Discussion:
Best Recent Songs From Television Cartoons
(too old to reply)
David Johnston
2018-03-01 06:18:20 UTC
Permalink
Raw Message
"Do It For..." Pearl tries to teach Connie the art of the sword and a
bit of her inner crazy peeks out.
https://youtu.be/I_C_Im83HZI?t=126t.

"Battle" The intriguing thing about this spell is how it starts with a
pretence of relative innocence and then gets more sinister as it
corrupts those who hear it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nZiBINQK_kY

"Acadeca" Two rival schools compete fiercely in a catchy song right up
until the anticlimactic moment when the last two competitors wonder why
they're even wasting time on this bullshit.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dVK168-qxTM

"Star's Princess Song". Star gets a minstrel to write a song in her
honour that will truly show her as she really is. Excessive candour is
excessive.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ts5y7bJFPkY

"It's Over Isn't It?" It's hard to explain the bizarre back story
behind this song. Suffice to say Pearl isn't good at letting go of her
attachment to someone she'll never see again and she expresses that in a
classy caberet-type number.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ussqi3nagrQ

"Rooting For The Enemy". Weird Al Yankovic as Milo Murphy sings about
trying weaponize his bad luck by rooting for the side he doesn't want to
win. There's no great depth here, but it's incredibly catchy.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-SQbjOwp_Ew

"Under Our Spell" The Sirens now have the school firmly under their
control and feel free to be quite blatant about it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jw3vWWu2_CM

"Invisible". Wallflower Blush musically explains her reason for lashing
out against a popular girl. This version is fan edited for extra length
since the actual song was cut off as Sunset tried to take advantage of
the song to get her hands on villain's weapon in a rather meta joke.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NJbuD2IEMqY

"The Working Dead". The original horror of the zombie was the idea of
being reduced to a mindless plantation labourer. Sadie Miller updates
it and it still works.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kANQi3NU1pQ

"Ready As I'll Ever Be". Feeling betrayed by Rapunzel (with some
justification) a former friend goes off the deep end and more or less
declares war on the whole kingdom with his abduction of Rapunzel's
mother, the queen. He makes his preparations while singing
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r-PYYaoq0fY

Honorable Mention: "Just Your Problem". The version of the song
actually in the cartoon Adventure Time was deliberately flawed for plot
reasons. But the lyrics are interestingly tsundere and I've hear a lot
of great covers of it. And this is Marceline's voice actress performing
it straight.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ddHa1fCB4Gg
David Johnston
2018-03-01 06:18:50 UTC
Permalink
Raw Message
Damn it, wrong newsgroup.
Peter Trei
2018-03-01 13:40:43 UTC
Permalink
Raw Message
On Thursday, March 1, 2018 at 1:18:52 AM UTC-5, David Johnston wrote:
> Damn it, wrong newsgroup.

Fun anyway. Which would have been the 'correct' one?

pt
David Johnston
2018-03-01 21:03:56 UTC
Permalink
Raw Message
On 2018-03-01 6:40 AM, Peter Trei wrote:
> On Thursday, March 1, 2018 at 1:18:52 AM UTC-5, David Johnston wrote:
>> Damn it, wrong newsgroup.
>
> Fun anyway. Which would have been the 'correct' one?
>
> pt
>

Meant to post to the TV group.
Dorothy J Heydt
2018-03-01 22:02:25 UTC
Permalink
Raw Message
In article <157a5b05-76c8-45d9-8250-***@googlegroups.com>,
Peter Trei <***@gmail.com> wrote:
>On Thursday, March 1, 2018 at 1:18:52 AM UTC-5, David Johnston wrote:
>> Damn it, wrong newsgroup.
>
>Fun anyway. Which would have been the 'correct' one?

rec.arts.movies or rec.movies or whatever it's called? Assuming
that the people there lump cartoons into movies.

--
Dorothy J. Heydt
Vallejo, California
djheydt at gmail dot com
Dimensional Traveler
2018-03-01 23:09:49 UTC
Permalink
Raw Message
On 3/1/2018 2:02 PM, Dorothy J Heydt wrote:
> In article <157a5b05-76c8-45d9-8250-***@googlegroups.com>,
> Peter Trei <***@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Thursday, March 1, 2018 at 1:18:52 AM UTC-5, David Johnston wrote:
>>> Damn it, wrong newsgroup.
>>
>> Fun anyway. Which would have been the 'correct' one?
>
> rec.arts.movies or rec.movies or whatever it's called? Assuming
> that the people there lump cartoons into movies.
>
rec.arts.tv

--
Inquiring minds want to know while minds with a self-preservation
instinct are running screaming.
Kevrob
2018-03-02 01:28:55 UTC
Permalink
Raw Message
On Thursday, March 1, 2018 at 6:09:40 PM UTC-5, Dimensional Traveler wrote:
> On 3/1/2018 2:02 PM, Dorothy J Heydt wrote:
> > In article <157a5b05-76c8-45d9-8250-***@googlegroups.com>,
> > Peter Trei <***@gmail.com> wrote:
> >> On Thursday, March 1, 2018 at 1:18:52 AM UTC-5, David Johnston wrote:
> >>> Damn it, wrong newsgroup.
> >>
> >> Fun anyway. Which would have been the 'correct' one?
> >
> > rec.arts.movies or rec.movies or whatever it's called? Assuming
> > that the people there lump cartoons into movies.
> >
> rec.arts.tv

rec.arts.animation

I always enjoyed the songs on "Phineas & Ferb."

Kevin R
Loading...