that there is some fine foreshadowing
Richard Hershberger
2020-01-06 19:28:21 UTC
One pleasure of re-reading The Lord of the Rings is the prospect of noticing something I had not previously noted the first few dozen times I read it. From "Many Meetings," as Frodo enters the feasting hall and sees Arwen:

"So it was that Frodo saw her whom few mortals had yet seen;" I don't believe I had ever consciously noted that "yet."

Richard R. Hershberger
D B Davis
2020-01-10 14:55:43 UTC
Post by Richard Hershberger
One pleasure of re-reading The Lord of the Rings is the prospect of noticing
something I had not previously noted the first few dozen times I read it.
"So it was that Frodo saw her whom few mortals had yet seen;" I don't
believe I had ever consciously noted that "yet."
Having not read the story allow me to note that a single word foreshadow
is exceeding fine. Perhaps it's too subtle by dozens. It may be more
Easter egg than foreshadow.
_Perry Rhodan_'s foreshadows are easier to see the first time around
because they're more towards the "telegraph" end of the spectrum. When
three rocket ships are hijacked from a base, for instance, the story
blithely strides on to other subjects. But readers fully suspect that's
not the end of the story for the three rocket ships.

telltale tall tail /, _.. \ _\ (`._ ,.