"21 Best Post-apocalyptic Science Fiction Books" by Dan Livingston
Lynn McGuire
2021-07-20 22:09:42 UTC
"21 Best Post-apocalyptic Science Fiction Books" by Dan Livingston

https://best-sci-fi-books.com/21-best-post-apocalyptic-science-fiction-books/

I have read "I Am Legend", "The Postman", "Alas, Babylon", "On the
Beach", "The Passage", "The Girl with All the Gifts", "A Canticle for
Leibowitz", "The Road", and "Earth Abides". 9 of the 21.

I would add a few more to this:
1. “Lights Out” by David Crawford:
https://www.amazon.com/Lights-Out-David-Crawford/dp/0615427359/
2. "Emergence" by David Palmer
https://www.amazon.com/Emergence-David-R-Palmer/dp/194881806X/
3. "One Second After"
https://www.amazon.com/Second-After-John-Matherson-Novel/dp/0765356864/

Lynn
Scott Lurndal
2021-07-21 00:28:33 UTC
Post by Lynn McGuire
"21 Best Post-apocalyptic Science Fiction Books" by Dan Livingston
https://best-sci-fi-books.com/21-best-post-apocalyptic-science-fiction-books/
I have read "I Am Legend", "The Postman", "Alas, Babylon", "On the
Beach", "The Passage", "The Girl with All the Gifts", "A Canticle for
Leibowitz", "The Road", and "Earth Abides". 9 of the 21.
https://www.amazon.com/Lights-Out-David-Crawford/dp/0615427359/
2. "Emergence" by David Palmer
https://www.amazon.com/Emergence-David-R-Palmer/dp/194881806X/
3. "One Second After"
https://www.amazon.com/Second-After-John-Matherson-Novel/dp/0765356864/
O.T. Nelson's _The Girl who Owned a City_ (1975) is missing from the list
as is Verner Vinge _Across Realtime_.
a***@yahoo.com
I would add "Amnesia Moon" by Jonathan Lethem. The post apocalypse should be strange.
Lynn McGuire
2021-07-21 19:07:40 UTC
Post by a***@yahoo.com
Post by Lynn McGuire
"21 Best Post-apocalyptic Science Fiction Books" by Dan Livingston
https://best-sci-fi-books.com/21-best-post-apocalyptic-science-fiction-books/
I have read "I Am Legend", "The Postman", "Alas, Babylon", "On the
Beach", "The Passage", "The Girl with All the Gifts", "A Canticle for
Leibowitz", "The Road", and "Earth Abides". 9 of the 21.
https://www.amazon.com/Lights-Out-David-Crawford/dp/0615427359/
2. "Emergence" by David Palmer
https://www.amazon.com/Emergence-David-R-Palmer/dp/194881806X/
3. "One Second After"
https://www.amazon.com/Second-After-John-Matherson-Novel/dp/0765356864/
Lynn
I would add "Amnesia Moon" by Jonathan Lethem. The post apocalypse should be strange.
And I forgot "Lucifer's Hammer" and "FootFall" by Larry Niven and Jerry
Pournelle.
https://www.amazon.com/Lucifers-Hammer-Novel-Larry-Niven/dp/0449208133/
and
https://www.amazon.com/Footfall-Larry-Niven/dp/0345323440/

Lynn
Lynn McGuire
2021-07-21 19:14:50 UTC
Post by a***@yahoo.com
Post by Lynn McGuire
"21 Best Post-apocalyptic Science Fiction Books" by Dan Livingston
https://best-sci-fi-books.com/21-best-post-apocalyptic-science-fiction-books/
I have read "I Am Legend", "The Postman", "Alas, Babylon", "On the
Beach", "The Passage", "The Girl with All the Gifts", "A Canticle for
Leibowitz", "The Road", and "Earth Abides". 9 of the 21.
https://www.amazon.com/Lights-Out-David-Crawford/dp/0615427359/
2. "Emergence" by David Palmer
https://www.amazon.com/Emergence-David-R-Palmer/dp/194881806X/
3. "One Second After"
https://www.amazon.com/Second-After-John-Matherson-Novel/dp/0765356864/
Lynn
I would add "Amnesia Moon" by Jonathan Lethem. The post apocalypse should be strange.
From a friend:

"Also missing: Wells’ War of the Worlds, Heinlein’s Farnham’s Freehold,
Zelazny’s Damnation Alley, Wyndham’s Day of the Triffids, Norton’s Star
Man’s Son, Boulle’s Planet of the Apes, Pedler/Davis’s Mutant 59: The
Plastic Eaters"

I approve of this list. Especially the Heinlein and the Norton.

Lynn
mwsto...@gmail.com
Has anyone mentioned Leigh Brackett's The Long Tomorrow? A very original take on the theme.
Lynn McGuire
2021-08-03 19:56:20 UTC
Post by ***@gmail.com
Post by Lynn McGuire
Post by a***@yahoo.com
Post by Lynn McGuire
[...]
This book ? Do you recommend it ?
https://www.amazon.com/Long-Tomorrow-Leigh-Brackett/dp/1647100313/

Thanks,
Lynn
William Hyde
2021-08-03 22:10:52 UTC
Post by ***@gmail.com
Post by Lynn McGuire
Post by a***@yahoo.com
Post by Lynn McGuire
[...]
I reread it recently and enjoyed it. But then I do like Leigh Brackett in general.

William Hyde
Lynn McGuire
2021-08-03 23:24:17 UTC
Post by William Hyde
Post by ***@gmail.com
Post by Lynn McGuire
Post by a***@yahoo.com
Post by Lynn McGuire
[...]
I read the preview on Big River and realized that I had read it already.
I would really like to get my books out of the boxes in the garage but
that is not going to happen anytime soon.

Thanks,
Lynn