[translation] Sisyphean by Dempow Torishima
2018-03-07 14:49:37 UTC
Sisyphean by Dempow Torishima

https://jamesdavisnicoll.com/review/after-the-garden-is-gone
Carl Fink
2018-03-07 17:20:51 UTC
On 2018-03-07, James Nicoll <***@panix.com> wrote:
> Sisyphean by Dempow Torishima
>
> https://jamesdavisnicoll.com/review/after-the-garden-is-gone

>2018's Sisyphean is a standalone work of SF that hovers between a short
> story collection and a novel. The stories are connected by their
> setting.

No, that's a collection. Sort of by definition.
--
Carl Fink ***@nitpicking.com

Stupid mistakes you can correct!
Kevrob
2018-03-07 18:28:15 UTC
On Wednesday, March 7, 2018 at 12:20:54 PM UTC-5, Carl Fink wrote:
> On 2018-03-07, James Nicoll <***@panix.com> wrote:
> > Sisyphean by Dempow Torishima
> >
> > https://jamesdavisnicoll.com/review/after-the-garden-is-gone
>
> >2018's Sisyphean is a standalone work of SF that hovers between a short
> > story collection and a novel. The stories are connected by their
> > setting.
>
> No, that's a collection. Sort of by definition.

If I had ever started a band, a name I had been keeping in my back
pocket since I first read Camus was "Sisyphus."

It's since been taken.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sisyphus_(hip_hop_group)
Their guitarist, Sufjan Stevens, played on the Oscars broadcast,
during the Video Parade of the Recently Dead.

https://www.avclub.com/watch-sufjan-stevens-and-his-jacket-serenade-the-oscars-1823506015

I was never into prog-rock, where the name would have been perfect.
I don't think it works for hip-hop.

Our slogan would have been:

"Sisyphus!

Gurl whfg xrrc gung ebpx ebyyva'!"

[/rot-13]

2018-03-07 20:11:07 UTC
In article <***@panix5.panix.com>,
Carl Fink <***@finknetwork.com> wrote:
>On 2018-03-07, James Nicoll <***@panix.com> wrote:
>> Sisyphean by Dempow Torishima
>>
>> https://jamesdavisnicoll.com/review/after-the-garden-is-gone
>
>>2018's Sisyphean is a standalone work of SF that hovers between a short
>> story collection and a novel. The stories are connected by their
>> setting.
>
>No, that's a collection. Sort of by definition.

The usual term is "fix-up novel."