Deathworld by Harry Harrison
2017-07-16 22:13:47 UTC
Hey! It's available on Gutenberg. I did not see that coming.
b***@dontspam.silent.com
2017-07-16 22:43:57 UTC
On Sun, 16 Jul 2017 15:13:47 -0700 (PDT), David Johnston
Post by David Johnston
Hey! It's available on Gutenberg. I did not see that coming.
The Astounding version has been on Gutenberg since before Harrison
died. I'm not sure how they worked out the copyright dates...
Dorothy J Heydt
2017-07-16 23:13:35 UTC
Post by David Johnston
Hey! It's available on Gutenberg. I did not see that coming.
The Astounding version has been on Gutenberg since before Harrison
died. I'm not sure how they worked out the copyright dates...
I didn't know Harry well; but well enough that whenever we were
at the same con we'd run up to each other and hug. Fennish
equivalent of "polite acquaintance." Long ago.
2017-07-17 01:09:56 UTC
Post by David Johnston
Hey! It's available on Gutenberg. I did not see that coming.
The Astounding version has been on Gutenberg since before Harrison
died. I'm not sure how they worked out the copyright dates...
I didn't know Harry well; but well enough that whenever we were
at the same con we'd run up to each other and hug. Fennish
equivalent of "polite acquaintance." Long ago.
The _Astounding_ serialization of _Deathworld_ (Harrison) begins in the
January 1960 issue. That's the year that _Astounding_ slowly morphed
into _Analog_. archive.org hosts a large collection pulp magazines:

https://archive.org/details/pulpmagazinearchive

Unfortunately, the American issues of _Astounding_ stop just shy of the
January 1960 issue:

https://archive.org/details/pulpmagazinearchive?sort=&and[]=astounding%201959

The good news is that archive.org offers the first part of the three
part serialization. It's in the April 1960 British edition of
_Astounding_:

https://archive.org/details/pulpmagazinearchive?sort=&and[]=astounding%201960

Don