I've been reading a book about Anti-Gravity, --
a425couple
2020-04-05 02:11:25 UTC
I've been reading a book about Anti-Gravity.
It's impossible to put down.
Kevrob
2020-04-05 02:19:08 UTC
Post by a425couple
I've been reading a book about Anti-Gravity.
It's impossible to put down.
Don't get carried away!

Kevin R
a.a #2310
Dimensional Traveler
2020-04-05 02:35:33 UTC
Post by a425couple
I've been reading a book about Anti-Gravity.
It's impossible to put down.
Don't get carried away!
He may be light-headed.
"You need to believe in things that aren't true. How else can they become?"
Titus G
It will be a rant from the very old who are more prone to falling over.
Dorothy J Heydt
2020-04-05 14:41:38 UTC
Post by Titus G
Post by a425couple
I've been reading a book about Anti-Gravity.
It's impossible to put down.
Don't get carried away!
He may be light-headed.
It will be a rant from the very old who are more prone to falling over.
I hear you. I would have a lot more bruises if my apartment were
not so full of furniture (chiefly bookcases; we used to live in a
larger house) that if I wobble, I always have something to grab hold
of.

I have a walker (inherited from my late mother-in-law), and I had
just started using it again when social distancing set in and I
haven't left the house since.
Sylvain
2020-04-05 07:32:10 UTC
Post by a425couple
I've been reading a book about Anti-Gravity.
It's impossible to put down.
No!!!

What book have you been reading ?

I once saw the anti-gravity in the Star Wars movie and it was very good,
for example, to take off from his house, to prune a tree without ladder,
to move very fast, to go up in space....

You gave me an idea. As there is the covid 19 and I staying in my house.
I am going to make an anti-gravity system for my car right now
h***@gmail.com
2020-04-05 08:26:24 UTC
Post by Sylvain
Post by a425couple
I've been reading a book about Anti-Gravity.
It's impossible to put down.
No!!!
What book have you been reading ?
I once saw the anti-gravity in the Star Wars movie and it was very good,
for example, to take off from his house, to prune a tree without ladder,
to move very fast, to go up in space....
You gave me an idea. As there is the covid 19 and I staying in my house.
I am going to make an anti-gravity system for my car right now
You might want to take another look at the original post

Run a joke detector over it if you need to.
Robert Carnegie
2020-04-05 11:48:04 UTC
Post by h***@gmail.com
Post by Sylvain
Post by a425couple
I've been reading a book about Anti-Gravity.
It's impossible to put down.
No!!!
What book have you been reading ?
I once saw the anti-gravity in the Star Wars movie and it was very good,
for example, to take off from his house, to prune a tree without ladder,
to move very fast, to go up in space....
You gave me an idea. As there is the covid 19 and I staying in my house.
I am going to make an anti-gravity system for my car right now
You might want to take another look at the original post
Run a joke detector over it if you need to.
I would like light reading just now.

_Jumper_ isn't anti gravity!
Kevrob
2020-04-05 12:57:11 UTC
Post by h***@gmail.com
Post by Sylvain
Post by a425couple
I've been reading a book about Anti-Gravity.
It's impossible to put down.
No!!!
What book have you been reading ?
I once saw the anti-gravity in the Star Wars movie and it was very good,
for example, to take off from his house, to prune a tree without ladder,
to move very fast, to go up in space....
You gave me an idea. As there is the covid 19 and I staying in my house.
I am going to make an anti-gravity system for my car right now
You might want to take another look at the original post
Run a joke detector over it if you need to.
I would like light reading just now.
_Jumper_ isn't anti gravity!
If you want to avoid gravity, I could recommend some Adams,
Harrison, and even some Gaiman & Pratchett.

Old threads with recommendations of humorous sf/f.

https://groups.google.com/forum/?#!search/%22humor$20in$20sf%22$20books$20sf.written/rec.arts.sf.written/357Xz5RsoPY/vO530A8b9-EJ

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/rec.arts.sf.written/z8bHXbAiIo0%5B1-25%5D

I'm sure there are others.

2020-04-05 13:51:16 UTC
Post by h***@gmail.com
Post by Sylvain
Post by a425couple
[...]
Thank you.

Douglas Adams does have a tendency to destroy
all life on earth, which can be a downer.
Dimensional Traveler
"You need to believe in things that aren't true. How else can they become?"
D B Davis
2020-04-05 14:56:51 UTC
Post by h***@gmail.com
Post by Sylvain
Post by a425couple
I've been reading a book about Anti-Gravity.
It's impossible to put down.
No!!!
What book have you been reading ?
I once saw the anti-gravity in the Star Wars movie and it was very good,
for example, to take off from his house, to prune a tree without ladder,
to move very fast, to go up in space....
You gave me an idea. As there is the covid 19 and I staying in my house.
I am going to make an anti-gravity system for my car right now
You might want to take another look at the original post
Run a joke detector over it if you need to.
I would like light reading just now.
_Jumper_ isn't anti gravity!
Here's a massive menu of light reading:

http://www.projectrho.com/public_html/rocket/antigravity.php

It seems to cover a lot of bases. So, the game is to name what's
/missing/ from the list.
For instance, mutant member mousebeaver Pucky from Perry Rhodan uses
telekinesis to transport things through gravitative fields. But, Pucky
may not count because he's faunal rather than mechanical.

BTW, this thread's puns provide perspicacious entertainment.

Don.......My cat's )\._.,--....,'``.
telltale tall tail /, _.. \ _\ (`._ ,.
2020-04-05 10:43:24 UTC
You gave me an idea. As there is the covid 19 and I staying in my house.
  I am going to make an anti-gravity system for my car right now
You want to be careful installing anti-gravity in a car. I could never get mine balanced; it turned my old Plymouth Horizon into a Plymouth Vertic.
-Jack
Dorothy J Heydt
2020-04-05 14:42:50 UTC
Post by Sylvain
Post by a425couple
I've been reading a book about Anti-Gravity.
It's impossible to put down.
No!!!
What book have you been reading ?
I once saw the anti-gravity in the Star Wars movie and it was very good,
for example, to take off from his house, to prune a tree without ladder,
to move very fast, to go up in space....
You gave me an idea. As there is the covid 19 and I staying in my house.
I am going to make an anti-gravity system for my car right now
Duh. I read that as "an anti-gravity system for my cat" and my
reaction was, "but doesn't the cat already have one?"
Bast
2020-04-05 15:22:52 UTC
Post by a425couple
I've been reading a book about Anti-Gravity.
It's impossible to put down.
<sigh> Am I the only one who caught this ?
Seems Kung Flu is turning people's brains to mush, everywhere now.
Christian Weisgerber
2020-04-05 14:51:47 UTC
Post by a425couple
I've been reading a book about Anti-Gravity.
It's impossible to put down.
I had one about negative mass.
It keeps getting away from me.

(Robert L. Forward made good use of this in _Timemaster_, IIRC.)
--
Christian "naddy" Weisgerber ***@mips.inka.de