[Young People Read Old SFF: Of Mist, and Grass, and Sand by Vonda N. McIntyre
2017-05-08 13:36:55 UTC
Young People Read Old SFF: Of Mist, and Grass, and Sand by Vonda N. McIntyre

http://youngpeoplereadoldsff.com/story/of-mist-and-grass-and-sand
My Livejournal at http://www.livejournal.com/users/james_nicoll
larry
2017-05-09 12:34:08 UTC
Young People Read Old SFF: Of Mist, and Grass, and Sand by Vonda N. McIntyre
http://youngpeoplereadoldsff.com/story/of-mist-and-grass-and-sand
Truly? You have not read any of Fforde's Thursday tales?
--
After investigation, believe that which you have yourselves
tested and found reasonable, and which is for your good
Gautama.
James Nicoll
2017-05-09 13:05:16 UTC
Post by larry
Post by James Nicoll
Young People Read Old SFF: Of Mist, and Grass, and Sand by Vonda N. McIntyre
http://youngpeoplereadoldsff.com/story/of-mist-and-grass-and-sand
Truly? You have not read any of Fforde's Thursday tales?
I think you will find that section was written by the person whose name
appears at the end of it.
My Livejournal at http://www.livejournal.com/users/james_nicoll
Carl Fink
2017-05-09 13:10:33 UTC
Jame's younguns had reactions somewhat like mine, when I read "Mist" as a
young person myself. The major difference IIRC was that I knew perfectly
well it was SF, and inded I'm mystified by the idea that it is possible not to
see that instantly.
--
Carl Fink ***@nitpicking.com

Stupid mistakes you can correct!
David Johnston
2017-05-09 16:10:51 UTC
Post by Carl Fink
Jame's younguns had reactions somewhat like mine, when I read "Mist" as a
young person myself. The major difference IIRC was that I knew perfectly
well it was SF, and inded I'm mystified by the idea that it is possible not to
see that instantly.
You probably had more breadth of experience with how often science
fiction will offer up low technology futures and cultures.
Robert Carnegie
2017-05-09 20:27:49 UTC
Post by Carl Fink
Jame's younguns had reactions somewhat like mine, when I read "Mist" as a
young person myself. The major difference IIRC was that I knew perfectly
well it was SF, and inded I'm mystified by the idea that it is possible not to
see that instantly.
These are perhaps handed out in plain covers?

How psi-ish does it have to get before we at least
enter "urban fantasy"? :-)

Quadibloc
2017-05-09 16:49:58 UTC
Mikey liked it!!!