Freefall: a fire hose of information
2019-10-28 17:10:19 UTC
Freefall: a fire hose of information
http://freefall.purrsia.com/ff3400/fc03349.htm

Welcome to today's life, a fire hose of information.

2019-10-28 21:55:41 UTC
Freefall: a fire hose of information
http://freefall.purrsia.com/ff3400/fc03349.htm
Welcome to today's life, a fire hose of information.
Today, the problem is straining information from
the torrent of data.

In the comic, it may turn out that a cup of knowledge
is a dangerous thing.

Apparently the "fountain of all knowledge" is God.

Usually, a fountain seems less than a fire hose, but
there is that one in Geneva that they showed in
"The Champions", apparently named "The Jet of Water".
Quadibloc
2019-10-31 22:41:18 UTC
Today, the problem is straining information from
the torrent of data.
In the comic, it may turn out that a cup of knowledge
is a dangerous thing.
Apparently the "fountain of all knowledge" is God.
Usually, a fountain seems less than a fire hose, but
there is that one in Geneva that they showed in
"The Champions", apparently named "The Jet of Water".
Well, if we go back to the original quote...

A little learning is a dang'rous thing;
Drink deep, or taste not the Pierian spring.

...Alexander Pope, from "An Essay on Criticism",

although I've heard of another related quote in French

Un peu de science éloigne de Dieu, beaucoup de science y ramène.

...attributed to Louis Pasteur, but also to Francis Bacon.

Ah, yes, in "Of Atheism", Francis Bacon wrote

It is true, that a little philosophy inclineth man’s mind to atheism; but depth
in philosophy bringeth men’s minds about to religion.

which got much quoted and much paraphrased.