If a extraterrestrial civilization
a425couple
2017-02-28 00:32:18 UTC
This sounds like a plot for an alternative solar system.
If a extraterrestrial civilization growed on a type system like
TRAPPIST-1 with seven telluric planets whose three planets in habitable
area.
They can more easily that us make the space trips and see more interest
than us to the space trips
I'm not following you my friend.
I will explain better. For example, the informatic quickly progressed
because that there is a commercial interest and is tremendously financed
by the sales.
The astronautic have not the finance by the sales. But for a
extraterrestrial civilization with planets very near whose two in
habitable area, so the space trip become opportune.
The aliens's astronautic would financed more easy. they would learn more
quickly. Planets in habitable area near, this is a foot on stirrup of
the space conquest.
So they can to be more regular with the space trips and then run the
interstellar trips more easily
Why is that? Do you figure they are in less of a gravety hole?
The problem of human on the Mars is not the gravety hole, but the time of
the trip. Once upon in the space, the impulse for Moon or for Mars is
almost same. It is trip's time wich is different.
OK.
Let us see, If I'm understanding your point correctly:
If Sol's planet Mars, was close to Earth's orbit,
and we could get to it in 3 days, then most likely we
would have already (or soon) landed people there,
because the cost (function of total lift required)
would be much lower. (Because supplies needed for the 18
months just travel time, in space would not have to be lifted.)

And, once landing there, some good (marketable) things
would have been found, and economics of problem
well on way to being solved.

Is that it??
Titus G
2017-02-28 05:34:39 UTC
Post by a425couple
[...]
I think that what he means is that had Venus and Mars had life that we
on Dirt could relate to, there would be a greater incentive to visit
those planets and therefore more finance would be available leading
eventually to superprofits from trading and therefore even higher levels
of investment to explore further afield. HTH.
Robert Carnegie
2017-02-28 07:34:26 UTC
Post by Titus G
Post by a425couple
[...]
And, of course, war.

As for gravity - getting in or out of your star's
gravity well is a substantial part of the effort
of space travel... I think. (Having said that,
we done it. With robots and an expensive record
collection.)
m***@sky.com
To expand on this, anything which could be used as a base or retreat will be a military objective, because having somewhere to retreat to enables guerilla operations by your enemies or rebels. E.g. from https://www.reference.com/history/did-romans-invade-britain-fe33cdc4010fd40f one reason given for the Roman invasion of Britain was "...and to prevent a regrouping and counterattack by the recently-conquered Gauls who had escaped the Roman armies by fleeing to the island" - and the Romans typically didn't have population pressure - although there were also theories that they could get rich in Britain. This is also one of the reasons given for Claudius's invasion in the History of Rome podcast, which I recommend. Similarly, the occupation of Ireland has traditionally been a strategic necessity for the rest of the UK, with the status of Ireland as a nagging sore probably down to the fact that there was not enough valuable there to steal to make it worth doing the job properly, or working to maintain the link afterwards.
Peter Trei
2017-02-28 21:33:31 UTC
Post by m***@sky.com
Post by Robert Carnegie
Post by Titus G
Post by a425couple
[...]
They also gave up when they got to the Solway Firth, and built Hadrian's wall,
which create the difference between England and Scotland.

pt
Robert Bannister
2017-02-28 23:45:58 UTC
Post by m***@sky.com
Post by Robert Carnegie
Post by Titus G
Post by a425couple
[...]
Wasn't it Irish pirates that captured St Patrick and took him west
before Ireland was "pacified"?
--
Robert B. born England a long time ago;
Western Australia since 1972
J. Clarke
2017-03-01 01:33:11 UTC
In article <f71cb0be-428f-492e-869e-fd162394b294
@googlegroups.com>, ***@excite.com
says...
Post by Robert Carnegie
Post by Titus G
Post by a425couple
[...]
The delta-v to low earth orbit is about the same
as the delta-v from low earth orbit to solar
escape. I believe it was Heinlein who said that
once you're in orbit you're halfway to
_anywhere_.

Sylvain
2017-02-28 09:48:38 UTC
Post by a425couple
Is that it??
yes approximately that. But with a vision more generally. All life run with
like that.

For example
A orchid in tropical forest take it easy, by not using a trunk which it
made. The orchid use the trunk which made by a tree. It grow upon on tree
top.

The leopard do not run after all preies. It chase only the most easy preies
and which give it most food

If a extraterrestrial civilisation grow on system like TRAPPIST. They have
more interest that we to the conquest of planets. So they progress more
quickly which we

Please is what my english is good thank ?