YASID, novel, alien spacecraft turns all nature on Earth against humanity
Add Reply
William December Starr
2012-09-25 02:25:00 UTC
My wife and I read a sci-fi paperback some 40 odd years ago of
which we loved and thoroughly enjoyed. Inadvertently it was
lost. We have since contacted a sci-fi expert but to no avail.
Your sci-fi library was suggested as possibly being able to help.
For some reason my wife and I had the same title in mind that
being, 'THE GREEN HILLS OF EARTH'. (but that's by Robert
Heinlein). We got very excited when we found what we though to
be a copy of the book. Our hopes were dashed, IT WAS THE WRONG
STORY! I will outline the story for you,
It all started with some alien war on some far distant planet. An
alien space craft was badly damaged, its occupant mortally
injured. The damaged craft was uncontrollable and careered off
into deep pace, eventually arriving at earth. The space craft
crash lands on someones farm. The farmer investigates, finds the
damaged craft and its occupant. The alien (a hideous creature to
the farmer), reaches out for help, but the farmer misunderstands
the aliens gesture and blasts the alien with his 12 bore shot
gun. In its dying moments the alien triggers a device in its craft
that turns all nature against all of humanity........!
So starts a terrific story of humans trying to survive the wrath
of nature. I hope this info is enough to give you a
guide. Hopefully it may trigger a memory somewhere.
-- wds
lal_truckee
2017-05-04 23:17:11 UTC
So starts a terrific story of humans trying to survive the wrath
of nature.
Except for the alien sub-story, Deathworld by Harry Harrison pretty much
has the same same plot. Maybe you're mis-remembering? 40 years is a long
time
Don Kuenz
2017-05-05 00:02:21 UTC
Post by lal_truckee
So starts a terrific story of humans trying to survive the wrath
of nature.
Except for the alien sub-story, Deathworld by Harry Harrison pretty much
has the same same plot. Maybe you're mis-remembering? 40 years is a long
time
"He's dead, Jim."

William December Starr went net dead a while ago. RIP.

Don Kuenz KB7RPU