[tor dot com] The Year's Best Science Fiction: Sixth Annual Collection by Gardner Dozois
2021-05-27 13:37:33 UTC
The Year's Best Science Fiction: Sixth Annual Collection by Gardner Dozois

https://jamesdavisnicoll.com/review/a-shadow-hanging-over-me
2021-05-28 12:23:45 UTC
Perhaps the Usenet subject line should not say "tor dot com"?
James Nicoll
2021-05-28 13:33:45 UTC
The Year's Best Science Fiction: Sixth Annual Collection by Gardner Dozois
https://jamesdavisnicoll.com/review/a-shadow-hanging-over-me
Perhaps the Usenet subject line should not say "tor dot com"?
I just realized that but there is no way to edit past articles on usenet.
2021-05-31 14:09:57 UTC
James Nicoll wrote at:

https://jamesdavisnicoll.com/review/a-shadow-hanging-over-me
"Dozois, unlike some people I could mention, actually believed in letting years run to their end before deciding which works of that year were best."
As he --and, unless I am mistaken, the other Year's Best compilers-- don't specify a year of the Common Era, they are only constrained to some period of 365 and some consecutive days!
-Jack
James Nicoll
2021-05-31 14:28:50 UTC
https://jamesdavisnicoll.com/review/a-shadow-hanging-over-me
"Dozois, unlike some people I could mention, actually believed in letting
years run to their end before deciding which works of that year were best."
As he --and, unless I am mistaken, the other Year's Best compilers-- don't
specify a year of the Common Era, they are only constrained to some period of
365 and some consecutive days!
Technically true but GD restricted himself to specific calendar years.
2021-06-01 21:41:53 UTC
https://jamesdavisnicoll.com/review/a-shadow-hanging-over-me
"Dozois, unlike some people I could mention, actually believed in letting
years run to their end before deciding which works of that year were best."
As he --and, unless I am mistaken, the other Year's Best compilers-- don't
specify a year of the Common Era, they are only constrained to some period of
365 and some consecutive days!
Technically true but GD restricted himself to specific calendar years.
--
One can edit thread titles, though.