YASID: Giant artificial meat growth vat used as place to have secret conversation
puppetsock
2018-07-06 20:07:21 UTC
Talk of artificial meat maybe being for sale soon reminded me.

So I remember almost nothing else about the story. There was
some kind of secret resistance of some kind. Some members
wanted to have a confab in a place where they could be fairly
confident not to be overheard.

So they went to this giant vat of artificial meat being grown.
If I recall, it was cloned chicken heart, and thus called
"chicken little." And they manipulated it so that they could
get inside. And then they had their conversation entirely
surrounded by many tons of pulsing cloned meat. They had
to get out before their air was used up since they were
in clean-room type gear, but did not have breathing gear.
Jerry Brown
2018-07-06 20:10:44 UTC
On Fri, 6 Jul 2018 13:07:21 -0700 (PDT), puppetsock
<***@hotmail.com> wrote:

>Talk of artificial meat maybe being for sale soon reminded me.
>
>So I remember almost nothing else about the story. There was
>some kind of secret resistance of some kind. Some members
>wanted to have a confab in a place where they could be fairly
>confident not to be overheard.
>
>So they went to this giant vat of artificial meat being grown.
>If I recall, it was cloned chicken heart, and thus called
>"chicken little." And they manipulated it so that they could
>get inside. And then they had their conversation entirely
>surrounded by many tons of pulsing cloned meat. They had
>to get out before their air was used up since they were
>in clean-room type gear, but did not have breathing gear.

Pohl and Kornbluth: "The Space Merchants"

--
Jerry Brown

A cat may look at a king
(but probably won't bother)
puppetsock
2018-07-15 01:38:15 UTC
On Friday, July 6, 2018 at 4:10:50 PM UTC-4, Jerry Brown wrote:
> On Fri, 6 Jul 2018 13:07:21 -0700 (PDT), puppetsock
> <***@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
> >Talk of artificial meat maybe being for sale soon reminded me.
> >
> >So I remember almost nothing else about the story. There was
> >some kind of secret resistance of some kind. Some members
> >wanted to have a confab in a place where they could be fairly
> >confident not to be overheard.
> >
> >So they went to this giant vat of artificial meat being grown.
> >If I recall, it was cloned chicken heart, and thus called
> >"chicken little." And they manipulated it so that they could
> >get inside. And then they had their conversation entirely
> >surrounded by many tons of pulsing cloned meat. They had
> >to get out before their air was used up since they were
> >in clean-room type gear, but did not have breathing gear.
>
> Pohl and Kornbluth: "The Space Merchants"

I think it's correct. Thanks.