Alice has a theory
2017-07-12 22:35:33 UTC
Alice has a theory ... and I love these daily walks to the end of the
series.
http://www.alicegrove.com/

2017-07-12 22:39:38 UTC
Alice has a theory .
Is it bunnies?
Ted Nolan <tednolan>
2017-07-12 22:55:18 UTC
Alice has a theory .
Is it bunnies?
A wizard did it.
2017-07-12 22:55:04 UTC
Alice has a theory ... and I love these daily walks to the end of the
series.
http://www.alicegrove.com/
Lynn
And the footnote is blase..
2017-07-12 23:12:17 UTC
Alice has a theory ... and I love these daily walks to the end of the
series.
http://www.alicegrove.com/
Lynn
Hmmm, so the Praeses aren't from this system in the first place.
2017-07-12 23:20:30 UTC
Alice has a theory ... and I love these daily walks to the end of the
series.
http://www.alicegrove.com/
Hmmm, so the Praeses aren't from this system in the first place.
Addendum: Maybe the Praeses *caused* the Blink?

IN which case, the phrase "exstirpate them root and branch" comes
to mind.

OTOH, how come they let Ardent and Gavia get down to the surface
then?
2017-07-13 03:08:36 UTC
Alice has a theory ... and I love these daily walks to the end of the
series.
http://www.alicegrove.com/
Hmmm, so the Praeses aren't from this system in the first place.
Addendum: Maybe the Praeses *caused* the Blink?
IN which case, the phrase "exstirpate them root and branch" comes
to mind.
OTOH, how come they let Ardent and Gavia get down to the surface
then?
I thought Tree Lady was saying she had no idea how that happened
(which is what Alice's theory is about).
2017-07-13 17:20:16 UTC
Alice has a theory ... and I love these daily walks to the end of the
series.
http://www.alicegrove.com/
Hmmm, so the Praeses aren't from this system in the first place.
Addendum: Maybe the Praeses *caused* the Blink?
IN which case, the phrase "exstirpate them root and branch" comes
to mind.
OTOH, how come they let Ardent and Gavia get down to the surface
then?
I thought Tree Lady was saying she had no idea how that happened
(which is what Alice's theory is about).
Yup, that is Tree Lady's first question to Ardent, how did he get to the
Earth ?
http://www.alicegrove.com/image/162244707549

Hey, Ardent is holding Sedna and Gavia is using her nano ray on her.
Maybe Sedna is not dead after all.

Why would Sedna be dead? All she did was tear her own arm off. Or am I confused about which character is which?
Lynn McGuire
2017-07-13 17:54:56 UTC
[...]
Because Sedna bled out when she ripped her arm off ?

Lynn
Bill Dugan
2017-07-13 18:14:20 UTC
On Thu, 13 Jul 2017 12:54:56 -0500, Lynn McGuire
[...]
Assuming that what Sedna and Alice have said is true, and noting how
quickly Alice recovered from her own injuries, it seems likely they
can recover from anything that doesn't instantly kill them.
David Johnston
<snort> It's just a flesh wound.
Dorothy J Heydt
2017-07-13 18:16:40 UTC
[...]
We don't have enough information on what kind of creature Sedna
is (though Alice might be about to tell us) to know whether the
blood (or whatever) vessels wouldn't just close off quickly
enough to keep her from exsanguinating. I can easily imagine
that at this point her system would be sufficiently stressed that
it would shut down to basic mainenance for a while.

But we don't know.
Regardless of the specifics we already know that their kind of creature can survive many things that would be lethal to a baseline human. Including the passage of centuries and being buried alive.
J. Clarke
2017-07-13 22:59:36 UTC
[...]
Which is why not chopping Church to pieces is worrisome.