"16 Best Fae and Fairy Books" by Dan Livingston
2020-05-21 21:04:44 UTC
"16 Best Fae and Fairy Books" by Dan Livingston
https://fantasybookworld.com/16-best-fae-and-fairy-books/

I am fairly sure that I read "Peter Pan" a really long time ago. I have
seen the movie (several of them in fact). Other than that, none in the
list for me.

This list needs the most excellent “Among Others” by Jo Walton somewhere
near the top.

https://www.amazon.com/Among-Others-Hugo-Award-Winner-ebook/dp/B0044781T2/

Dan Livingston has his own book "Nyx!" in the list also.

I am thinking that Seanan McGuire's awesome October Daye series should
be in the list also.

https://www.amazon.com/Rosemary-Rue-October-Daye-Book-ebook/dp/B002N83HAW/

And the excellent Mercy Thompson series by Patricia Briggs should be in
the list.

https://www.amazon.com/Moon-Called-Mercy-Thompson-Book-ebook/dp/B000OCXHTK/

2020-05-23 03:07:53 UTC
[...]
Lynn
Missing 'Lords and Ladies', and 'The Wee Free Men' by Pratchett

Also, 'The Weirdstone of Brisingamen' and 'Moon of Gomroth' by Alan Garner.

Pt
Robert Woodward
2020-05-23 04:58:29 UTC
Post by Peter Trei
Post by Lynn McGuire
[...]
I would add _Tam Lin_ by Pamela Dean and _War of the Oaks_ by Emma Bull.
2020-05-23 05:35:25 UTC
Post by Peter Trei
Also, 'The Weirdstone of Brisingamen' and 'Moon of Gomroth' by Alan Garner.
Well, to each his own. I remember Karen Anderson saying, "If
Garner had written _The Lord of the Rings_, all the action
would've taken place between Hobbiton and Bywater."
The Garner books are intensely bound to their locale, and I may still have the Ordnance Survey
Map where I traced every step.

Nevertheless, they are great stories. Try them out.

Pt
Dorothy J Heydt
2020-05-23 15:43:49 UTC
Post by Peter Trei
Post by Peter Trei
Also, 'The Weirdstone of Brisingamen' and 'Moon of Gomroth' by Alan Garner.
Well, to each his own. I remember Karen Anderson saying, "If
Garner had written _The Lord of the Rings_, all the action
would've taken place between Hobbiton and Bywater."
The Garner books are intensely bound to their locale, and I may still
have the Ordnance Survey
Map where I traced every step.
Nevertheless, they are great stories. Try them out.
I have read them. They're not to my taste.
Johnny1A
Or their author's. He came to despise his early work. Which I consider unfortunate, because _Weirdstone_ is one of my favorite fantasy novels, and part of the appeal, for me, is the mundane setting.
Default User
2020-05-23 18:36:55 UTC
Post by Peter Trei
Post by Lynn McGuire
[...]
I'd add one of the Invisible Library books by Genevieve Cogman. The Masked City was the most Fae-oriented one I'd say.

Brian