Delete the words "explosion sound and", and the
distance is one thousand miles - as Lynn claimed.

Does the ash come down powdery, or sticky,
or burny?

Is this what happened in Scott Adams' Elbonia?
Lynn McGuire
2017-07-11 17:31:52 UTC
Post by David Mitchell
Post by Lynn McGuire
Post by David Mitchell
Post by Lynn McGuire
[...]
Flakes of sand. Very abrasive. SiO2 with heavy metals.
https://www.quora.com/What-is-a-chemical-formula-of-ash

"Contains mainly rock fragments (SiO2 or silica and silicates),
minerals, heavy metal traces, entrapped volcanic gases, chlorides,
sulphates and fluorides of alkali metals and alkaline earth metals
(NaCl, CaSO4, K2SO4, MgCl2,…)etc."

2017-07-10 05:29:56 UTC
Post by David Mitchell
Post by Lynn McGuire
Post by David Mitchell
Post by Lynn McGuire
_Darla's Story (Ashfall)_ by Mike Mullin
https://www.amazon.com/Darlas-Story-Ashfall-Mike-Mullin/dp/1543238599/
Book number 0.5 of a 3.5 book apocalyptic fiction YA series.
Precursor novella
to the awesome Ashfall series. I read the 78 page POD (print on demand) trade
paperback version.
When the Yellowstone super volcano blew, the explosion sound and ash fall coated
all of the land three feet deep within a radius of 1,000 miles.
What is it you're trying to say about the sound of the explosion?
Not, surely, that it coated all of the land within a radius of 10000 miles to
a depth of three feet?
Sorry, I am the master of run-on sentences.
But not explanations.
What is it you're trying to say about the sound of the explosion?
Sorry, I misunderstood your question. When the Yellowstone super
volcano blew, the explosion noise carried over 1,000 miles. The ash
from the volcano also coated the land in a 1,000 mile radius by three
ft. That depth of ash was probably an average, I don't remember.

The explosion noise lasted a week ??? I forget. The real problem is
that the volcanic ash coated all of the fields. And then it got cold
due to all of the ash in the upper atmosphere. It got cold for two
years. That is all explained in books 1, 2, and 3. I would read the
series for more info and way better explanations than my pitiful
remembrances.
https://www.amazon.com/Ashfall-Trilogy-Mike-Mullin/dp/1933718749/