How Did God Create The Universe?
The Starmaker
2016-01-12 16:10:11 UTC
How Did God Create The Universe?

This is a question everybody seems to
want to know...
How Did God Create The Universe?

They want to know what materials He used.
They want to know did He used computers?
They want to know did He used machines to
create the earth and the universe?
They want to know exactly what process He used
to create the earth and everything in it, including
the whole entire universe!

They want to know...
How Did God Create The Universe?

They want to know...
How Did He Create The Universe?

They want you to explain it all how He did it.

To be continued...
Helmut Wabnig
2016-01-12 16:36:01 UTC
On Tue, 12 Jan 2016 08:10:11 -0800, The Starmaker
Post by The Starmaker
How Did God Create The Universe?
This is a question everybody seems to
want to know...
How Did God Create The Universe?
They want to know what materials He used.
They want to know did He used computers?
They want to know did He used machines to
create the earth and the universe?
They want to know exactly what process He used
to create the earth and everything in it, including
the whole entire universe!
They want to know...
How Did God Create The Universe?
They want to know...
How Did He Create The Universe?
They want you to explain it all how He did it.
To be continued...
No, the end is reached.

See, if GAWD can create, then we can.

That GAWD creates ex nihilo, is theological,
that we also could create ex nihilo is logical,
if we only knew the recipe.

Therefore the question HOW DOES CREATION WORK?
is justified and has to be put forward to the creationist creatures.

Creationists are stupid. Kick their asses.

w.
Stephen Allcroft
No; just employ Occam's Razor...
Dorothy J Heydt
2016-01-12 17:25:39 UTC
By a Word.

Next?
--
Dorothy J. Heydt
Vallejo, California
djheydt at gmail dot com
walkslaone
2016-01-12 18:24:52 UTC
Post by Dorothy J Heydt
By a Word.
Not really, Bumba [who wants no worship], lost his lunch. AKA threw up.
Post by Dorothy J Heydt
Next?
Are you sure you are old enough to expect an answer?

walksalone, who is rather bored for now. But exciting times are
enroute, according to my bladder. Well, at least as exciting as what I
responded to.

"There is no contradiction in Nature - only contradiction in what
we know of it."

Dana Scully, character on the TV program "X-files"
Robert Carnegie
2016-01-13 10:57:23 UTC
Post by Dorothy J Heydt
By a Word.
Deadly? Deplorable? Discouraging?
Post by Dorothy J Heydt
Next?
That is the question. I look at today's world, I think God's
run out of ideas. And he needs an editor.
Post by Dorothy J Heydt
--
Dorothy J. Heydt
Vallejo, California
djheydt at gmail dot com
Peter Trei
2016-01-13 15:34:05 UTC
Post by Robert Carnegie
Post by Dorothy J Heydt
By a Word.
Deadly? Deplorable? Discouraging?
I may be being Captain Obvious here, but....

It's a biblical reference, in particular, John 1:1:

"In the beginning was the Word,
and the Word was with God,
and the Word was God."

pt
Kevrob
2016-01-13 23:30:54 UTC
Post by Dorothy J Heydt
Next?
That is the question. I look at today's world, I think God's
run out of ideas. And he needs an editor.
Given the tack record of Acme tech, if Mark F is right, the
word was "Oops!"

Kevin R
Dan Tilque
2016-01-13 13:00:06 UTC
Post by Dorothy J Heydt
By a Word.
"'In the beginning was the word,' said a dry voice right behind him. 'It
was the Egg,' corrected another voice. [...] '[...] I'm sure it was the
primordial slime.' [...] 'No, that came afterwards. There was firmament
first.' [...] 'You're all wrong. In the beginning was the Clearing of
the Throat--'"

Eric -- Terry Pratchett
Dan Tilque
Robert Carnegie
2016-01-13 13:52:19 UTC
Post by Dan Tilque
Post by Dorothy J Heydt
By a Word.
"'In the beginning was the word,' said a dry voice right behind him. 'It
was the Egg,' corrected another voice. [...] '[...] I'm sure it was the
primordial slime.' [...] 'No, that came afterwards. There was firmament
first.' [...] 'You're all wrong. In the beginning was the Clearing of
the Throat--'"
Eric -- Terry Pratchett
_The Light Fantastic_, I think. The Creator of the world does
appear in _Eric_, although he's clearly working for someone else.
Creating worlds is just what he does, professionally.

I forget if he was reading from the book of the eight great
spells that create...
Post by Dan Tilque
Dan Tilque
Greg Goss
2016-01-13 18:15:08 UTC
Post by Robert Carnegie
_The Light Fantastic_, I think. The Creator of the world does
appear in _Eric_, although he's clearly working for someone else.
Creating worlds is just what he does, professionally.
He got an award for Norway. All the fiddly bits that go into those
fjords.
Robert Carnegie
2016-01-14 01:29:54 UTC
Post by Greg Goss
Post by Robert Carnegie
_The Light Fantastic_, I think. The Creator of the world does
appear in _Eric_, although he's clearly working for someone else.
Creating worlds is just what he does, professionally.
He got an award for Norway. All the fiddly bits that go into those
fjords.
Let me just check my library again...

Apparently Douglas Adams chose to give his planet designer
the sorrowful secret of the outright rudest name that the
BBC would allow in a radio programme. This involved a
sort of Dutch auction and the point of agreement was
"Slartibartfast".

Of course that was ohmygod years ago.

I wonder if he came to this from the direction of having
the mysterious man say mysteriously "My name is not important"
and then have this being the particular reason he didn't want
to mention it.
Stephen Allcroft
Yes it was.
William December Starr
2016-01-15 13:48:55 UTC
Post by Robert Carnegie
Apparently Douglas Adams chose to give his planet designer
the sorrowful secret of the outright rudest name that the
BBC would allow in a radio programme. This involved a
sort of Dutch auction and the point of agreement was
"Slartibartfast".
The way I heard it, he (said he) generated "Slartibartfast" by
starting out with a concatenation of much-too-rude-for-BBC-radio
words, and then modified each syllable _just_ enough...

(Which doesn't rule out that the "just enough" point was determined
via that Dutch auction give-and-take process you mention.)

-- wds

Tom McDonald
2016-01-13 19:53:45 UTC
Post by Dan Tilque
Post by Dorothy J Heydt
By a Word.
"'In the beginning was the word,' said a dry voice right behind him. 'It
was the Egg,' corrected another voice. [...] '[...] I'm sure it was the
primordial slime.' [...] 'No, that came afterwards. There was firmament
first.' [...] 'You're all wrong. In the beginning was the Clearing of
the Throat--'"
Eric -- Terry Pratchett
Ah, Sir Pterry. He is sadly missed. Thankfully he wrote a bunch of
brilliant stuff we'll be quoting for ages.
William December Starr
2016-01-15 13:44:41 UTC
Post by Dorothy J Heydt
By a Word.
Next?
Nonresponsive, your Honor, move to strike.

-- wds
duke
2016-01-12 18:31:16 UTC
Post by The Starmaker
How Did God Create The Universe?
This is a question everybody seems to
want to know...
How Did God Create The Universe?
He willed it into existence as an infinitely small point of mass/energy of
infinite density..
Post by The Starmaker
They want to know what materials He used.
They want to know did He used computers?
They want to know did He used machines to
create the earth and the universe?
They want to know exactly what process He used
to create the earth and everything in it, including
the whole entire universe!
They want to know...
How Did God Create The Universe?
They want to know...
How Did He Create The Universe?
They want you to explain it all how He did it.
To be continued...
the dukester, American-American

*****
Pope Paul VI
*****
nuny@bid.nes
2016-01-13 04:24:09 UTC
Post by The Starmaker
How Did God Create The Universe?
This is a question everybody seems to
want to know...
How Did God Create The Universe?
With His brand new Acme Universe Creating Set, of course.

He received the package and after gleefully rubbing His hands together for a few moments, reached forward and pulled at what He though was the knot holding the package together.

Imagine His surprise when He realized that it was actually the trigger...

That was right *after* the Big Bang, with the string dangling from His fingers, the fringes of His beard gently smoldering, and the Road Ru^H^H^HSatan standing a short distance away, who then issued a distorted raspberry before zooming away.

T-t-t-hat's all, folks!

Mark L. Fergerson
Dan Tilque
2016-01-13 12:28:27 UTC
Post by The Starmaker
This is a question everybody seems to
want to know...
I don't, so obviously this is not a true statement.
Post by The Starmaker
How Did God Create The Universe?
Objection! Question assumes facts not in evidence.
Dan Tilque
Sylvia Else
2016-01-14 00:07:35 UTC
Post by The Starmaker
How Did God Create The Universe?
This is a question everybody seems to
want to know...
I don't. I'm pretty sure that there is no God, and that He therefore did
not create the universe.

Sylvia.
benj
2016-01-14 00:17:16 UTC
Post by Sylvia Else
Post by The Starmaker
How Did God Create The Universe?
This is a question everybody seems to
want to know...
I don't. I'm pretty sure that there is no God, and that He therefore did
not create the universe.
Sylvia.
Well, Shit! "Sylvia" is "pretty sure" that there is no God and I think
that pretty much settles it for everybody, right?

Well everybody except thinkers. The supposition is that any "God" would
be outside of time. Hence the entire question of any "Creation" is total
nonsense. I think it was starfaker, or maybe Rolf, who likened the
universe and "God's" view of it as to a large roll of video tape where
you've spliced the beginning to then end. We see the tape as it plays
and take it to be "life" and our "universe". God however, being outside
of time sees the entire roll in it's entirety where "our" time is
irrelevant to that view.
--
___ ___ ___ ___
/\ \ /\ \ /\__\ /\ \
~~ \/__/ \/__/
Sylvia Else
2016-01-14 05:23:19 UTC
Post by benj
Post by Sylvia Else
Post by The Starmaker
[...]
I think you've rather missed the point. The OP's assertion was that
"everybody seems to want to know." I was merely providing a counter-example.

Sylvia.
Peter Moylan
2016-01-14 01:51:18 UTC
Post by Sylvia Else
Post by The Starmaker
How Did God Create The Universe?
This is a question everybody seems to
want to know...
I don't. I'm pretty sure that there is no God, and that He therefore did
not create the universe.
Ah, but there's plenty of documentation to show that the universe was
created multiple times, in many different ways, by many different gods.
--
Peter Moylan http://www.pmoylan.org
Newcastle, NSW, Australia
Greg Goss
2016-01-14 11:49:28 UTC
Post by Peter Moylan
Post by Sylvia Else
Post by The Starmaker
How Did God Create The Universe?
This is a question everybody seems to
want to know...
I don't. I'm pretty sure that there is no God, and that He therefore did
not create the universe.
Ah, but there's plenty of documentation to show that the universe was
created multiple times, in many different ways, by many different gods.
I used to be a corporate programmer. The documentation never does
match the actual project.
The Starmaker
2016-01-14 19:49:37 UTC
Post by Greg Goss
Post by Peter Moylan
Post by Sylvia Else
Post by The Starmaker
How Did God Create The Universe?
This is a question everybody seems to
want to know...
I don't. I'm pretty sure that there is no God, and that He therefore did
not create the universe.
Ah, but there's plenty of documentation to show that the universe was
created multiple times, in many different ways, by many different gods.
I used to be a corporate programmer. The documentation never does
match the actual project.
Who reads documentations anymore?

I'm up and running!

I can fly an airplane....i don't need a manual.
David DeLaney
2016-01-15 06:58:30 UTC
Post by Greg Goss
Post by Peter Moylan
Ah, but there's plenty of documentation to show that the universe was
created multiple times, in many different ways, by many different gods.
I used to be a corporate programmer. The documentation never does
match the actual project.
And, to boot, new discoveries and postulations force the uncountably infinite
numbers of spirits that form the mythic background FOR the universe to retcon
so that This Was Always so, so the origin's changing every so often as well.
By the end of the War in Heaven, its beginning may well have become totally
unrecognizable.

Dave, and this doesn't even take into account the various discussions going on
OUTSIDE Creation in sundry ways
http://gatekeeper.vic.com/~dbd/ -net.legends/Magic / I WUV you in all CAPS! --K.
Sylvia Else
2016-01-14 05:27:23 UTC
Post by Sylvia Else
Post by The Starmaker
How Did God Create The Universe?
This is a question everybody seems to
want to know...
I don't. I'm pretty sure that there is no God, and that He therefore did
not create the universe.
Sylvia.
Sheesh - they're all at it. Guys - you really need to read, and think,
rather then getting all hot and bothered about an issue I'm not
discussing at all.

I'm not saying anything about God. I'm saying something about me,
because I'm a person, and therefore part of "everybody". The OP's
assertion (notwithstanding the weasel word "seems") is false, because I
am a counter-example.

Sylvia.
The Starmaker
2016-01-14 06:21:39 UTC
Post by Sylvia Else
Post by The Starmaker
How Did God Create The Universe?
This is a question everybody seems to
want to know...
I don't. I'm pretty sure that there is no God, and that He therefore did
not create the universe.
Sylvia.
Richard Dawkins is not pretty sure, he's unsure. How can you
be..."pretty sure"???
The Starmaker
2016-01-14 06:09:40 UTC
Post by The Starmaker
How Did God Create The Universe?
This is a question everybody seems to
want to know...
How Did God Create The Universe?
They want to know what materials He used.
They want to know did He used computers?
They want to know did He used machines to
create the earth and the universe?
They want to know exactly what process He used
to create the earth and everything in it, including
the whole entire universe!
They want to know...
How Did God Create The Universe?
They want to know...
How Did He Create The Universe?
They want you to explain it all how He did it.
To be continued...
They...want to know
how God went about
creating a universe..
you know..the details,
the tools he used..
the step by step
process He used from
begining to end...

They want to know
how He first went
about creating
life on earth...

I mean...
this information
is too dangerous
for yous to know.

You're liable to
build an atomic bomb
or something to kill people
for personal reasons.

You might even build
volcanos and asteroids
to destroy your enemies...

Sorry, you're not ready.

You're just going
to have to accept the brute fact
that God did it.
The Starmaker
2016-01-14 06:40:44 UTC
Post by The Starmaker
Post by The Starmaker
[...]
What's really ridiculous
is that They
expect Christians
who believe in God
to explain it all.

To explain
How God did it.

This information
is too dangerous for
humans to aquire.

You'll start
building women in
your basements..
The Starmaker
I want to know how God created this world - Albert Einstein
The Starmaker
2016-01-14 20:12:00 UTC
Post by The Starmaker
Post by The Starmaker
Post by The Starmaker
[...]
Albert Einstein really wanted to know the WHY did God created the world...the rest according to him were just little details.

The problem with Albert Einsten was he waited a little too late to be asking WHY questions...

as you can tell by the book he was reading:

Do you want to know ...WHY God created the Universe, instead of How?

Which do you prefer, How or Why?
The Starmaker
2016-01-15 06:12:20 UTC
Post by The Starmaker
Post by The Starmaker
https://timelifeblog.files.wordpress.com/2012/01/001151112.jpg
http://a57.foxnews.com/images.foxnews.com/content/fox-news/science/slideshow/2013/03/14/celebrating-albert-einstein/_jcr_content/slideshow-par/slide_image4/image.img.jpg/0/0/1422517608937.jpg?ve=1&tl=1
If you understand Why God created the universe, then it doesn't matter How He did it, doesn't it?
The Starmaker
2016-01-14 19:47:17 UTC
Post by The Starmaker
How Did God Create The Universe?
Nope -- the concept of god is an invention of man.
I know this is very differcult
for yous to understand...

Man made God
so that God
can make Man.

So, if you ask "Who created God?" Well, of course...man did!

And if you want to know "Who created Man?"...well, of course, God did!

God is the best idea Man ever had.

In other words, Man invented God so that God can create Man.

You don't expect Man to create himself, do you?

I told you....

this is very differcult
for yous to understand...