Goats to the rescue!
2019-10-31 22:12:01 UTC
Dorothy has regaled us with tales of the brush-eating goats used near
her in lieu of machinery, for various practical and ecological reasons.

Such a herd of goat regularly clearing the brush around the Ronald
Reagan Library is being credited with making it easier to save the site
from the Easy Fire.*

Yay, goats!

https://apnews.com/801090af71c14dba976549932bf4c79e

* You may now trot out the hoary joke about how both books
were saved, the one that RWR finished coloring, and the one he hadn't.

Contrary to comedians' wisecracks, Reagan did read.

https://www.usnews.com/news/blogs/washington-whispers/2013/10/02/ronald-reagan-responsible-for-tom-clancys-rise

2019-10-31 22:59:30 UTC
Dorothy has regaled us with tales of the brush-eating goats used near
her in lieu of machinery, for various practical and ecological reasons.
Such a herd of goat regularly clearing the brush around the Ronald
Reagan Library is being credited with making it easier to save the site
from the Easy Fire.*
Yay, goats!
Yes, and one article I read listed several of the goats' names.

Vincent van Goat.

Selena Goatmez.

Goatzart.
Post by Kevrob
https://apnews.com/801090af71c14dba976549932bf4c79e
* You may now trot out the hoary joke about how both books
were saved, the one that RWR finished coloring, and the one he hadn't.
Contrary to comedians' wisecracks, Reagan did read.
https://www.usnews.com/news/blogs/washington-whispers/2013/10/02/ronald-reagan-responsible-for-tom-clancys-rise
Hey, and before that, he had to read scripts.
2019-10-31 23:46:52 UTC
Dorothy has regaled us with tales of the brush-eating goats used near
her in lieu of machinery, for various practical and ecological reasons.
Such a herd of goat regularly clearing the brush around the Ronald
Reagan Library is being credited with making it easier to save the site
from the Easy Fire.*
Yay, goats!
Yes, and one article I read listed several of the goats' names.
Vincent van Goat.
Selena Goatmez.
Goatzart.
I saw that on BBC.com, now that I've looed for it.
https://apnews.com/801090af71c14dba976549932bf4c79e
* You may now trot out the hoary joke about how both books
were saved, the one that RWR finished coloring, and the one he hadn't.
Contrary to comedians' wisecracks, Reagan did read.
https://www.usnews.com/news/blogs/washington-whispers/2013/10/02/ronald-reagan-responsible-for-tom-clancys-rise
Hey, and before that, he had to read scripts.
Some of which, the goats wouldn't touch. :)

Seriously, he did "rip and read" {with embellishment}
"recreations" of baseball games featuring the Chicago Cubs
on the radio in Iowa.

https://www.thoughtco.com/ronald-reagans-radio-career-2843361

Recreating took a little imagination, and sometimes, sound effects.

2019-10-31 23:29:41 UTC
Contrary to comedians' wisecracks, Reagan did read.
https://www.usnews.com/news/blogs/washington-whispers/2013/10/02/ronald-reagan-responsible-for-tom-clancys-rise
And if he helped Tom Clancy become popular... John F. Kennedy apparently was
similarly helpful to another author in a similar genre... one Ian Fleming.

John Savard
a***@yahoo.com
And Abe Lincoln helped Harry Turtledove become famous. But not in this timeline.
Kevrob
2019-11-01 01:01:15 UTC
Post by a***@yahoo.com
Contrary to comedians' wisecracks, Reagan did read.
https://www.usnews.com/news/blogs/washington-whispers/2013/10/02/ronald-reagan-responsible-for-tom-clancys-rise
And if he helped Tom Clancy become popular... John F. Kennedy apparently was
similarly helpful to another author in a similar genre... one Ian Fleming.
And Abe Lincoln helped Harry Turtledove become famous. But not in this timeline.
JFK gave the James Bond novels a Stateside boost, but that was nothing
compared to what the films provided.

https://www.pophistorydig.com/topics/tag/james-bond-john-f-kennedy/

2019-11-01 01:49:58 UTC
Dorothy has regaled us with tales of the brush-eating goats used near
her in lieu of machinery, for various practical and ecological reasons.
Such a herd of goat regularly clearing the brush around the Ronald
Reagan Library is being credited with making it easier to save the site
from the Easy Fire.*
Yay, goats!
https://apnews.com/801090af71c14dba976549932bf4c79e
* You may now trot out the hoary joke about how both books
were saved, the one that RWR finished coloring, and the one he hadn't.
Yeah, I was worried for the crayons.
Kevin R
p***@hotmail.com
2019-11-01 04:09:57 UTC
Dorothy has regaled us with tales of the brush-eating goats used near
her in lieu of machinery, for various practical and ecological reasons.
Such a herd of goat regularly clearing the brush around the Ronald
Reagan Library is being credited with making it easier to save the site
from the Easy Fire.*
Yay, goats!
https://apnews.com/801090af71c14dba976549932bf4c79e
* You may now trot out the hoary joke about how both books
were saved, the one that RWR finished coloring, and the one he hadn't.
Ironically now, years later, coloring has become a popular activity
for all ages and stores have racks full of adult coloring books.
Post by Kevrob
Contrary to comedians' wisecracks, Reagan did read.
https://www.usnews.com/news/blogs/washington-whispers/2013/10/02/ronald-reagan-responsible-for-tom-clancys-rise
Peter Wezeman
anti-social Darwinist
Default User
2019-11-01 08:03:59 UTC
Dorothy has regaled us with tales of the brush-eating goats used near
her in lieu of machinery, for various practical and ecological reasons.
I have seen a few videos of "goats for hire" at work clearing an area. Time-lapse, of course.

Brian
Paul S Person
2019-11-01 16:50:03 UTC
Dorothy has regaled us with tales of the brush-eating goats used near
her in lieu of machinery, for various practical and ecological reasons.
Such a herd of goat regularly clearing the brush around the Ronald
Reagan Library is being credited with making it easier to save the site
from the Easy Fire.*
Yay, goats!
https://apnews.com/801090af71c14dba976549932bf4c79e
* You may now trot out the hoary joke about how both books
were saved, the one that RWR finished coloring, and the one he hadn't.
Contrary to comedians' wisecracks, Reagan did read.
Well, of course he did.

He read 3x5 cards just fine.

Also teleprompters.

But when he testified without either, he couldn't remember a thing.
Moriarty
2019-11-02 21:41:22 UTC
On Friday, November 1, 2019 at 9:12:05 AM UTC+11, Kevrob wrote:

<snip>
Post by Kevrob
Yay, goats!
And here was me thinking the subject line was a cunning plan to lure Terry Austin back to rasfw.

-Moriarty
Kevrob
2019-11-03 02:59:21 UTC
Post by Moriarty
<snip>
Post by Kevrob
Yay, goats!
And here was me thinking the subject line was a cunning plan to lure Terry Austin back to rasfw.
`Cause Terry thinks he's the GOAT of USENET?

2019-11-03 03:41:16 UTC
Post by Moriarty
Post by Moriarty
<snip>
Post by Kevrob
Yay, goats!
And here was me thinking the subject line was a cunning plan to lure
Terry Austin back to rasfw.
`Cause Terry thinks he's the GOAT of USENET?
Seriously, does anybody know what's become of him? Has he just
gotten terminally disgusted with USENET, or has something
untoward happened to him? I like Terry, in spite of his
crabbiness, and I'd like to know if he's all right.
m***@gmail.com
He might be in prison.
Dorothy J Heydt
2019-11-16 01:40:59 UTC
Post by m***@gmail.com
Post by Dorothy J Heydt
Post by Moriarty
Post by Moriarty
<snip>
Post by Kevrob
Yay, goats!
And here was me thinking the subject line was a cunning plan to lure
Terry Austin back to rasfw.
`Cause Terry thinks he's the GOAT of USENET?
Seriously, does anybody know what's become of him? Has he just
gotten terminally disgusted with USENET, or has something
untoward happened to him? I like Terry, in spite of his
crabbiness, and I'd like to know if he's all right.
He might be in prison.
He might be dead. He has not responded to my emails.

2019-11-16 02:21:11 UTC
He might be dead. He has not responded to my emails.
No obits under Austin in the OC Register in the last 6 mos
except for these:

https://obits.ocregister.com/obituaries/orangecounty/obituary-search.aspx?daterange=180&lastname=Austin&countryid=1&stateid=7&affiliateid=591

That's Terry's local paper, isn't it?

2019-11-16 03:20:06 UTC
He might be dead. He has not responded to my emails.
No obits under Austin in the OC Register in the last 6 mos
https://obits.ocregister.com/obituaries/orangecounty/obituary-search.aspx?daterange=180&lastname=Austin&countryid=1&stateid=7&affiliateid=591
That's Terry's local paper, isn't it?
It would be, yes. He lives in Tustin, I believe. And I *think*
he's too old for Jeff, and too young for Sherman (who was a year
younger than I am), and he's definitely not Nancy.

So we may hope (or fear, depending on your taste) that he's just
gone into his den and pulled it in after him.
2019-11-16 03:45:09 UTC
He might be dead. He has not responded to my emails.
No obits under Austin in the OC Register in the last 6 mos
https://obits.ocregister.com/obituaries/orangecounty/obituary-search.aspx?daterange=180&lastname=Austin&countryid=1&stateid=7&affiliateid=591
That's Terry's local paper, isn't it?
It would be, yes. He lives in Tustin, I believe. And I *think*
he's too old for Jeff, and too young for Sherman (who was a year
younger than I am), and he's definitely not Nancy.
So we may hope (or fear, depending on your taste) that he's just
gone into his den and pulled it in after him.
If I remember right, he is about a year older than me. That would make
him 60, maybe 61.

Lynn
m***@gmail.com
Terry Austin was born on 2/11/1961. That makes him to be 58 years old.
Lynn McGuire
2019-11-18 23:46:55 UTC
Post by m***@gmail.com
He might be dead. He has not responded to my emails.
No obits under Austin in the OC Register in the last 6 mos
https://obits.ocregister.com/obituaries/orangecounty/obituary-search.aspx?daterange=180&lastname=Austin&countryid=1&stateid=7&affiliateid=591
That's Terry's local paper, isn't it?
It would be, yes. He lives in Tustin, I believe. And I *think*
he's too old for Jeff, and too young for Sherman (who was a year
younger than I am), and he's definitely not Nancy.
So we may hope (or fear, depending on your taste) that he's just
gone into his den and pulled it in after him.
If I remember right, he is about a year older than me. That would make
him 60, maybe 61.
Lynn
Terry Austin was born on 2/11/1961. That makes him to be 58 years old.
If that is correct then he is a year younger than me.

Thanks,
2019-11-19 00:23:38 UTC
On Mon, 18 Nov 2019 17:46:55 -0600, Lynn McGuire
Post by Lynn McGuire
Post by m***@gmail.com
He might be dead. He has not responded to my emails.
No obits under Austin in the OC Register in the last 6 mos
https://obits.ocregister.com/obituaries/orangecounty/obituary-search.aspx?daterange=180&lastname=Austin&countryid=1&stateid=7&affiliateid=591
That's Terry's local paper, isn't it?
It would be, yes. He lives in Tustin, I believe. And I *think*
he's too old for Jeff, and too young for Sherman (who was a year
younger than I am), and he's definitely not Nancy.
So we may hope (or fear, depending on your taste) that he's just
gone into his den and pulled it in after him.
If I remember right, he is about a year older than me. That would make
him 60, maybe 61.
Lynn
Terry Austin was born on 2/11/1961. That makes him to be 58 years old.
If that is correct then he is a year younger than me.
Would you people quit talking about this? It's tempting me to do
something that if it works could get me fired.
Dorothy J Heydt
2019-11-19 01:47:09 UTC
Post by Lynn McGuire
Post by m***@gmail.com
That's Terry's local paper, isn't it?
It would be, yes. He lives in Tustin, I believe. And I *think*
he's too old for Jeff, and too young for Sherman (who was a year
younger than I am), and he's definitely not Nancy.
So we may hope (or fear, depending on your taste) that he's just
gone into his den and pulled it in after him.
If I remember right, he is about a year older than me. That would make
him 60, maybe 61.
Lynn
Terry Austin was born on 2/11/1961. That makes him to be 58 years old.
If that is correct then he is a year younger than me.
Would you people quit talking about this? It's tempting me to do
something that if it works could get me fired.
Okay. I won't even ask who you work for.
Juho Julkunen
2019-11-19 02:00:10 UTC
In article <***@4ax.com>, jclarke.873638
@gmail.com says...
Post by Lynn McGuire
Post by m***@gmail.com
[...]
Terry Austin, still trolling people even when absent.

I wonder if Kratman is going to pop in to regale him with another poem.
Juho Julkunen
Dorothy J Heydt
2019-11-19 03:03:26 UTC
Post by Juho Julkunen
@gmail.com says...
Post by m***@gmail.com
That's Terry's local paper, isn't it?
It would be, yes. He lives in Tustin, I believe. And I *think*
he's too old for Jeff, and too young for Sherman (who was a year
younger than I am), and he's definitely not Nancy.
So we may hope (or fear, depending on your taste) that he's just
gone into his den and pulled it in after him.
If I remember right, he is about a year older than me. That would make
him 60, maybe 61.
Lynn
Terry Austin was born on 2/11/1961. That makes him to be 58 years old.
If that is correct then he is a year younger than me.
Would you people quit talking about this? It's tempting me to do
something that if it works could get me fired.
Terry Austin, still trolling people even when absent.
I wonder if Kratman is going to pop in to regale him with another poem.
Maybe. I missed the first one; do you have a link?
Juho Julkunen
2019-11-19 13:46:28 UTC
Post by Juho Julkunen
@gmail.com says...
Post by m***@gmail.com
[...]
I do not, but I don't think there's anything there you need to see,
anyway. They were not for polite company.
Juho Julkunen
Lynn McGuire
2019-11-22 01:52:29 UTC
Post by Juho Julkunen
@gmail.com says...
Post by Lynn McGuire
Post by m***@gmail.com
[...]
Kratman is too busy writing articles and books (three new books coming
out soon). "Our Gallant Allies, the Kurds (and other fairy tales)" by
Tom Kratman

https://www.investmentwatchblog.com/most-folks-who-have-never-been-to-iraq-think-of-the-kurds-as-some-noble-non-islamic-ally-well-theyre-a-bit-better-than-the-typical-islamic-but-not-a-hell-of-a-lot/