Pearls Before Swine: Conversational Disagreements
2021-05-26 18:18:45 UTC
Pearls Before Swine: Conversational Disagreements
https://www.gocomics.com/pearlsbeforeswine/2021/05/25

Oh yeah, this matches every conversation that I have nowadays.

Lynn
William Hyde
2021-05-26 19:59:48 UTC
Pearls Before Swine: Conversational Disagreements
https://www.gocomics.com/pearlsbeforeswine/2021/05/25
Oh yeah, this matches every conversation that I have nowadays.
Lynn
I don't watch cooking shows, but I know who some of the stars are via commercials.

I saw an excerpted section in which someone asked Gordon Ramsay whether or not you took the teabags out. His face assumed an expression of incredible fatigue and world-weariness as he quietly said "you take them out".

The question being so stupid that he could not summon up his trademark rage, perhaps.

Of course in some places the water is so bad that you don't take them out. Or put them in.

William Hyde
Kevrob
2021-05-26 21:44:49 UTC
Post by William Hyde
Post by Lynn McGuire
Pearls Before Swine: Conversational Disagreements
https://www.gocomics.com/pearlsbeforeswine/2021/05/25
Oh yeah, this matches every conversation that I have nowadays.
Lynn
I don't watch cooking shows, but I know who some of the stars are via commercials.
I saw an excerpted section in which someone asked Gordon Ramsay whether or not you took the teabags out. His face assumed an expression of incredible fatigue and world-weariness as he quietly said "you take them out".
The question being so stupid that he could not summon up his trademark rage, perhaps.
Of course in some places the water is so bad that you don't take them out. Or put them in.
"Out" of where? I take them out of my teapot, if I remember to.
I don't know when the last time I made 1 cup of tea in a mug or
teacup was. A truer Tea Snob would recoil at tea _bags._ Only
loose tea will do, and then does one strain the tea or use an
infuser? I have a mesh doohickey that fits in my teapot so
that once the brew has steeped, I can lift the leaves out.
2021-05-26 21:54:51 UTC
On Wednesday, May 26, 2021 at 3:59:51 PM UTC-4, William Hyde
On Wednesday, May 26, 2021 at 2:18:51 PM UTC-4, Lynn McGuire
Post by Lynn McGuire
[...]
Starbucks puts the tea bags into the paper cup, and then puts on a
lid that I wouldn't want to try to remove while it's still full of
shot tea. Makes the tea taste like paper. (It was a gift card. And
their muffins aren't bad.)

Lynn:
(May 2019 total for people arrested for entering the United States
illegally is over 132,000 for just the southwest border.)

2021-05-27 01:36:12 UTC
Post by William Hyde
Post by William Hyde
Of course in some places the water is so bad that you don't take them
out. Or put them in.
"Out" of where? I take them out of my teapot, if I remember to.
I don't know when the last time I made 1 cup of tea in a mug or
teacup was. A truer Tea Snob would recoil at tea _bags._ Only
loose tea will do, and then does one strain the tea or use an
infuser? I have a mesh doohickey that fits in my teapot so
that once the brew has steeped, I can lift the leaves out.
Well, I have just asked Hal (who cooks breakfast) to make me a
single mug of tea (with a teabag) rather than a potful (three
mugs' worth, with tea leaves). Three mugsful give me a slight
tendency to float away.
Www.kithrup.com/~djheydt/
Kevrob
2021-05-27 03:47:39 UTC
Post by William Hyde
Post by William Hyde
Of course in some places the water is so bad that you don't take them
out. Or put them in.
"Out" of where? I take them out of my teapot, if I remember to.
I don't know when the last time I made 1 cup of tea in a mug or
teacup was. A truer Tea Snob would recoil at tea _bags._ Only
loose tea will do, and then does one strain the tea or use an
infuser? I have a mesh doohickey that fits in my teapot so
that once the brew has steeped, I can lift the leaves out.
Well, I have just asked Hal (who cooks breakfast) to make me a
single mug of tea (with a teabag) rather than a potful (three
mugs' worth, with tea leaves). Three mugsful give me a slight
tendency to float away.
I used to have something quite like this:

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Mainstays-Stainless-Steel-Tea-Ball-with-Spring-action-Handle/600079359

Just right for one mug of tea.

Some "tea balls" are just on a little chain, rather than
a handle, if squeezing it open is a problem. On one
of my holiday visits to my sisters, it seems Santa left
a stocking for me with the dingus and a selection of loose
tea. Very thoughtful of the old gentleman.

One December I gave everyone who attended those gatherings
a mini-teapot and a 40-count box of Barry's, so they could brew
something drinkable at work. Those went over well. IMS, they
came with the insert for loose tea. I even found Barry's Decaf
for my one sibling who claims the merest hint of caffeine will
deprive that sensitive one of sleep.

I was working at a bookstore with an attached *$s. I never
bought coffee from them, but I boiled water in a "hot pot" of
the type we used to heat soup when I lived in college dorms.
I brewed my own tea in a "Wally from Dilbert" - sized mug with
a lid to avoid spillage. As for bakery from the neighbors, I did
like their scones. Upthread Terry A mentioned he liked their
muffins.
2021-05-27 04:17:28 UTC
Post by William Hyde
Post by William Hyde
[...]
The one time I was in the UK, I saw a billboard with the caption,
"All you need to start out in business." There was a picture of
the computer they were selling, and an electric teakettle. How
charming, how thoroughly British.
Post by Kevrob
I was working at a bookstore with an attached *$s. I never
bought coffee from them, but I boiled water in a "hot pot" of
the type we used to heat soup when I lived in college dorms.
I brewed my own tea in a "Wally from Dilbert" - sized mug with
a lid to avoid spillage. As for bakery from the neighbors, I did
like their scones. Upthread Terry A mentioned he liked their
muffins.
We have some tea balls too, but it's easier for Hal (who has to cook
breakfast anyway, because he cooks it on an induction burner that I
can't get within two feet of when it's on, 'cause I have a pacemarker)
to use a teabag.
Www.kithrup.com/~djheydt/
William Hyde
2021-05-27 18:59:06 UTC
Post by William Hyde
Post by William Hyde
Post by Lynn McGuire
[...]
Quite right too, but I am too lazy to use it often.

Post by William Hyde
infuser? I have a mesh doohickey that fits in my teapot so
that once the brew has steeped, I can lift the leaves out.
I used something like this when I was less lazy.

William Hyde

Default User
2021-05-27 06:00:11 UTC
Pearls Before Swine: Conversational Disagreements
https://www.gocomics.com/pearlsbeforeswine/2021/05/25
Oh yeah, this matches every conversation that I have nowadays.
I will admit that I don't understand leaving the bag in. Your tea would
continually change flavor as time when on. I know it's kind of a trope
on TV and comics, so thay you can tell that the person has tea rather
than coffee.

I have one cup of tea per day, strongly brewed with sweetener. Today
was "Lemon Lift", black tea with lemon flavoring.

Brian