"23 Best Fantasy Mystery Books" by Dan Livingston
2020-05-10 07:01:45 UTC
"23 Best Fantasy Mystery Books" by Dan Livingston
https://fantasybookworld.com/23-best-fantasy-mystery-books/

Wow, I have read only 3 out of 23. The "Rosemary and Rue", "The Good,
the Bad, and the Undead", and the awesome "Storm Front".

2020-05-10 13:29:59 UTC
"23 Best Fantasy Mystery Books" by Dan Livingston
https://fantasybookworld.com/23-best-fantasy-mystery-books/
Wow, I have read only 3 out of 23. The "Rosemary and Rue", "The Good,
the Bad, and the Undead", and the awesome "Storm Front".
Rosemary & Rue
Magic Bites
Blood Price
Nightingale's Lament
Murder & Magic
The Hollow Chocolate Bunnies of the Apocalypse
The Good, The Bad and the Undead
Dead Until Dark
Soulless
Storm Front
Men At Arms

I'd query Rosemary & Rue, it's Seanan's first book at several of the later books in the series are stronger mysteries
Chris Buckley
2020-05-10 14:07:56 UTC
"23 Best Fantasy Mystery Books" by Dan Livingston
https://fantasybookworld.com/23-best-fantasy-mystery-books/
Wow, I have read only 3 out of 23. The "Rosemary and Rue", "The Good,
the Bad, and the Undead", and the awesome "Storm Front".
Lynn
I've read 11 of them, but while there are several good books among them,
the percentage of "Favorite" books is much lower; I don't whether I
don't like the genre as much or there just aren't enough books in the
genre.

Jasper Fforde's _The Eyre Affair_ is the only one in my Favorite's
bookcase. It's a very imaginative, unique world where classical
English literature is important in ways beyond what even an English
professor would dream of. The series as a whole remained good, but
in my opinion the appeal diminished a bit with every volume.

The MacAvoy book was at one time on my Favorite's bookcase, but it
hasn't held up to rereading as well as others. Other recommended
books would be the Wells and the Pratchett, and the Garrett is what
I would call the defining book of the genre.

Chris
Jaimie Vandenbergh
2020-05-10 14:17:02 UTC
Post by Chris Buckley
Post by Lynn McGuire
"23 Best Fantasy Mystery Books" by Dan Livingston
https://fantasybookworld.com/23-best-fantasy-mystery-books/
Wow, I have read only 3 out of 23. The "Rosemary and Rue", "The Good,
the Bad, and the Undead", and the awesome "Storm Front".
Lynn
I've read 11 of them, but while there are several good books among them,
the percentage of "Favorite" books is much lower; I don't whether I
don't like the genre as much or there just aren't enough books in the
genre.
Jasper Fforde's _The Eyre Affair_ is the only one in my Favorite's
bookcase. It's a very imaginative, unique world where classical
English literature is important in ways beyond what even an English
professor would dream of. The series as a whole remained good, but
in my opinion the appeal diminished a bit with every volume.
Fforde's non-Thursday books are well worth looking into, particularly the
spectacular Shades Of Grey (no, not that one). Jasper has a great line in
consistent but surreal worlds.

Cheers - Jaimie
Sent from my Sinclair ZX-81
Default User
2020-05-19 02:18:43 UTC
"23 Best Fantasy Mystery Books" by Dan Livingston
https://fantasybookworld.com/23-best-fantasy-mystery-books/
I thought I might get skunked on this one. I have read some short from Butcher and Garret, but the only novel I've read on the list was Men at Arms. So 1-fer.

Brian