Trumpian SF
2018-08-08 20:35:12 UTC
Some of it's #nevertrump. (Is dystopic sf truly on the wane?) The
fictional content of the MAGA at the bottom of the list may be open to
interpretation.

_Donald Trump: Plague Doctor_ (Vega)
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/34428993-donald-trump

_American Carnage: Tales of Trumpian Dystopia_ (McCoy)
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/37794608-american-carnage

_Donald Trump: Zombie Hunter_ (Davidson)
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/26295575-donald-trump

_Donald Trump: Necromancer_ (Lash)
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/33781144-donald-trump

_Donald Little Hands: Seussian Adventures in Trumpian Politics_ (Brooks)
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/38104299-donald-little-hands

_Trump: Ghost Hunter_ (Helnnent)
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/28869667-trump-ghost-hunter

_MAGA: 2020 & Beyond_ (Rennie)
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/36465203-maga-2020-beyond

Don
Dorothy J Heydt
2018-08-08 21:47:37 UTC
Post by D B Davis
[...]
Well, this is fantasy, not SF, but ...

http://uncannymagazine.com/article/trump-christmas-carol/
2018-08-08 22:59:05 UTC
Post by D B Davis
[...]
All of the Trumpian stories in my list are probably also fantasy.
(Thus far, all of the Trumpians remain unread by me.) Isn't SF an
acronym for Speculative Fiction, which includes fantasy?
Pop culture typically eludes me, so it was gratifying for me to
correctly ID all of the ghosts in "A Trump Christmas Carol." The story's
"German chick" is actually Hungarian.
That fact is known to me only because the Hilton Flamingo Hotel in
Las Vegas used to give away free MMPB copies of "Be My Guest" to guests.
"Be My Guest" is Conrad "Connie" Hilton's life story and the Hungarian
(not German) chick appears in the autobiography because she used to be
married to "Connie."

Don
Dorothy J Heydt
2018-08-08 23:15:16 UTC
Well, this is fantasy, not SF, but ...
http://uncannymagazine.com/article/trump-christmas-carol/
.....Isn't SF an
acronym for Speculative Fiction, which includes fantasy?
Well, yes, except when it isn't. There are those who insist that
everything that isn't hard-core scientifiction is fantasy, which
maps to "dreck". Others draw the dividing line somewhere else.
Still others don't draw a line, and point and laugh at those who
try. As established in innumerable threads on this group since
the lower Pleistocene.
2018-08-09 00:24:48 UTC
Well, this is fantasy, not SF, but ...
http://uncannymagazine.com/article/trump-christmas-carol/
.....Isn't SF an
acronym for Speculative Fiction, which includes fantasy?
Well, yes, except when it isn't. There are those who insist that
everything that isn't hard-core scientifiction is fantasy, which
maps to "dreck". Others draw the dividing line somewhere else.
Still others don't draw a line, and point and laugh at those who
try. As established in innumerable threads on this group since
the lower Pleistocene.
But, all fantasy is dreck ! Except the stuff that I like. And I am
reading Wen Spencer's latest fantasy book right now.
https://www.amazon.com/Black-Wolves-Boston-Wen-Spencer/dp/148148320X/

2018-08-09 01:39:03 UTC
Well, this is fantasy, not SF, but ...
http://uncannymagazine.com/article/trump-christmas-carol/
.....Isn't SF an
acronym for Speculative Fiction, which includes fantasy?
Well, yes, except when it isn't. There are those who insist that
everything that isn't hard-core scientifiction is fantasy, which
maps to "dreck". Others draw the dividing line somewhere else.
Still others don't draw a line, and point and laugh at those who
try. As established in innumerable threads on this group since
the lower Pleistocene.
But, all fantasy is dreck ! Except the stuff that I like. And I am
reading Wen Spencer's latest fantasy book right now.
https://www.amazon.com/Black-Wolves-Boston-Wen-Spencer/dp/148148320X/
Oh, dear. Until I looked at your URL, I thought perhaps you were
reading _The Faerie Queene._

As for Ms. Spencer, I read her first book and found it way too
dark for me. Suum cuique.
2018-08-09 00:03:57 UTC
Post by D B Davis
The story's
"German chick" is actually Hungarian.
Well, Zsa Zsa Gabor, the "Queen of Outer Space", is certainly Hungarian. So is
Dennis Gabor, for that matter.

2018-08-09 05:00:43 UTC
Post by D B Davis
Pop culture typically eludes me, so it was gratifying for me to
correctly ID all of the ghosts in "A Trump Christmas Carol."
While Muhammad Ali identified himself, and Zsa Zsa Gabor wasn't hard to guess, the
second one eluded me. Even a Google search did not turn up anything much helpful.
I was thinking of a particular musical performer who I could not name, but
remembered what he looked like - perhaps David Bowie - but another possibility,
who at least *visited* Studio 54, is Mick Jagger, who, at least, is British.

2018-08-09 05:19:31 UTC
Post by D B Davis
Pop culture typically eludes me, so it was gratifying for me to
correctly ID all of the ghosts in "A Trump Christmas Carol."
While Muhammad Ali identified himself, and Zsa Zsa Gabor wasn't hard to guess, the
second one eluded me. Even a Google search did not turn up anything much helpful.
I was thinking of a particular musical performer who I could not name, but
remembered what he looked like - perhaps David Bowie - but another possibility,
who at least *visited* Studio 54, is Mick Jagger, who, at least, is British.
So was Bowie, and the mismatched eyes identify him, even to me.
2018-08-09 09:09:59 UTC
There's one where a chimpanzee becomes Prime Minister
of the United Kingdom after being trained to say some
of the best lines of other British politicians.
Coincidentally, it seems that one of the authors was
murdered by the KGB. But I assume the chimpanzee part
is fiction...
Dorothy J Heydt
2018-08-09 14:49:52 UTC
There's one where a chimpanzee becomes Prime Minister
of the United Kingdom after being trained to say some
of the best lines of other British politicians.
Coincidentally, it seems that one of the authors was
murdered by the KGB. But I assume the chimpanzee part
is fiction...
Has to be. Chimps have yet to undergo the million? years'
development necessary to acquire the lingual dexterity involved
in speech.

Now, if the UK had trained an African Grey Parrot to repeat some
of the best lines of other British poiticians ... it might have
learned to repeat them *in context*, and have been a better PM
han some others have been.
t***@gmail.com
What would happen if Doctor Who merged with Donald Trump?
D B Davis
2018-08-12 16:57:12 UTC
Post by t***@gmail.com
Post by D B Davis
[...]
Donald Who?

(#nevertrump nirvana is a world that never heard of a man named
Trump.)

Don
Kevrob
2018-08-12 17:18:17 UTC
Post by D B Davis
Post by t***@gmail.com
What would happen if Doctor Who merged with Donald Trump?
Donald Who?
(#nevertrump nirvana is a world that never heard of a man named
Trump.)
The DoctorDonald, of course!

See:

http://tardis.wikia.com/wiki/Donna_Noble

Would DJT want to merge with Jodie Whittaker? I think she's
very attractive, but she is over 35. Trump would freak if
he knew he was "hooking up" with someone who, by one frame
of reference, is over 4.5 mullion years old!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Doctor_(Doctor_Who)#Age

2018-08-12 17:44:36 UTC
.....is over 4.5 mullion years old!
Correction: million, not mullion.

Imagine having to clean all those windows!

If DJT was driving, people would be tempted to call
the timeship a re-TARDIS. :)

Kevin R
t***@gmail.com
2018-08-12 22:30:32 UTC
Billion!
Kevrob
2018-08-12 22:37:31 UTC
Post by t***@gmail.com
Post by Kevrob
.....is over 4.5 mullion years old!
Correction: million, not mullion.
Billion!
KO! Bullion! :)

Kevin R
t***@gmail.com
2018-08-12 22:42:15 UTC
Post by t***@gmail.com
Post by Kevrob
.....is over 4.5 mullion years old!
Correction: million, not mullion.
Billion!
KO! Bullion! :)
Cubes?

Dorothy J Heydt
2018-08-12 21:17:51 UTC
Post by D B Davis
Post by t***@gmail.com
What would happen if Doctor Who merged with Donald Trump?
Donald Who?
(#nevertrump nirvana is a world that never heard of a man named
Trump.)
The DoctorDonald, of course!
http://tardis.wikia.com/wiki/Donna_Noble
Would DJT want to merge with Jodie Whittaker? I think she's
very attractive, but she is over 35. Trump would freak if
he knew he was "hooking up" with someone who, by one frame
of reference, is over 4.5 mullion years old!
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Doctor_(Doctor_Who)#Age
Always assuming the "sky" inside the confession dial was moving
in "real" time.
2018-08-12 17:10:58 UTC
Post by D B Davis
Post by t***@gmail.com
Post by D B Davis
[...]
Actually, the Doctor, who isn't running for office (he got
elected President of the World by unanimous acclaim, IIRC) and
doesn't have to please anybody's "base", would do something to
get Trump off-planet.

Remember the two-parter, "Human Nature" / "The Family of Blood"?
The Doctor goes into hiding as a human ... in 1914. At the end,
he entraps the four Family members in various ways, one in a
mirror; one in a scarecrow, watching over the fields of England.
And the narrator ssys, ~"Now I realize why the Doctor hid from
us. It was not because he was afraid. It was because he was
kind."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Family_of_Blood
Post by D B Davis
(#nevertrump nirvana is a world that never heard of a man named
Trump.)
Where can I buy a ticket?