New Harlan Ellison bio has been delivered
Add Reply
Joe Morris
2017-05-05 14:28:31 UTC
Hey,
Can't remember how long ago I ordered the slipcover version from nesfa.org
but it showed up the other day. Gorgeous product, glad there was a decent index.
I always liked how he interacted with Tom Snyder so it was cool to read those parts.
Haven't dug into writing projects or early bio stuff yet.

The back matter is pretty a cool: an annotated list of TV/movie projects that
didn't happen is really long! I haven't fact-checked at all but the awards received
list looks complete

Anyways, it's near the top of my to-read stack
--
Joe Morris Atlanta history blog
***@gmail.com http://atlhistory.com
Don Kuenz
2017-05-05 16:32:55 UTC
Post by Joe Morris
Hey,
Can't remember how long ago I ordered the slipcover version from nesfa.org
but it showed up the other day. Gorgeous product, glad there was a decent index.
I always liked how he interacted with Tom Snyder so it was cool to read those parts.
Haven't dug into writing projects or early bio stuff yet.
The back matter is pretty a cool: an annotated list of TV/movie projects that
didn't happen is really long! I haven't fact-checked at all but the awards received
list looks complete
Anyways, it's near the top of my to-read stack
A question for the group:

During a recent interview the author, Nat Segaloff, says that every
Hollywood pitch meeting starts out at "No" and works toward "Maybe."
Is that the story of every creative endeavor in general? Rejection at
first followed by acceptance later?

A similar situation happens in a _Seinfeld_ episode. In that episode a
character named George explains how he uses psychological marketing to
overcome a prospective girlfriend's initial revulsion of him. George
arranges a series of apparently accidental meetings so she can become
more familiar with him.

"I'm like a commercial jingle. First it's a little irritating.
Then you hear it a few times. You're humming it in the shower.
By the third date, it's 'Buy Mennen!'"
- George, in "The Chicken Roaster"

Don Kuenz KB7RPU