If not Gretchen Whitmer, then who?
2020-05-07 01:59:22 UTC
Michigan governor Gretchen Whitmer was noted as one prominent woman in the
Democratic party whose policy positions were similar to those of Joe Biden, thus
making her a possible choice for vice-presidential candidate.

Now that allegations against Joe Biden have been raised, a serious issue has
arisen for the Democratic party. Of course they could be dismissed as unproven,
but previously the Democrats have shown a strong propensity for believing women.

And if being a Supreme Court justice is a privilege - unlike just not being in
jail, which is why criminal trials need proof - certainly being President of the
United States is a privilege too.

So the Democratic party is in a difficult situation; it's making itself an easy
target for accusations of hypocrisy.

But what can it do?

Gretchen Whitmer is not really interested in leaving her home state at this
critical time. And some of her measures - closing the garden sections of stores
allowed to be open - are unpopular as they seem to be unnecessary. So there's a
real question about whether she could be elected President.

So much has been done to blacken Hillary Clinton's reputation that it probably
wouldn't make sense for her to run again either.

I've thought of one other possibility. Unfortunately, she's never been in
politics; as far as I know, although she has written a book, otherwise she has
primarily been only a wife and mother, which are honorable callings, but still
not generally considered good qualifications for leadership.

So I don't think that the Democrats could advance Michelle Obama as their
candidate - on the basis that only by having a woman as their candidate can they
be confident that no accusations of sexual impropriety are going to surface
between now and the election.

2020-05-07 02:26:34 UTC
[...]
Uh, Quadi, Joe has the delegates, the only way he's not going to be
the candidate is if he drops dead and even that doesn't guarantee that
he won't (more than one dead person has won an election).
danny burstein
2020-05-07 02:38:01 UTC
In <***@4ax.com> J. Clarke <***@gmail.com> writes:

[snip]
Post by J. Clarke
Uh, Quadi, Joe has the delegates, the only way he's not going to be
the candidate is if he drops dead and even that doesn't guarantee that
he won't (more than one dead person has won an election).
Now, now. Let's not dig up that whole Mel Carnahan, who
was dead, beating John Ashcroft in that US Senate race
in Missouri in (clickety click) 2000...
***@panix.com
Ninapenda Jibini
2020-05-07 03:14:00 UTC
Post by danny burstein
[snip]
Post by J. Clarke
Uh, Quadi, Joe has the delegates, the only way he's not going to
be the candidate is if he drops dead and even that doesn't
guarantee that he won't (more than one dead person has won an
election).
Now, now. Let's not dig up that whole Mel Carnahan, who
was dead, beating John Ashcroft in that US Senate race
in Missouri in (clickety click) 2000...
That one actually makes more sense than most of the dead people who
have won elections. (It was quite a while before the election, and
the governor had announced who he'd appoint to fill the seat. So
people were really voting for her.)

Lynn:

danny burstein
2020-05-07 03:20:22 UTC
In <***@69.16.179.43> Ninapenda Jibini <***@gmail.com> writes:

[snip]
Post by Ninapenda Jibini
Post by danny burstein
Now, now. Let's not dig up that whole Mel Carnahan, who
was dead, beating John Ashcroft in that US Senate race
in Missouri in (clickety click) 2000...
That one actually makes more sense than most of the dead people who
have won elections. (It was quite a while before the election, and
the governor had announced who he'd appoint to fill the seat. So
people were really voting for her.)
Spoilsport!
***@panix.com
Ninapenda Jibini
2020-05-07 14:19:52 UTC
Post by danny burstein
[snip]
Post by Ninapenda Jibini
Post by danny burstein
Now, now. Let's not dig up that whole Mel Carnahan, who
was dead, beating John Ashcroft in that US Senate race
in Missouri in (clickety click) 2000...
That one actually makes more sense than most of the dead people
who have won elections. (It was quite a while before the
election, and the governor had announced who he'd appoint to
fill the seat. So people were really voting for her.)
Spoilsport!
I lived in Missouri in my high school years, and please believe me
when I say it's a great place to be from, and the farther from the
better. The only thing I left behind was bad memories.

But there's so much to point and laugh at there that we don't need
to make up any more.

Lynn:

danny burstein
2020-05-07 15:16:09 UTC

Post by Ninapenda Jibini
I lived in Missouri in my high school years, and please believe me
when I say it's a great place to be from, and the farther from the
better. The only thing I left behind was bad memories.
So you're saying that Missouri is the Stella, Dear, from Star Trek?
***@panix.com
2020-05-07 16:44:21 UTC
Post by danny burstein
[snip]
Post by Ninapenda Jibini
I lived in Missouri in my high school years, and please believe me
when I say it's a great place to be from, and the farther from the
better. The only thing I left behind was bad memories.
So you're saying that Missouri is the Stella, Dear, from Star Trek?
My Missouri-equivalent is/was Kettleman City, California, back in
the 1950s. It was almost literally a wide spot in a State
Highway. It was surrounded by miles and miles of nothing, and
the only industry in town was the elementary school where my
father taught sixth grade. (There was also a tiny library,
nothing worth reading in it, and a general store/post office.)

Now, Interstate 5 runs right past it, and it's turned into a
forest of gas stations, chain restaurants, and probably some
motels. I'm not sure whether this is an improvement.
2020-05-07 18:06:55 UTC
the only industry in town was the elementary school where my
father taught sixth grade. (There was also a tiny library,
nothing worth reading in it. (...)
Ah, memories of the Baden public library, which did its best with a limited
budget.

In retrospect, while Josephsberg Public School had a very limited library even
for a two room rural schoolhouse*, North Wilmot Public, Wilmot Senior Public,
and Waterloo Oxford DSS had pretty good libraries, considering.

* Yay for bookmobiles.
2020-05-08 00:36:21 UTC
the only industry in town was the elementary school where my
father taught sixth grade. (There was also a tiny library,
nothing worth reading in it. (...)
Ah, memories of the Baden public library, which did its best with a limited
budget.
In retrospect, while Josephsberg Public School had a very limited library even
for a two room rural schoolhouse*, North Wilmot Public, Wilmot Senior Public,
and Waterloo Oxford DSS had pretty good libraries, considering.
* Yay for bookmobiles.
There were no bookmobiles in Kettleman City. The nearest town of
any size was Avenal, fifteen or twenty miles away across the
Kettleman Hills. Some of the students from Kettleman were bussed
there to high school; I was in the other group, who were bussed
north to Lemoore (about twice as far).
William Hyde
2020-05-07 21:05:09 UTC
Post by danny burstein
[snip]
Post by Ninapenda Jibini
I lived in Missouri in my high school years, and please believe me
when I say it's a great place to be from, and the farther from the
better. The only thing I left behind was bad memories.
So you're saying that Missouri is the Stella, Dear, from Star Trek?
My Missouri-equivalent is/was Kettleman City, California, back in
the 1950s. It was almost literally a wide spot in a State
Highway. It was surrounded by miles and miles of nothing, and
the only industry in town was the elementary school where my
father taught sixth grade. (There was also a tiny library,
nothing worth reading in it, and a general store/post office.)
But you were just down the road from Stratford and all the Theatre!

Have you read Jack Vance's "Joe Bain" mysteries? Set a few hundred miles north, I think, and a generation later.

William Hyde
Dorothy J Heydt
2020-05-08 00:40:52 UTC
Post by William Hyde
Post by Dorothy J Heydt
Post by danny burstein
[snip]
Post by Ninapenda Jibini
I lived in Missouri in my high school years, and please believe me
when I say it's a great place to be from, and the farther from the
better. The only thing I left behind was bad memories.
So you're saying that Missouri is the Stella, Dear, from Star Trek?
My Missouri-equivalent is/was Kettleman City, California, back in
the 1950s. It was almost literally a wide spot in a State
Highway. It was surrounded by miles and miles of nothing, and
the only industry in town was the elementary school where my
father taught sixth grade. (There was also a tiny library,
nothing worth reading in it, and a general store/post office.)
But you were just down the road from Stratford and all the Theatre!
WHAT????

(looks at map)

Yeah, there's a Stratford on the map, with a population of about
1200. Now. I *think* (though it's been some 65 years now) that
we may have gotten Stratford students at Kettleman Elementary.
They have their own elementary school now. And the closest thing
to a theatre was the musical the eighth grade put on every year
for the faculty and parents. I could describe it but I won't.
2020-05-08 08:31:00 UTC
Post by William Hyde
Post by Dorothy J Heydt
Post by danny burstein
[snip]
Post by Ninapenda Jibini
[...]
So not Shakespeare's Stratford then... (He worked in London, anyway.
But Stratford on Avon is all Shakespeared up now.)
Jibini Kula Tumbili Kujisalimisha
2020-05-07 23:32:05 UTC
Post by danny burstein
[snip]
Post by Ninapenda Jibini
I lived in Missouri in my high school years, and please believe
me when I say it's a great place to be from, and the farther
from the better. The only thing I left behind was bad memories.
So you're saying that Missouri is the Stella, Dear, from Star
Trek?
My Missouri-equivalent is/was Kettleman City, California, back
in the 1950s. It was almost literally a wide spot in a State
Highway.
Foley wasn't even a wide spot. The only reason it had a stop sign
was so they could hide it behind a bush and write tickets to
tourists driving through for running it. (Literally. Missouri law
prohibits municipalities from generating more than 10% of their
revenue (it was 20% then, I think) from traffic enforcement. An
audit by state determined that they were getting about 80% from
that, and speeding tickets from a speed litmit sign that was over a
mile from the nearest building, and literally behind a bush and not
visible from the highway.)

It was about 250 people in the 70s. It's down to less than 200 now.
And over 20% of them are convicted sex offenders, according to the
public records.

Lynn:
(May 2019 total for people arrested for entering the United States
illegally is over 132,000 for just the southwest border.)

2020-05-07 23:28:45 UTC
Post by danny burstein
[snip]
Post by Ninapenda Jibini
I lived in Missouri in my high school years, and please believe
me when I say it's a great place to be from, and the farther
from the better. The only thing I left behind was bad memories.
So you're saying that Missouri is the Stella, Dear, from Star
Trek?
That's an insult to Stella.

Since you asked, literally, the question mark is right there:

I lived on the edge of uncle/grandpa country. Not deep in the hear
of, but it was a place where gunsandbeer is one word, because "If God
didn't mean for us to drink and shoot at the same time, He wouldn't
have made beer bottles such damn fine targets." Strange things
happend to a culture whe you marry first cousins for 300 years.

2020-05-08 00:42:43 UTC
Post by Jibini Kula Tumbili Kujisalimisha
Post by danny burstein
[snip]
Post by Ninapenda Jibini
I lived in Missouri in my high school years, and please believe
me when I say it's a great place to be from, and the farther
from the better. The only thing I left behind was bad memories.
So you're saying that Missouri is the Stella, Dear, from Star
Trek?
That's an insult to Stella.
I lived on the edge of uncle/grandpa country. Not deep in the hear
of, but it was a place where gunsandbeer is one word, because "If God
didn't mean for us to drink and shoot at the same time, He wouldn't
have made beer bottles such damn fine targets." Strange things
happend to a culture whe you marry first cousins for 300 years.
Yeaaaah. For another example, vide the Hapsburgs. Google
Charles II of Spain for things that will probably make you say,
"Oh, yeah, just like Cousin Fred."

However, we have both escaped. Yay.
Ninapenda Jibini
2020-05-08 02:02:39 UTC
Post by Jibini Kula Tumbili Kujisalimisha
Post by danny burstein
[snip]
Post by Ninapenda Jibini
I lived in Missouri in my high school years, and please
believe me when I say it's a great place to be from, and the
farther from the better. The only thing I left behind was bad
memories.
So you're saying that Missouri is the Stella, Dear, from Star Trek?
That's an insult to Stella.
I lived on the edge of uncle/grandpa country. Not deep in the
hear of, but it was a place where gunsandbeer is one word,
because "If God didn't mean for us to drink and shoot at the
same time, He wouldn't have made beer bottles such damn fine
targets." Strange things happend to a culture whe you marry
first cousins for 300 years.
Yeaaaah. For another example, vide the Hapsburgs. Google
Charles II of Spain for things that will probably make you say,
"Oh, yeah, just like Cousin Fred."
They the Hapsburgs have extra fingers and webbed feet?
Post by Dorothy J Heydt
However, we have both escaped. Yay.
I have said for years that I didn't graduate high school so much as
escape it.

Lynn:

2020-05-08 02:32:37 UTC
Post by Jibini Kula Tumbili Kujisalimisha
Post by danny burstein
[snip]
Post by Ninapenda Jibini
I lived in Missouri in my high school years, and please
believe me when I say it's a great place to be from, and the
farther from the better. The only thing I left behind was bad
memories.
So you're saying that Missouri is the Stella, Dear, from Star Trek?
That's an insult to Stella.
I lived on the edge of uncle/grandpa country. Not deep in the
hear of, but it was a place where gunsandbeer is one word,
because "If God didn't mean for us to drink and shoot at the
same time, He wouldn't have made beer bottles such damn fine
targets." Strange things happend to a culture whe you marry
first cousins for 300 years.
Yeaaaah. For another example, vide the Hapsburgs. Google
Charles II of Spain for things that will probably make you say,
"Oh, yeah, just like Cousin Fred."
Then the Hapsburgs have extra fingers and webbed feet?
Not in any record that I've read.

Charles II, however, the last Spanish Habsburg, was sterile,
impotent, half-witted, and possessed of such an extreme Hapsburg
jaw (with a pronounced underbite) that he had difficulty both in
speaking and in eating.
Ninapenda Jibini
2020-05-07 03:12:23 UTC
On Wed, 6 May 2020 18:59:22 -0700 (PDT), Quadibloc
Post by Quadibloc
[...]
Well, what do you expect when dead people are voting in it?

Lynn:

2020-05-07 04:12:53 UTC
Post by Quadibloc
be confident that no accusations of sexual impropriety are going to surface
between now and the election.
Uh, Quadi, Joe has the delegates, the only way he's not going to be
the candidate is if he drops dead and even that doesn't guarantee that
he won't (more than one dead person has won an election).
Yeah, I bet they have. Do you have specifics at your fingertips?
2020-05-07 17:11:48 UTC
Post by Quadibloc
be confident that no accusations of sexual impropriety are going to surface
between now and the election.
Uh, Quadi, Joe has the delegates, the only way he's not going to be
the candidate is if he drops dead and even that doesn't guarantee that
he won't (more than one dead person has won an election).
Yeah, I bet they have. Do you have specifics at your fingertips?
He gave one, as you probably have seen by now.

It's not so hard to understand how this happens:

ballots have to be printed
which means they need to be finalized
which means that, after a certain point, they cannot be changed

So they /aren't/ changed just because a candidate dies. And the States
that do this may actually have laws that require it.
2020-05-07 22:34:28 UTC
Post by Quadibloc
be confident that no accusations of sexual impropriety are going to surface
between now and the election.
Uh, Quadi, Joe has the delegates, the only way he's not going to be
the candidate is if he drops dead and even that doesn't guarantee that
he won't (more than one dead person has won an election).
Yeah, I bet they have. Do you have specifics at your fingertips?
I thought that was fairly well known. But here are some examples:
<https://www.mentalfloss.com/article/26281/4-dead-politicians-who-still-got-elected>
Dorothy J Heydt
2020-05-07 02:24:04 UTC
[...]
And she has repeatedly told anyone who will listen that she's not
willing to run for public office.
2020-05-07 04:57:27 UTC
And she has repeatedly told anyone who will listen that she's not
willing to run for public office.
Well, I'm glad that she isn't trying to exploit name recognition to get a position
for which she is not qualified.

However, we are now in a time of national crisis, and it isn't as if she is less
qualified than the current incumbent.

Still, I'm not familiar enough with American politics - maybe there are
excellent alternative candidates the Democratic party has available to it as a
last-minute replacement for Biden.

2020-05-07 19:07:07 UTC
And she has repeatedly told anyone who will listen that she's not
willing to run for public office.
Well, I'm glad that she isn't trying to exploit name recognition to get a position
for which she is not qualified.
However, we are now in a time of national crisis, and it isn't as if she is less
qualified than the current incumbent.
Still, I'm not familiar enough with American politics - maybe there are
excellent alternative candidates the Democratic party has available to it as a
last-minute replacement for Biden.
John Savard
Wow, the TDS (Trump Derangement Syndrome) is strong in you.

The criteria for being President in the USA is purposely a low bar: 35
years of age, a natively born citizen, and a simple majority of the
Electoral College votes. There are some other criteria in case of a
tie, but the requirements are purposely kept low. No special degrees,
no sexual preferences, no military experience (although that might be
good), no level of income, no specific race, no previous involvement in
the political process, etc, etc, etc.

2020-05-08 03:26:55 UTC
And she has repeatedly told anyone who will listen that she's not
willing to run for public office.
Well, I'm glad that she isn't trying to exploit name recognition to get a position
for which she is not qualified.
However, we are now in a time of national crisis, and it isn't as if she is less
qualified than the current incumbent.
Still, I'm not familiar enough with American politics - maybe there are
excellent alternative candidates the Democratic party has available to it as a
last-minute replacement for Biden.
John Savard
Wow, the TDS (Trump Derangement Syndrome) is strong in you.
The criteria for being President in the USA is purposely a low bar: 35
years of age, a natively born citizen,...
That last is a frequent misquote of the Constitution.

[quote]

4. No person except a natural born Citizen, or a Citizen of the United
States, at the time of the adoption of this Constitution, shall be eligible
to the office of President; neither shall any person be eligible to that
office who shall not have attained to the age of thirty-five years, and
been fourteen years a resident within the United States.

[/quote] https://avalon.law.yale.edu/18th_century/art2.asp

A child born abroad with either or both parents already
US citizens does not need to be naturalized, and could serve.
Post by Lynn McGuire
and a simple majority of the Electoral College votes. There are
some other criteria in case of a tie, but the requirements are
purposely kept low. No special degrees, no sexual preferences,
no military experience (although that might be good), no level
of income, no specific race, no previous involvement in the
political process, etc, etc, etc.
This came up in the cases of Michigan Governor George Romney,
Mitt's Dad, back in `68. Barry Goldwater was born in the Arizona
Territory, before statehood, and Sen John McCain was born in the
Panama Canal Zone, on a US naval base, while the Zone was under
US administration, by treaty. Ted Cruz was born in Calgary, but
his mother was from Delaware. Obama's Mom was also born in Kansas,
so even if all that "birther" crap were true about his being born
in Kenya, he would still have been eligible.

Now former Michigan Governor Jennifer Granholm was naturalized
at age 21. She was born in Vancouver, BC, to Canadian parents.

{What is it about Michigan that attracts or produces hot female
politicos? Granholm was a teenage beauty queen and a "Dating Game"
contestant.}

danny burstein
2020-05-08 03:39:13 UTC
In <f1c738c1-b054-4321-9d3b-***@googlegroups.com> Kevrob <***@my-deja.com> writes:

[snip]
Post by Kevrob
Now former Michigan Governor Jennifer Granholm was naturalized
at age 21. She was born in Vancouver, BC, to Canadian parents.
{What is it about Michigan that attracts or produces hot female
politicos? Granholm was a teenage beauty queen and a "Dating Game"
contestant.}
Check out the Michigan Attorney General:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dana_Nessel
***@panix.com
2020-05-08 04:07:57 UTC
Post by danny burstein
[snip]
Post by Kevrob
Now former Michigan Governor Jennifer Granholm was naturalized
at age 21. She was born in Vancouver, BC, to Canadian parents.
{What is it about Michigan that attracts or produces hot female
politicos? Granholm was a teenage beauty queen and a "Dating Game"
contestant.}
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dana_Nessel
She looks pleasant enough, but I doubt I'm in her target demographic.

Kevin R
danny burstein
2020-05-08 04:09:08 UTC
In <b7c3a529-e9d7-4c66-97a3-***@googlegroups.com> Kevrob <***@my-deja.com> writes:

[snip]
Post by Kevrob
Post by danny burstein
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dana_Nessel
She looks pleasant enough, but I doubt I'm in her target demographic.
But your daughter might be...
***@panix.com
2020-05-08 04:18:01 UTC
Post by danny burstein
[snip]
Post by Kevrob
Post by danny burstein
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dana_Nessel
She looks pleasant enough, but I doubt I'm in her
target demographic.
But your daughter might be...
Theoretically, as I have no children.

Kevin R
Ninapenda Jibini
2020-05-08 05:08:25 UTC
On Friday, May 8, 2020 at 12:09:10 AM UTC-4, danny burstein
Post by danny burstein
[snip]
Post by Kevrob
Post by danny burstein
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dana_Nessel
She looks pleasant enough, but I doubt I'm in her
target demographic.
But your daughter might be...
Theoretically, as I have no children.
That you know of. I mean, it's possible the lizard aliens who
kidnapped you to examine on their flying saucer took DNA sampels
and created a hybrid clone child.

Lynn:

2020-05-08 05:37:37 UTC
Post by Ninapenda Jibini
On Friday, May 8, 2020 at 12:09:10 AM UTC-4, danny burstein
Post by danny burstein
[snip]
Post by Kevrob
Post by danny burstein
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dana_Nessel
She looks pleasant enough, but I doubt I'm in her
target demographic.
But your daughter might be...
Theoretically, as I have no children.
That you know of.
That was always funnier when Sandra Bernhard said it. :)
Post by Ninapenda Jibini
I mean, it's possible the lizard aliens who kidnapped you to
examine on their flying saucer took DNA sampels and created a
hybrid clone child.
Where do baby Deros come from?

2020-05-08 19:58:59 UTC
On Friday, May 8, 2020 at 1:08:27 AM UTC-4, Ninapenda Jibini
Post by Ninapenda Jibini
On Friday, May 8, 2020 at 12:09:10 AM UTC-4, danny burstein
Post by danny burstein
[snip]
Post by Ninapenda Jibini
I mean, it's possible the lizard aliens who kidnapped you to
examine on their flying saucer took DNA sampels and created a
hybrid clone child.
Where do baby Deros come from?
"Date of Expected Return from Overseas"?

2020-05-08 20:14:16 UTC
Post by Ninapenda Jibini
I mean, it's possible the lizard aliens who kidnapped you to
examine on their flying saucer took DNA sampels and created a
hybrid clone child.
Where do baby Deros come from?
"Date of Expected Return from Overseas"?
Boojums dreamed up by:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_Sharpe_Shaver

2020-05-08 20:17:33 UTC
Post by Kevrob
Post by Ninapenda Jibini
I mean, it's possible the lizard aliens who kidnapped you to
examine on their flying saucer took DNA sampels and created
a hybrid clone child.
Where do baby Deros come from?
"Date of Expected Return from Overseas"?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_Sharpe_Shaver
Honestly, I think mine makes more sense.

2020-05-08 04:37:05 UTC
Post by danny burstein
[snip]
Post by Kevrob
Post by danny burstein
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dana_Nessel
She looks pleasant enough, but I doubt I'm in her target demographic.
But your daughter might be...
Maybe not. Nessel is married.
2020-05-15 00:52:40 UTC
I now have a recommendation to the Democratic Party, should it seek a replacement
for Joe Biden as a Presidential candidate.

Rick Bright.

You want to solve a problem, give somebody who knows it's a problem the authority
to do the job.

2020-05-15 01:44:07 UTC
I now have a recommendation to the Democratic Party, should it seek a replacement
for Joe Biden as a Presidential candidate.
Rick Bright.
You want to solve a problem, give somebody who knows it's a problem the authority
to do the job.
John Savard
I will now prove even greater stupidity by recommending.....
.
.
.
.
.
scroll down

John Savard.
(Eligibility confirmed as 'born' in a USA manufactured Vat.)
Lynn McGuire
2020-05-15 02:22:19 UTC
I now have a recommendation to the Democratic Party, should it seek a replacement
for Joe Biden as a Presidential candidate.
Rick Bright.
You want to solve a problem, give somebody who knows it's a problem the authority
to do the job.
John Savard
Oh gosh, he could be the whiner-in-chief.

2020-05-15 03:20:08 UTC
On Thu, 14 May 2020 17:52:40 -0700 (PDT), Quadibloc
Post by Quadibloc
I now have a recommendation to the Democratic Party, should it seek a replacement
for Joe Biden as a Presidential candidate.
Rick Bright.
You want to solve a problem, give somebody who knows it's a problem the authority
to do the job.
The problem, since you don't seem to grasp it, is winning an election.
Some guy nobody ever heard of is unlikely to manage it.
2020-05-15 18:25:15 UTC
Post by Quadibloc
I now have a recommendation to the Democratic Party, should it seek a replacement
for Joe Biden as a Presidential candidate.
Rick Bright.
You want to solve a problem, give somebody who knows it's a problem the authority
to do the job.
The problem, since you don't seem to grasp it, is winning an election.
Some guy nobody ever heard of is unlikely to manage it.
Oh no, Quaddie wants to make the wannabe whiner-in-chief the dictator
for life over us.

BTW, how do I get a $285K/year job where I fake sick and go home to
contemplate how much I hate the President ?

2020-05-16 15:56:29 UTC
On Fri, 15 May 2020 13:25:15 -0500, Lynn McGuire
Post by Quadibloc
I now have a recommendation to the Democratic Party, should it seek a replacement
for Joe Biden as a Presidential candidate.
Rick Bright.
You want to solve a problem, give somebody who knows it's a problem the authority
to do the job.
The problem, since you don't seem to grasp it, is winning an election.
Some guy nobody ever heard of is unlikely to manage it.
Oh no, Quaddie wants to make the wannabe whiner-in-chief the dictator
for life over us.
That's not hard. Lincoln, Kennedy, FDR, Tippecanoe and a few others
were all "President for life".

Most people don't consider this a good thing, BTW.
2020-05-17 16:45:48 UTC
Post by Quadibloc
I now have a recommendation to the Democratic Party, should it seek a replacement
for Joe Biden as a Presidential candidate.
Rick Bright.
You want to solve a problem, give somebody who knows it's a problem the authority
to do the job.
The problem, since you don't seem to grasp it, is winning an election.
Some guy nobody ever heard of is unlikely to manage it.
Oh no, Quaddie wants to make the wannabe whiner-in-chief the dictator
for life over us.
That's not hard. Lincoln, Kennedy, FDR, Tippecanoe and a few others
were all "President for life".
Most people don't consider this a good thing, BTW.
According to something I just read, Amy Klobuchar is a "pragmatist", so perhaps
she is a possibility.

2020-05-17 20:31:13 UTC
--
If we elected Quaddie, the press could call his dodging questions
a "Savardian Spin-o-rama." :)*

But seriously, folks, is the US electorate ready to pick somebody
without a First Spouse for Pres? Perhaps there's a "Harriet Lane"
somewhere on the Quaddie family tree?

* Actually, Doug Harvey did that first.

2020-05-18 16:23:03 UTC
Post by Lynn McGuire
Oh no, Quaddie wants to make the wannabe whiner-in-chief the dictator
for life over us.
That's not hard. Lincoln, Kennedy, FDR, Tippecanoe and a few others
were all "President for life".
Most people don't consider this a good thing, BTW.
--
If we elected Quaddie, the press could call his dodging questions
a "Savardian Spin-o-rama." :)*
But seriously, folks, is the US electorate ready to pick somebody
without a First Spouse for Pres? Perhaps there's a "Harriet Lane"
somewhere on the Quaddie family tree?
We've done it before.

We can do it again.