an-iceberg-the-size-of-delaware-is-about-to-break-off-of-antarctica
Add Reply
The Starmaker
2017-07-06 18:16:56 UTC
https://www.adn.com/nation-world/2017/07/06/an-iceberg-the-size-of-delaware-is-about-to-break-off-of-antarctica/

What's a delaware????

What does "about to" mean?

What is an antarctica??

i just have trouble understanding the headline...

somebody must have dropped me on my head.

It's hard to read ...fake news.

What about the kidnapped children on Mars??
The Starmaker
i'm going to go on a simulated mission to antarctica, will somebody close the refriderator door for me please?
Hägar
2017-07-06 18:43:25 UTC
"The Starmaker" wrote in message news:***@ix.netcom.com...

https://www.adn.com/nation-world/2017/07/06/an-iceberg-the-size-of-delaware-is-about-to-break-off-of-antarctica/

What's a delaware????

What does "about to" mean?

What is an antarctica??

i just have trouble understanding the headline...

*** They did indeed drop you on your noggin ... but I digress:
The Antarctic has been "calving" ice sheets since time
immemorial. When glaciers, a common phenomena in
the Antarctic, spill out into the sea, they eventually break
off from the progenitor ice mass, sort of like bending a
beer can tab to and fro, until it breaks off. It is nature's
way of getting rid of the grown up children. The floes,
or ice bergs, as they are otherwise known, then go on
hunting trip for such unsinkable behemoths as the Titanic.
The Starmaker
i didn't know the titanic was...unsinkable, didn't it sink?
Kevrob
2017-07-08 02:19:16 UTC
Post by The Starmaker
https://www.adn.com/nation-world/2017/07/06/an-iceberg-the-size-of-delaware-is-about-to-break-off-of-antarctica/
What's a delaware????
Ms Reese would wear whatever she thought made her looked good.
She's retired now, so maybe there's more emphasis on comfort.

Kevin R
a***@yahoo.com
Great. Now tell us, where does Maryland?
Kevrob

2017-07-09 19:35:09 UTC
Post by Hägar
The Antarctic has been "calving" ice sheets since time
immemorial. When glaciers, a common phenomena in
the Antarctic, spill out into the sea, they eventually break
off from the progenitor ice mass, sort of like bending a
beer can tab to and fro, until it breaks off. It is nature's
way of getting rid of the grown up children. The floes,
or ice bergs, as they are otherwise known, then go on
hunting trip for such unsinkable behemoths as the Titanic.
Since the Antarctic ice stabilizes as very large sheets, the resulting
icebergs are wildly different from the Greenland things that sank the
Titanic.