[translation] The Empire of Corpses by Ryoutarou Makihara
2018-06-07 13:34:35 UTC
The Empire of Corpses by Ryoutarou Makihara

https://jamesdavisnicoll.com/review/one-for-your-dreams
2018-06-07 16:40:13 UTC
I feel impelled to note that Empire of Corpses was published posthumously. Well, of course it was.
James Nicoll
2018-06-07 19:02:59 UTC
The Empire of Corpses by Ryoutarou Makihara
https://jamesdavisnicoll.com/review/one-for-your-dreams
I feel impelled to note that Empire of Corpses was published
posthumously. Well, of course it was.
Didn't Project Itoh spend his entire career terminally ill?
2018-06-07 19:14:25 UTC
The Empire of Corpses by Ryoutarou Makihara
https://jamesdavisnicoll.com/review/one-for-your-dreams
My Tolkien-based assumptions took a while to adjust to "The One"
being Frankenstein's monster, not God.
I feel impelled to note that Empire of Corpses was published
posthumously. Well, of course it was.
Didn't Project Itoh spend his entire career terminally ill?
Was *Project* Itoh actually the name of a person? Or the pseud
of a committee?

Kind of like the original Chip Livingstone (with an E)?

https://books.google.com/books?id=G2m43atUoOEC&pg=PA170&lpg=PA170&dq=Chip+Livingstone&source=bl&ots=NwPNCqbFuF&sig=4fMUtpTQMLjCqboEcW2kaAjyGSc&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjpubznoMLbAhVI71QKHXOHCZgQ6AEISzAJ#v=onepage&q=Chip%20Livingstone&f=false
It was the pen name of an author whose real name was Satoshi Ito (or Ito Satoshi in his native land)
James Nicoll
2018-06-07 22:25:46 UTC
The Empire of Corpses by Ryoutarou Makihara
https://jamesdavisnicoll.com/review/one-for-your-dreams
My Tolkien-based assumptions took a while to adjust to "The One"
being Frankenstein's monster, not God.
I feel impelled to note that Empire of Corpses was published
posthumously. Well, of course it was.
Didn't Project Itoh spend his entire career terminally ill?
Was *Project* Itoh actually the name of a person? Or the pseud
of a committee?
Pen name of a person.
He had cancer that limited his career to only a few years.
Magewolf
2018-06-07 18:18:17 UTC
The Empire of Corpses by Ryoutarou Makihara
https://jamesdavisnicoll.com/review/one-for-your-dreams
Yes it could have been a better movie if they had cut thirty minutes out
of it. In this case there is a reason that they the female lead could
look that way but it probably would not have made a difference if there
was not.

What did you make of the ending? As I remember it at the time of
release there was rather popular theory that everyone was dead.
James Nicoll
2018-06-07 19:03:30 UTC
Post by Magewolf
Post by James Nicoll
The Empire of Corpses by Ryoutarou Makihara
https://jamesdavisnicoll.com/review/one-for-your-dreams
Yes it could have been a better movie if they had cut thirty minutes out
of it. In this case there is a reason that they the female lead could
look that way but it probably would not have made a difference if there
was not.
What did you make of the ending? As I remember it at the time of
release there was rather popular theory that everyone was dead.
Dead or worse, I think.