xkcd: "Feathered Dinosaur Venn Diagram"
2018-12-26 19:14:40 UTC
xkcd: "Feathered Dinosaur Venn Diagram"
https://xkcd.com/2090/

Heh.

Explanation:

https://www.explainxkcd.com/wiki/index.php/2090:_Feathered_Dinosaur_Venn_Diagram

Lynn
Wolffan
2018-12-26 20:56:06 UTC
xkcd: "Feathered Dinosaur Venn Diagram"
https://xkcd.com/2090/
Heh.
https://www.explainxkcd.com/wiki/index.php/2090:_Feathered_Dinosaur_Venn_Diagr
am
Lynn
Allegedly some, possibly most, velociraptors had feathers. They’ll do quite
well for ’scary’, even if most real velociraptors weren’t as big as
Jurassic Park velociraptors. These boyz
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phorusrhacidae were real bags of feathered fun,
too. Memo: be sure to walk softly and carry an Ingram gun. (Exits, to the
tune of ‘Jungle work’)
Lynn McGuire
2018-12-26 22:16:25 UTC
Post by Wolffan
Post by Lynn McGuire
xkcd: "Feathered Dinosaur Venn Diagram"
https://xkcd.com/2090/
Heh.
https://www.explainxkcd.com/wiki/index.php/2090:_Feathered_Dinosaur_Venn_Diagr
am
Lynn
Allegedly some, possibly most, velociraptors had feathers. They’ll do quite
well for ’scary’, even if most real velociraptors weren’t as big as
Jurassic Park velociraptors. These boyz
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phorusrhacidae were real bags of feathered fun,
too. Memo: be sure to walk softly and carry an Ingram gun. (Exits, to the
tune of ‘Jungle work’)
Looks like a vicious emu.

2018-12-26 22:49:24 UTC
Post by Wolffan
Post by Lynn McGuire
xkcd: "Feathered Dinosaur Venn Diagram"
https://xkcd.com/2090/
Heh.
https://www.explainxkcd.com/wiki/index.php/2090:_Feathered_Dinosaur_Venn_Diagr
am
Lynn
Allegedly some, possibly most, velociraptors had feathers. They’ll do quite
well for ’scary’, even if most real velociraptors weren’t as big as
Jurassic Park velociraptors. These boyz
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phorusrhacidae were real bags of feathered fun,
too. Memo: be sure to walk softly and carry an Ingram gun. (Exits, to the
tune of ‘Jungle work’)
Looks like a vicious emu.
Ever forget: the Australian Military fought a war against emus...

....and lost.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emu_War

Pt
Dimensional Traveler
2018-12-26 23:25:02 UTC
Post by Peter Trei
Post by Lynn McGuire
Post by Wolffan
Post by Lynn McGuire
xkcd: "Feathered Dinosaur Venn Diagram"
https://xkcd.com/2090/
Heh.
https://www.explainxkcd.com/wiki/index.php/2090:_Feathered_Dinosaur_Venn_Diagr
am
Lynn
Allegedly some, possibly most, velociraptors had feathers. They’ll do quite
well for ’scary’, even if most real velociraptors weren’t as big as
Jurassic Park velociraptors. These boyz
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phorusrhacidae were real bags of feathered fun,
too. Memo: be sure to walk softly and carry an Ingram gun. (Exits, to the
tune of ‘Jungle work’)
Looks like a vicious emu.
Ever forget: the Australian Military fought a war against emus...
....and lost.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emu_War
"The Emu command had evidently ordered guerrilla tactics, and its
unwieldy army soon split up into innumerable small units that made use
of the military equipment uneconomic. A crestfallen field force
therefore withdrew from the combat area after about a month."
Thomas Koenig
2018-12-27 14:27:52 UTC
Post by Peter Trei
Post by Lynn McGuire
Post by Wolffan
Post by Lynn McGuire
xkcd: "Feathered Dinosaur Venn Diagram"
https://xkcd.com/2090/
Heh.
https://www.explainxkcd.com/wiki/index.php/2090:_Feathered_Dinosaur_Venn_Diagr
am
Lynn
Allegedly some, possibly most, velociraptors had feathers. They’ll do quite
well for ’scary’, even if most real velociraptors weren’t as big as
Jurassic Park velociraptors. These boyz
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phorusrhacidae were real bags of feathered fun,
too. Memo: be sure to walk softly and carry an Ingram gun. (Exits, to the
tune of ‘Jungle work’)
Looks like a vicious emu.
Ever forget: the Australian Military fought a war against emus...
....and lost.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emu_War
In the German Wikipedia, I read an indication that the war was only
fought by three soldiers on the Australian side. I didn't find
any other figures. Does anybody have more information on that?
Robert Carnegie
2019-01-04 01:42:02 UTC
xkcd: "Feathered Dinosaur Venn Diagram"
https://xkcd.com/2090/
Heh.
https://www.explainxkcd.com/wiki/index.php/2090:_Feathered_Dinosaur_Venn_Diagram
As for me, if I had to fight an ostrich, I'd figure out some way
of making a bola. Once you get it off its feet and tie them
together, it loses a lot of its moxie. No, I do not volunteer.
And if I train my ostrich to catch a bolas and throw
it back at you - hypothetically, of course?

Also see:

"How to Groom an Emu"
by Mr. Rod Hull.