other universes
The Starmaker
2019-01-03 07:10:16 UTC
if
there
are
other
universes..

there
certaintly
will
not
be
any
stars
in
it..

or
planets
or
rocks
or
things.

--- news://freenews.netfront.net/ - complaints: ***@netfront.net ---
c***@optonline.net
2019-01-03 13:55:38 UTC
UNIVERSE means EVERYTHING, so there can be only one.
The Starmaker
2019-01-03 17:18:02 UTC
Post by c***@optonline.net
UNIVERSE means EVERYTHING, so there can be only one.
but i wrote "universes" with an 's' , it's plural...meaning more than one.

My 'observations' of another universe (next to ours) shows that there is nothing in it.

In other words, to be clear..

everything that it takes
for another universe to contain
everything in it like ours
doesn't show up.

It's blank.

There is nothing in it.

It's dark.

Ours
is
filled
with
stars.

--- news://freenews.netfront.net/ - complaints: ***@netfront.net ---
The Starmaker
2019-01-03 19:11:59 UTC
On Thursday, January 3, 2019 at 7:55:36 AM UTC-6, casagi...
Post by c***@optonline.net
UNIVERSE means EVERYTHING, so there can be only one.
I think by other universes people mean other gigantic gravitation collected
groups of galaxies or parallel universes.
But you are right, there can be only one everything.
How can you have one everything if one is one and everything is a group of more than one????

Of course there may be other universes with...broken stars.

But only one that works as well as ours...

not as well, but works.
Chris M. Thomasson
2019-01-03 22:16:22 UTC
Post by c***@optonline.net
UNIVERSE means EVERYTHING, so there can be only one.
Fantasy land thoughts, warning:
____________________
Imagine slices of a higher dimensional object. Each slice can be
infinite in detail, wrt a fractal. We can infinitely zoom in on any
detail/artifact we want to. Therefore, each individual slice can hold
all information, true or not, think library of Babel. However, there are
an infinite number of slices comprising the larger object. Another
library wrt a different way of viewing the slices, say, volumetrically?
____________________

Here is a strange infinite bug, rendered wrt a volume of slices, 256^3,
or 256x256x256:

http://siggrapharts.ning.com/photo/bug-time

;^)
Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn
2019-01-04 01:01:28 UTC
UNIVERSE means EVERYTHING so there can be only one
The term was coined by philosophers around 63 BCE.

This is science and the year is 2018 CE.

F’up2 sci.physics.relativity
--
PointedEars

Twitter: @PointedEars2