The disappearance of John M. Ford
Add Reply
b***@dontspam.silent.com
2019-11-21 20:46:24 UTC
On Wed, 20 Nov 2019 15:51:53 -0800 (PST), Tim McCaffrey
https://slate.com/culture/2019/11/john-ford-science-fiction-fantasy-books.html
I read "How Much for Just the Planet" when it came out and loved it.
Klingons and Kirk playing golf was just so good.
Moriarty
2019-11-21 21:40:39 UTC
Post by b***@dontspam.silent.com
On Wed, 20 Nov 2019 15:51:53 -0800 (PST), Tim McCaffrey
https://slate.com/culture/2019/11/john-ford-science-fiction-fantasy-books.html
I read "How Much for Just the Planet" when it came out and loved it.
Klingons and Kirk playing golf was just so good.
I wish William December Starr still posted here. I've never read HMFJTP but I did enjoy him airing his dislike for it. I suspect some posters praised it just to get a rise out of him.

-Moriarty
David Goldfarb
2019-11-22 06:24:01 UTC
Post by b***@dontspam.silent.com
On Wed, 20 Nov 2019 15:51:53 -0800 (PST), Tim McCaffrey
https://slate.com/culture/2019/11/john-ford-science-fiction-fantasy-books.html
I read "How Much for Just the Planet" when it came out and loved it.
Klingons and Kirk playing golf was just so good.
Tor won't be re-publishing that, or _The Final Reflection_, because
the rights to those weren't owned by the estate. Good as they are,
the other books (from _Growing Up Weightless_ to _The Dragon Waiting_)
are so much better.
--
David Goldfarb |"I've always had a hard time getting up when
***@gmail.com | it's dark outside."