YASID: Judge Crater -- not "The Man Who Walked Around Horses"
2020-04-01 21:11:12 UTC
Read around the late '70s to early '80s, could be from earlier. Could be a variation on the Judge Crater disappearance story, or just namedropped him. A man disappears walking on a crowded street. Then an unrelated case of another person disappearing... eventually the whole thing winds up in some kind of punchline, which I forget. It had third-person reportorial style: facts and dates are given, but the manner is a bit facetious, like the entries in The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy. It isn't "The Men Who Murdered Mohamed", either.
-Jack
Dorothy J Heydt
2020-04-01 23:09:55 UTC
Post by Jack Bohn
Read around the late '70s to early '80s, could be from earlier. Could
be a variation on the Judge Crater disappearance story, or just
namedropped him. A man disappears walking on a crowded street. Then an
unrelated case of another person disappearing... eventually the whole
thing winds up in some kind of punchline, which I forget. It had
third-person reportorial style: facts and dates are given, but the
manner is a bit facetious, like the entries in The Hitchhiker's Guide to
the Galaxy. It isn't "The Men Who Murdered Mohamed", either.
Not that it helps answer your question, but the man who walked
around the horses and disappeared was Benjamin Bathurst.