julian may
m***@gmail.com
2018-02-19 16:51:49 UTC

Juliano may
Wolffan
2018-02-20 11:38:49 UTC
On 19Feb 2018, ***@gmail.com wrote
(in article<342e5770-34be-497f-9b7b-***@googlegroups.com>):

> El jueves, 24 de septiembre de 1992, 14:57:19 (UTC-6), ***@almac.co.uk
> escribió:
> > Hello World!
> >
> > Are there any Julian May fans reading? Of course there are,
> > silly question really. Can anyone help me with the following:
> >
> > 1. Does anyone have the paperback release dates for the
> > Millieu books?
> >
> > 2. Can someone point me in the direction of a short story
> > collection containing "Dune Roller"?
> >
> > 3. Does anyone want to discuss the good lady's work with me?
> >
> > Torc to you later,
> >

> > David Emmerson. ***@almac.co.uk
> >

> > ... Friends, Romans, countrymen, lend me your taglines!
> > --- Blue Wave/QWK v2.10
> > --
> > ALMAC BBS Ltd. 0324-665371
> > Dos based USENET access, call for details!
> Juliano may

And we have a new winner! Congrats, ***@gmail.com, you have won the
Lead No-Prize for zombifying the oldest necrothread so far this year! 1992! A
new record! Tenno heika banzai! Banzai!
Kevrob
2018-02-20 15:22:16 UTC
On Tuesday, February 20, 2018 at 6:38:58 AM UTC-5, Wolffan wrote:
> On 19Feb 2018, ***@gmail.com wrote
> (in article<342e5770-34be-497f-9b7b-***@googlegroups.com>):
>
> > El jueves, 24 de septiembre de 1992, 14:57:19 (UTC-6), ***@almac.co.uk
> > escribió:
> > > Hello World!
> > >
> > > Are there any Julian May fans reading? Of course there are,
> > > silly question really. Can anyone help me with the following:
> > >
> > > 1. Does anyone have the paperback release dates for the
> > > Millieu books?
> > >
> > > 2. Can someone point me in the direction of a short story
> > > collection containing "Dune Roller"?
> > >
> > > 3. Does anyone want to discuss the good lady's work with me?
> > >
> > > Torc to you later,
> > >

> > > David Emmerson. ***@almac.co.uk
> > >

> > > ... Friends, Romans, countrymen, lend me your taglines!
> > > --- Blue Wave/QWK v2.10
> > > --
> > > ALMAC BBS Ltd. 0324-665371
> > > Dos based USENET access, call for details!
> > Juliano may
>
> And we have a new winner! Congrats, ***@gmail.com, you have won the
> Lead No-Prize for zombifying the oldest necrothread so far this year! 1992! A
> new record! Tenno heika banzai! Banzai!

Necro is right. I've never read May, and my first response to
seeing the subject line was, "Oh, no! Not another death in the
worlds of SF/F and fandom?" Sure enough, May left us back in October.

Extra style points and a Buck Rogers Solar Scout cluster for
posting the reviving post "en espanol," in an English-language
group.

Kevin R

* Wiki says Mat wrote some continuities for the Buck comic
strip.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Julian_May
Butch Malahide
2018-02-21 05:16:35 UTC
On Thursday, September 24, 1992 at 3:57:19 PM UTC-5, david.e wrote:

> 2. Can someone point me in the direction of a short story
> collection containing "Dune Roller"?

Not sure I understand the question. You are looking for a specific
collection, and it's not any of the ones listed in the ISFDB?

http://www.isfdb.org/cgi-bin/title.cgi?56099
Ahasuerus
2018-02-21 13:15:52 UTC
On Wednesday, February 21, 2018 at 12:16:41 AM UTC-5, Butch Malahide
wrote:
> On Thursday, September 24, 1992 at 3:57:19 PM UTC-5, david.e wrote:
>
> > 2. Can someone point me in the direction of a short story
> > collection containing "Dune Roller"?
>
> Not sure I understand the question. You are looking for a specific
> collection, and it's not any of the ones listed in the ISFDB?
>
> http://www.isfdb.org/cgi-bin/title.cgi?56099

I am afraid the ISFDB didn't exist when the question was originally
posted.
Michael F. Stemper
2018-02-21 14:26:51 UTC
On 2018-02-21 07:15, Ahasuerus wrote:
> On Wednesday, February 21, 2018 at 12:16:41 AM UTC-5, Butch Malahide
> wrote:
>> On Thursday, September 24, 1992 at 3:57:19 PM UTC-5, david.e wrote:
>>
>>> 2. Can someone point me in the direction of a short story
>>> collection containing "Dune Roller"?
>>
>> Not sure I understand the question. You are looking for a specific
>> collection, and it's not any of the ones listed in the ISFDB?
>>
>> http://www.isfdb.org/cgi-bin/title.cgi?56099
>
> I am afraid the ISFDB didn't exist when the question was originally
> posted.

C'mon, this is science fiction. Why don't you just send the ISFDB back
to 1991? Possibly printed on the back of a package of Starbix?

--
Michael F. Stemper
If you take cranberries and stew them like applesauce they taste much
more like prunes than rhubarb does.
Ahasuerus
2018-02-21 14:32:14 UTC

What could possibly go wrong...?
Michael F. Stemper
2018-02-21 16:08:43 UTC
On 2018-02-21 08:32, Ahasuerus wrote:
> On Wednesday, February 21, 2018 at 9:27:06 AM UTC-5, Michael F. Stemper wrote:
>> On 2018-02-21 07:15, Ahasuerus wrote:

>>> I am afraid the ISFDB didn't exist when the question was originally
>>> posted.
>>
>> C'mon, this is science fiction. Why don't you just send the ISFDB back
>> to 1991? Possibly printed on the back of a package of Starbix?
>
> What could possibly go wrong...?

Dunno, but Jack Lewis could probably tell us.

--
Michael F. Stemper
I feel more like I do now than I did when I came in.
-dsr-
2018-03-02 18:58:06 UTC
On 2018-02-21, Butch Malahide <***@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thursday, September 24, 1992 at 3:57:19 PM UTC-5, david.e wrote:
>
>> 2. Can someone point me in the direction of a short story
>> collection containing "Dune Roller"?
>
> Not sure I understand the question. You are looking for a specific
> collection, and it's not any of the ones listed in the ISFDB?
>
> http://www.isfdb.org/cgi-bin/title.cgi?56099

They didn't have the ISFDB a year before Eternal September, did they?

-dsr-