Two ISFDB questions
Anthony Nance
2017-03-01 20:02:57 UTC
1) Do the Feb 29 author birthdays only show up on the isfdb front page
every four years?

2) *Are* there any Feb 29 author birthdays?

Love this resource,
Tony
Ahasuerus
2017-03-01 20:30:23 UTC
Post by Anthony Nance
1) Do the Feb 29 author birthdays only show up on the isfdb front page
every four years?
That's right. We are actually in the process of redesigning the front
page at the moment. One of the suggestions is to create a "calendar" page.
Clicking on a day will take you to a list of authors who were born/died on
that day.
Post by Anthony Nance
2) *Are* there any Feb 29 author birthdays?
That's what the Advanced Search page is for! As per
http://www.isfdb.org/cgi-bin/adv_search_results.cgi?USE_1=author_birthdate&OPERATOR_1=ends_with&TERM_1=-02-29&CONJUNCTION_1=AND&USE_2=author_canonical&OPERATOR_2=exact&TERM_2=&CONJUNCTION_2=AND&USE_3=author_canonical&OPERATOR_3=exact&TERM_3=&ORDERBY=author_canonical&START=0&TYPE=Author
there are at least 14 SF people who were born on February 29, including
Tim Powers, Patricia A. McKillip, Sharon Webb and Howard Tayler (the
Schlock Mercenary guy.)
Post by Anthony Nance
Love this resource,
And we love our users! :-)
Anthony Nance
2017-03-02 02:09:37 UTC
Post by Anthony Nance
2) *Are* there any Feb 29 author birthdays?
That's what the Advanced Search page is for! As per
http://www.isfdb.org/cgi-bin/adv_search_results.cgi?USE_1=author_birthdate&OPERATOR_1=ends_with&TERM_1=-02-29&CONJUNCTION_1=AND&USE_2=author_canonical&OPERATOR_2=exact&TERM_2=&CONJUNCTION_2=AND&USE_3=author_canonical&OPERATOR_3=exact&TERM_3=&ORDERBY=author_canonical&START=0&TYPE=Author
there are at least 14 SF people who were born on February 29, including
Tim Powers, Patricia A. McKillip, Sharon Webb and Howard Tayler (the
Schlock Mercenary guy.)
Wow - not only is that at least 13 more than I would have guessed,
but also that's a pretty immpressive trio of names.

Thanks!
Tony