Breaking Breaking Cat News
2017-03-27 01:59:54 UTC
Hey, guys, Dorothys, and Lynns?

It's BAAAAAAACK!!1!

Dave, apparently launching in papers 3/27 as well
gatekeeper.vic.com/~dbd - net.legends FAQ & Magic / I WUV you in all CAPS! --K.
Lynn McGuire
2017-03-27 17:15:12 UTC
Post by David DeLaney
Hey, guys, Dorothys, and Lynns?
It's BAAAAAAACK!!1!
Dave, apparently launching in papers 3/27 as well
Yes, it looks like today is relaunch day.
http://www.gocomics.com/breaking-cat-news

And Elvis is live !

2017-03-27 18:04:57 UTC
Post by David DeLaney
Hey, guys, Dorothys, and Lynns?
It's BAAAAAAACK!!1!
Dave, apparently launching in papers 3/27 as well
Yes, it looks like today is relaunch day.
http://www.gocomics.com/breaking-cat-news
And Elvis is live !
Okay, so it's newspaper-sized strips rather than larger pages.
We'll see if she has a larger page on Sunday. We'll see if she
has any page on Sunday. Many strips don't.
2017-03-27 19:36:58 UTC
Post by David DeLaney
Hey, guys, Dorothys, and Lynns?
It's BAAAAAAACK!!1!
Dave, apparently launching in papers 3/27 as well
Yes, it looks like today is relaunch day.
http://www.gocomics.com/breaking-cat-news
And Elvis is live !
Okay, so it's newspaper-sized strips rather than larger pages.
We'll see if she has a larger page on Sunday. We'll see if she
has any page on Sunday. Many strips don't.
Out of the 16 strips that I follow daily, 9 of them have Saturday and Sunday strips (Dilbert, B.C., Wizard of Id, Day by Day, Over
the Hedge, Schlock Mercenary, Crankshaft, Funky Winkerbean, and Hagar the Horrible). It will be interesting to see what happens.

2017-03-30 17:29:29 UTC
Post by David DeLaney
Hey, guys, Dorothys, and Lynns?
It's BAAAAAAACK!!1!
Dave, apparently launching in papers 3/27 as well
Yes, it looks like today is relaunch day.
http://www.gocomics.com/breaking-cat-news
And Elvis is live !
Okay, so it's newspaper-sized strips rather than larger pages.
We'll see if she has a larger page on Sunday. We'll see if she
has any page on Sunday. Many strips don't.
Out of the 16 strips that I follow daily, 9 of them have Saturday and Sunday strips (Dilbert, B.C., Wizard of Id, Day by Day, Over
the Hedge, Schlock Mercenary, Crankshaft, Funky Winkerbean, and Hagar the Horrible). It will be interesting to see what happens.
Lynn
Looking good so far ! The adaptation to a daily strip works well !
http://www.gocomics.com/breaking-cat-news

Lynn
Default User
2017-04-04 15:40:46 UTC
Okay, so it's newspaper-sized strips rather than larger pages.
We'll see if she has a larger page on Sunday. We'll see if she
has any page on Sunday. Many strips don't.
The Post-Dispatch has picked it up. The first Sunday was a reworking of one of the old web comics (Is That Bacon?)

In general it looks like a reboot of the strip, so she'll be able to mine the old material.

Brian
Lynn McGuire
2017-04-04 17:39:00 UTC
Post by Default User
Post by Dorothy J Heydt
Okay, so it's newspaper-sized strips rather than larger pages.
We'll see if she has a larger page on Sunday. We'll see if she
has any page on Sunday. Many strips don't.
The Post-Dispatch has picked it up. The first Sunday was a reworking of one of the old web comics (Is That Bacon?)
In general it looks like a reboot of the strip, so she'll be able to mine the old material.
Brian
It works for me. I suspect that she will probably interleave some new stuff with the old stuff but, who knows ? I just like the
strip in general.
http://www.gocomics.com/breaking-cat-news

"The time is now breakfast o'clock!"

Lynn
Joy Beeson
2017-04-05 01:43:20 UTC
On Tue, 4 Apr 2017 12:39:00 -0500, Lynn McGuire
Post by Lynn McGuire
It works for me. I suspect that she will probably interleave
some new stuff with the old stuff but, who knows ? I just like the
strip in general.
http://www.gocomics.com/breaking-cat-news
On the comic-strip newsgroup, she has been quoted as saying that the
new strips are to be a re-telling of all the old ones, with some added
material.

I miss the intricate and delicate artwork of the Web comics, but this
contract means that she can keep writing.

And the old ones are still available.
--
Joy Beeson
joy beeson at comcast dot net
http://wlweather.net/PAGEJOY/
Lynn McGuire
2017-04-05 19:04:09 UTC
Post by Lynn McGuire
It works for me. I suspect that she will probably interleave
some new stuff with the old stuff but, who knows ? I just like the
strip in general.
http://www.gocomics.com/breaking-cat-news
On the comic-strip newsgroup, she has been quoted as saying that the
new strips are to be a re-telling of all the old ones, with some added
material.
I miss the intricate and delicate artwork of the Web comics, but this
contract means that she can keep writing.
And the old ones are still available.
In paperback even for those nice Christmas gifts:
https://www.amazon.com/Breaking-Cat-News-Reporting-Matters/dp/1449474136/