[wfc] Inhalations by S. Qiouyi Lu
2020-05-15 17:48:24 UTC
Inhalations by S. Qiouyi Lu
https://jamesdavisnicoll.com/review/try-something-new
Joy Beeson
2020-05-16 21:08:39 UTC
Inhalations by S. Qiouyi Lu
https://jamesdavisnicoll.com/review/try-something-new
I gather from your review that S. Qiouyi Lu is a pseudonym after the
manner of Ellery Queen and Eando Binder. Are they two writers or
more? Are the real names secret?
--
Joy Beeson
joy beeson at comcast dot net
James Nicoll
2020-05-16 22:18:12 UTC
Post by Joy Beeson
Post by James Nicoll
Inhalations by S. Qiouyi Lu
https://jamesdavisnicoll.com/review/try-something-new
I gather from your review that S. Qiouyi Lu is a pseudonym after the
manner of Ellery Queen and Eando Binder. Are they two writers or
more? Are the real names secret?
As far as I know they are not. Why do you say that?
2020-05-16 23:22:29 UTC
Post by Joy Beeson
Post by James Nicoll
Inhalations by S. Qiouyi Lu
https://jamesdavisnicoll.com/review/try-something-new
I gather from your review that S. Qiouyi Lu is a pseudonym after the
manner of Ellery Queen and Eando Binder. Are they two writers or
more? Are the real names secret?
As far as I know they are not. Why do you say that?
Does "they" mean "not saying he or she" in this case?
Joy may have taken it as "more than one person",
and while reading your previous reviews sent me the
other way, I did have a "suspension of disbelief"
experience. I suppose that the point of using a
pronoun is only met if it doesn't need explanation, but
<https://reddwarf.fandom.com/wiki/Space_Corps_Directives>
deals with "gender ambiguity" otherwise. (These Directives
are not necessarily just, and the setting actually has
presented characters whose outward gender and humanity
vary while we are acquainted with them. And of course
some people in real life have pulled it off.)
James Nicoll
2020-05-17 00:40:51 UTC
Post by Joy Beeson
Post by James Nicoll
Inhalations by S. Qiouyi Lu
https://jamesdavisnicoll.com/review/try-something-new
I gather from your review that S. Qiouyi Lu is a pseudonym after the
manner of Ellery Queen and Eando Binder. Are they two writers or
more? Are the real names secret?
As far as I know they are not. Why do you say that?
Does "they" mean "not saying he or she" in this case?
Joy may have taken it as "more than one person",
Ah. No, in this case it is the singular they.