Web serial of AI, people and football in the year 17776
Add Reply
Jaimie Vandenbergh
2017-07-10 23:03:13 UTC
This is fun. It has only recently started but I've got it in my 'check
daily for new chapters' list and they're coming through quickly.

https://www.sbnation.com/a/17776-football

Don't let the football (American, or rather the future instantiation of
it after [spoilers] happen and everyone has more time to put into games)
put you off. There's some nice world building for the distant future and
neat but not irritating visual design features allowed by being on the
web. Just go read the first chapter, it's long in terms of scrolling but
not in terms of reading, and see if you want to go to the second.

Cheers - Jaimie (misposted next door in .science accidentally)
--
"January 1, 2000 might well be the first day in over six years that
is _not_ in September 1993..." - M Grant in afp

But unfortunately, he was later found to be wrong.
Titus G
2017-07-13 02:42:49 UTC
Post by Jaimie Vandenbergh
This is fun. It has only recently started but I've got it in my 'check
daily for new chapters' list and they're coming through quickly.
https://www.sbnation.com/a/17776-football
Don't let the football (American, or rather the future instantiation of
it after [spoilers] happen and everyone has more time to put into games)
put you off.
Sorry, but I did. I enjoyed the imagery along the way so thank you.

Post by Jaimie Vandenbergh
neat but not irritating visual design features allowed by being on the
web. Just go read the first chapter, it's long in terms of scrolling
That annoyed me as well. Perhaps if the text could have been replaced
with speech somehow, it would have flowed better.

but
Post by Jaimie Vandenbergh
not in terms of reading, and see if you want to go to the second.
I started it but lost interest mainly because of the football
commentary. It was interesting though so thank you for the suggestion.